Decorated Cannon Beetle
|Appears in||Pikmin 2|
|Scientific name||Granitus decorum|
|Areas||Valley of Repose, Wistful Wild|
|Caves||Frontier Cavern, Hole of Heroes|
|Challenge Mode levels||Brawny Abyss, Sniper Room|
|2-Player Battle levels||Brawl Yard|
|Seed worth||8 seeds|
|Poko value||× 4|
|Attacks||Launches magnetic boulders|
|Hit points||850 HP|
Decorated Cannon Beetles are enemies in Pikmin 2. They have an appearance similar to Armored Cannon Beetle Larvae, but are red instead of green, and have orange eyes. Also, this particular species is never found buried in the ground like Armored Cannon Beetle Larvae. They, too, spit out stones, but their rocks home in on the currently active captain due to the magnetic field which envelops the boulders. However, the stones have odd characteristics. First of all, when they are found in caves which are made of metal (which is rusty, indicating it contains iron), the spacesuits are the only thing the boulders home in on. The rocks are also surprisingly frail, in that one can be destroyed by throwing a Purple Pikmin.
It is advised not to use Pikmin to attack this creature, because a large number can easily be killed by its boulders; instead, it is highly recommended to use the captain strategy. However, if there is not enough room to kill it with its own attack, the Armored Cannon Beetle Larva strategy should be used.
The best way to defeat a Beetle is to use its own boulders against itself: since the rocks follow the captain, they can be manipulated into hitting the same Beetle that shot them. However, it is impossible to get a rock out of most lower water-filled areas. As a note, the rocks it shoots cannot be petrified, but they will not hurt the leader if he lies down. The boulders also act quite well against other enemies as well, killing small ones instantly and larger ones in one or two hits. Damage is determined by the speed of the stone and where the enemy is hit: hitting an enemy in the head will do more damage. If there is not enough room to do this, use Pikmin to defeat this creature.
- For information on the rocks it spits, see Armored Cannon Larva#Technical information.
|Pikmin 2 technical information (?)|
|Global properties (List)|
|s001||wallReflection||Unknown (wall bounce speed multiplier?)||0.5|
|s004||bounceFactor||Unknown (bounce when it hits the ground?)||0.3|
|fp02||ダメージスケールXZ||Horizontal damage scale||0.35|
|fp03||ダメージスケールY||Vertical damage scale||0.25|
|fp04||ダメージフレーム||Unknown (damage scale time?)||0.35|
|fp09||テリトリー||Unknown (territory radius?)||150|
|fp10||ホーム範囲||Unknown (home radius?)||30|
|fp11||プライベート距離||Unknown (private radius?)||75|
|fp12||視界距離||Unknown (sight radius?)||350|
|fp14||探索距離||Unknown (exploration radius?)||0|
|fp15||探索角度||Unknown (exploration angle?)||0|
|fp16||振り払い率||Unknown (shake rate?)||1|
|fp20||攻撃可能範囲||Unknown (shock attack max range?)||180|
|fp21||攻撃可能角度||Unknown (shock attack max angle?)||0|
|fp22||攻撃ヒット範囲||Unknown (attack hit range?)||25|
|fp23||攻撃ヒット角度||Unknown (attack hit angle?)||0|
|fp24||攻撃力||Unknown (attack power?)||10|
|fp25||視界高||Unknown (height visibility?)||100|
|fp26||探索高||Unknown (exploration height?)||0|
|fp27||ライフの高さ||Unknown (max HP?)||50|
|fp28||回転最大速度||Unknown (max rotation speed?)||5|
|fp29||警戒時間||Unknown (warning time?)||15|
|fp32||LOD半径||Unknown (LOD radius?)||45|
|fp36||ヒップドロップダメージ||Purple Pikmin drop damage||50|
|fp37||地震気絶確立||Purple Pikmin stun chance||0.3 (30%)|
|fp38||地震気絶時間||Purple Pikmin stun time||5|
This article or section is in need of more or better images.
- On the Piklopedia, this enemy cannot be destroyed with its own projectile. If pikpik carrots are thrown such that the Beetle's rock chases after them, curves, and hits its launcher, it will break without damaging the beast.
- In the end of day sequence at the Valley of Repose, a Decorated Cannon Beetle often appears. Sometimes it will shoot rocks (which occasionally strike and injure/kill other enemies), inhale, and walk much faster than normal.
- If the game is paused just as the creature makes its first dying sound, some strange noises will be heard, that get lower and lower, lasting for more than 10 seconds. The same will happen with an Armored Cannon Beetle Larva.
- Their scientific name, Granitus decorum, means "Beautiful Granite".
- The Decorated Cannon Beetle's boulders act much like the red shells from the Mario Kart series, in that both home in on targets. In addition, both the creature and shells share the same red coloration. This same similarity applies to the Armored Cannon Beetle Larva and green shells.