The S.S. Dolphin is the personal delivery ship that belongs to Captain Olimar in the first Pikmin game. It is wrecked when it collides with a comet during a flight to a vacation spot and 30 of its pieces are scattered and land within five areas of the Pikmin Planet; Pikmin involves the collection of these using creatures called Pikmin. When Olimar returns to Hocotate with a fixed ship at the start of Pikmin 2, the S.S. Dolphin is sold to help pay the Hocotate Freight company's enormous debt.
 Known parts
- The S.S. Dolphin's name is a reference to the GameCube's development codename, the Dolphin.
- The two lights on the front of the ship change colors with the amount of progress Olimar has made in repairing it. The lights are off when he first crashes at the Impact Site. They are red when the Forest of Hope is accessible, yellow when The Forest Navel is accessible, green for The Distant Spring, blue for The Final Trial and purple when the Secret Safe is returned.
- The S.S. Dolphin makes a cameo in Animal Crossing: City Folk as a piece of furniture distributed by Nintendo from July 20 to August 3 to celebrate the Apollo moon landing.
- When viewed from above, the nose of the ship looks like a Poké Ball.
- The S.S. Dolphin may have a personality of its own, as Olimar's notes on the Analog Computer state that the Dolphin is quick to anger.