7 day run (Pikmin 2)
A 7 day run is where a player completes Pikmin 2 in 7 days. This challenge run is similar to the 6 day run in Pikmin in the regard that this is the minimum known number of days that can be taken to collect all 201 treasures. It is achieved by collecting each type of Pikmin on the first possible day, with both Blue Pikmin and White Pikmin on day 3, and completing both Perplexing Pool and Wistful Wild in a single day each. The following is a brief outline of such a run.
The following article or section contains guides.
The order of some days can be moved around – for example, finishing Valley of Repose can wait until after finding Yellows at Perplexing Pool (though this increases the difficulty of Perplexing Pool, which is arguably the hardest day), or Wistful Wild can be completed before Awakening Wood.
- This is the same as in any other run through the game. Let your Red Pikmin grow to flower status before plucking them, to increase their performance.
- Complete Hole of Beasts and White Flower Garden.
- Find the White Pikmin.
- Collect Geographic Projection.
- Use the seesaw block glitch to find and raise Blue Pikmin.
Note:All overground treasures must be collected before completing the final caves so that you can clear out the area before the day ends due to having cleared the debt.
- Find the Yellow Pikmin.
- Collect all overground treasures.
- Complete Citadel of Spiders, Glutton's Kitchen, Shower Room, and Submerged Castle.
- YouTube video demonstrating some glitches and tricks on how to perform a 7 day run on New Play Control! Pikmin 2
This article was a featured article from April 18th to May 13th, 2008.