Forum:Official artwork vs. Screenshots
I propose that we use official artwork as the main images in the articles instead of the screenshots. For one, most of the screenshots are very blurry and do not represent the article they're on very well. Though I do give props to whomever has taken them, they belong under a section where the creature's physical appearance is being described. I've been patient, and rather than approaching this immaturely like I did last time, I want consensus. I want to know if any of the active members agree with my decision, and if so, I can make these changes.
- Granted I get enough support, I won't just swap the images around, I'll make a "Physical appearance" section and place the screenshot there.
- This is not an "lol you dont agree i trol u" forum; expect my responses to yours to be mature and honest.
- I'm in support of using concept art if there are no decent screenshots available and there is much better concept art; of course, this subjective, but I believe it's all we can do until there exist good images, both concept art and screenshots, for every enemy, treasure and ship part. I don't think it would make sense to have a separate 'physical appearance' section as describing the appearance is silly when you've got an image and so it'd only be an image, but that's another debate. GP
- I like the balance idea. some pages with a blurry image with an official artwork of higher quality should be revamped. If the official artwork looks nothing like the actual in game creature then leave the older image in , no matter how blurry they are. also a sense of scale would be nice if possible.MRPANTS 09:53, March 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Although in most cases I would prefer official artwork, but some images gives the enemy a "wild animal in its natural habitat". However, some images are too dark to see any detail. Pikmin1254 15:20, March 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Ummm, what Green said Rpwyb Obeys the cross