Forum:Wikia now has...blogs.
Now, the reason I've created this topic is because I don't like this idea: in my opinion, this, being an encyclopaedia, doesn't need random things that turn it into more and more of a social networking site than a great Pikmin resource. Wikia has given wikis the choice to opt out of this: we just need to add the wiki to the list. I'm asking for people to give their opinions, and basically vote on whether we should opt out of this. Just sign your name where you stand. GP
Opt out: no blogs
Don't opt out: keep blogs
- I think this is actually a good idea, and you can't really have a go at it for being unencylopediac (cannot spell that word) when every talk page on this wiki is littered with people talking about random crap, also your writing this message from a forum, which in essence is about as encyclopediac (still can't spell it) as a blog.
- Well yeah, that's my point: to add blogs is unnecessary when we already have all that. If someone wants to write about something personal, userpages (or even userpage subpages) are for that; as for stuff more relating to the wiki, there's the forums, talk pages - and it's not like we need it to convey news; we deleted the current events article a while back because it was so dead.
- And the chat room is for instant chat, which is completely different; and these forums, at least the help desk and Pikipedia watercooler, are about the wiki, whereas blogs would be about Pikmin, or just people, I'm assuming. GP
- Excuse me, but what exactly is a blog?
- A blog is a place where ppl post about stuff... we could make a news blog run by a special few who can right without this: PIKMANZ 3 iiz commn to wie i wantz blak poikmanz adn pokemanz tat r emenys. If we do a news blog I nominate Prez and Green. I'm ~LonelyTurret~ And I approve this message.