Welcome! We're really glad you decided to help out on Pikipedia. You can start right away: if you see any little thing that could be improved, work on it! We appreciate any kind of constructive edit, from a humble typo fix to an entirely new page.
How to edit
Information you should know to edit on Pikipedia.
If you're new to wikis, we have some pages that will help you understand how everything works.
- On Pikipedia:
- On Wikipedia:
If you're comfortable with editing wikis, we ask you to please read Pikipedia's policies and guidelines, so that all articles can be consistent and high quality.
If you have any question, beginner or advanced, there are a few easy ways to get answers:
- Ask on the live chatroom. Please wait a few minutes for someone to reply!
- Ask on the help desk.
- For more general help, go here.
What to do
There are two main ways to help Pikipedia. You can either read articles, and contribute with improvements (rewording a sentence, adding an image, performing a tagged task, suggesting an idea on the talk page, etc.), or you can pick something from the list of tasks and start working on it:
- Add more Pikmin info
- Contribute without Pikmin knowledge
- Read articles and help them out
- Tag articles and sections that need help with the corresponding templates.
- Compare existing articles with our policies and guidelines, and if something is wrong (like a game name that's not italicized), fix it!
- Find articles and files that are not under the categories they should be in, and categorize them. Remember to use the deepest category possible!
- Current projects – list of big projects that are happening right now. Pick one you like, and help out!
- Go through the images and...