red or green?
It may be because I have the PAL version but why is the leaf green? In my version it's red, if so, should we note the difference... User:Joshazilla23
- Oh wow, I never even noticed that. Pretty sure it's red in my version too (PAL), though it's been a while since I saw it. NTSC people, is it green in your version? If not, image fails. GP
What??? It's red in your version? Mine's always green! This is a neat discovery. In my opinion I think that a red leaf would look out of place for the area. You don't see any red leaves in perplexing pool (the overworld where the shower room is located) it seems that you'd find a red leaf somewhere like Wistful Wild. Portal-Kombat
Pehaps a gust of wind blew the leaf from the wistful wild to the peplexing pool, the in 'fell' into the shower room, that or there may of been a japenese tree in the shower room many years ago, and thats all that is left. User:joshazilla23
Well I looked it up on an image search and there are both green and red japanese maple trees alike, so it could merely be a little extra thing that either the NTSC or the PAL people put in one way or another. In any case, I'd like to see what the red leaf looks like. Portal-Kombat
So, the cake is not a lie. Portal-Kombat
Comment by ShadowRaptor101 on 18th May 2014
It's a marijuana leaf guys. You can't blatantly see the differentiations from a Japanese Maple leaf? Idk why yall are so scared of admiting it. You seem to be forgetting that this is Nintendo, the same company who make characters like a transgendered ghost in an RPG game and a cross-dressing pink dinosuar in an old NES game. I don't know why yall are so desperate the censor the fact that it's clearly a marijuana leaf. You might as well also state on every other treasure that "it's never expliciblty stated that [TREASURE] is actually a [OBJECT], but it resembles one."
Honestly people, it's just a plant. Stop trying to censor it. It's not like small children are going to find this article and then be inspired to 420BLAZEIT every day for the rest of their lives. - ShadowRaptor101 (talk • contribs)
- It honestly does look a little more like a marijuana leaf than a maple leaf, but I'm just saying that it could very well be either/or. The leave design resembles marijuana, but it is not spiky enough to be one. I don't think that there is anything wrong with stating that there could be either of the two. - AeroBlaze777 (talk • contribs)
- Then why are you trying to censor it -__- honestly if we're going to say "It KINDDA looks like a marijuana leaf, but it never SAYS it's one..." then we also should change the other 190 treasures that qualify for that same statement to be said about them. It'd be 1000x easier to just accept that it's a marijuana leaf, which the original Japanese text practically confirms. I am pretty sure Nintendo wasn't trying to make it look exactly like an actual Marijuana leaf, since they were busy trying to just fill the game with as much content as possible, and the American localization team just wanted to avoid any complaints parents might've made about their children collecting a leaf from a hallucinagenic plant that they probably had no knowlege about at the time.
- Also, it's found on the ONE floor in a hostile cave that is completely serene and beautiful. You're gonna tell me that's not symbolism enough for you? XD - ShadowRaptor101 (talk • contribs)
- I wasn't trying to censor it. I re-worded my phrase a little better, so hopefully you get what I was going at now. - AeroBlaze777 (talk • contribs)
- I will end this right now, it depends on what version of the game you have. In Japan, its a weed leaf. In US, its a green japanese maple leaf. In UK, it's a red Japanese maple leaf. End of discussion. - Jpmrocks7 (talk • contribs)