This article or section is a stub. You can help Pikipedia by
Miiverse is an application on both the Wii U and the 3DS. It allows users to share messages and in-game screenshots with other users. Currently, Pikmin has two communities present: Pikmin 3, which is for discussion of the game and the Pikmin Short Movies, and the Pikmin 3 Developer Room, where Nintendo developers, specifically Shigeru Miyamoto, discuss updates to both Pikmin 3 and other important events in the Pikmin franchise.
For Pikmin 3, the game only received Miiverse compatibility on the 1.1.0 update.
On November 7th, 2014, Miyamoto announced a Pikmin art contest for Art Academy: Sketchpad. The theme for the drawing challenge was titled "Pikmin Spotted!", and users were tasked with drawing Pikmin in different situations. Requirements for entries were as follows:
- Pictures must be drawn using Art Academy: SketchPad, which is available for purchase on Nintendo eShop.
- Pictures must feature characters appearing in the Pikmin series.
- Entries are limited to one original work per person.
Entries were submitted as comments on Miyamoto's posted in the Art Academy: SketchPad community on Miiverse. The challenge ended on December 1st, 2014. On December 16th, the winners were announced. The user under the name くらげ? (lit.: "Jellyfish") won first place, with a drawing of Olimar and Louie being followed by some Pikmin. The Pikmin are carrying an orange behind a windowsill, and Louie is startled by a common house cat.
- Miyamoto's Miiverse post announcing the art contest on Miiverse, published on July 11th, 2014
- Miiverse post announcing the winner and runner-ups on Miiverse, published on December 12th, 2014