Stabbing is a non-elemental hazard in the Pikmin series. Most Pikmin have soft bodies, making them vulnerable to the dangers of being stabbed, and afterwards, most likely killed. Rock Pikmin can withstand stab attacks, since their rocky bodies simply bounce away after an attempted stabbing.
Stabbing in and of itself is not lethal most of the time, and is not possible against Rock Pikmin, but a Pikmin that gets stabbed is usually going to get eaten afterwards. If the enemy that did the stabbing gets killed before the Pikmin is eaten, the Pikmin will be safely dropped on the floor with no lasting effects. Only a few enemies are capable of stabbing Pikmin, and although things like a predator's jaws practically stab their prey when chomped, that is not distinguished as a stabbing attack in the series, and Rock Pikmin are not immune to being eaten. In Hey! Pikmin, stabbing attacks have simpler mechanics, and stabbed Pikmin simply die on the spot right away instead, after a short animation.
Leaders take damage from stabbing attacks like any standard attack.
Ways to get stabbedEdit
The following article or section is in need of assistance from someone who plays Pikmin 4.
- Joustmite and Flighty Joustmite – these enemies stick their proboscis out to stab Pikmin with.
- Plasm Wraith – the Plasm Wraith's normal attack involves a series of stabbing movements.
- Porquillion – this boss attacks by firing its stabbing Pikmin with the spikes on its body.
- Pricklepuff – this enemy attacks by stabbing Pikmin with it's retractable spikes on its face.
- Shearflea – the Shearflea's attack is similar to the Joustmite, but it only grabs one Pikmin and they always come in packs.
- Speargrub – if non-Rock Pikmin get thrown at the creature, its spikes will kill them.
As a close relative of the Joustmite, Cloaking Burrow-nits also stab Pikmin in order to grab and eat them. However, they only appear in Pikmin 2, which does not mechanically classify attacks as having a "stab" property.
- Main article: Rock Pikmin.
The rough exterior of Rock Pikmin gives them the ability to survive being stabbed. Despite their bodies not getting pierced through, they are still knocked away, which can be an annoyance, or in extreme cases, lead to the Pikmin falling into a pit.
This article or section is in need of more images.