This page lists Pikipedia's policy towards polls: what the community needs to do in order to submit, approve, and use polls.
Every poll has to go through this process.
- A user that has an idea for a poll writes a discussion section for it on the ideas page, following the guide there.
- Other users can then add support votes, opposition votes, or comments about the poll, including what parts they think should be changed.
- For a month after the poll is created, it is forced to stay in this stage.
- After a month, its fate can be decided.
- If it has at least one more supporter than opposers, it becomes accepted, and its discussion section moves on to the list of future polls. The nominator's vote isn't counted for this.
- If there are more opposers than supporters, the poll is rejected, and the discussion section is archived in the rejected nomination list. Again, the nominator's vote isn't counted for this.
- If the community is still trying to craft it, or it hasn't received a single vote either way, then it will remain there, and will be re-checked at the end of every month.
- If a poll has been accepted and is sitting on the list of future polls, it will be eventually picked and added to the front page.
- The picking process is done by the editor in charge of updating the front page, but it's normally under a first-come-first-serve basis.
- After staying on the front page, it is left open on Crowdsignal (formerly PollDaddy), but is archived under the wiki, in the past poll list.
What makes a good poll?
A poll doesn't need much in order to be suggested as an idea. But an ideal poll is one that:
- Fans of the series want to answer.
- Can provide some interesting stats after the votes are tallied.
- Doesn't have any "maybe" or "depends" answers, since those are almost always what people vote for.
- Only has a few available options.
|Pikipedia policies and guidelines|
|Content||General • Canon • Guide • Japanese • Spoiler • New game|
|Other policies||Deletion • Featured article • File • Poll • Privacy • Talk page • Verifiability|
|Content||General • Object list|
|Specific article types||Areas • Caves • Collectibles • Enemies • Games • Pikmin types • Others|
|Templates||General • Navigation box|