Pikipedia:Featured image nominations
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Pikipedia has a featured image system, where selected high-quality images are shown on the Main Page, similar to featured articles. The image shown changes automatically each day, based on the list of images in Template:Featured image.
Anyone can nominate an image to be added to the featured image list. To do this, edit this page and add a link to the image you'd like to nominate, providing a short reason why you think it's high-quality if you'd like to. A staff member can then add the image to the template if they agree that it's high-quality. Images can be removed from the featured image list in the same way. Copying and pasting this skeleton may help:
[[File:<file name and extension>|thumb|<caption>]] * <your signature and reason for nominating (optional)>
Nominate images here
- - Drought Ender, idk I think it looks pretty.
- I agree, and although I think it could be slightly better, it's still absolutely good enough to be featured. I'll add it to the template when the first rotation is done and all the issues in the template have been fixed, which will be in a few months (sorry for the wait). — Soprano(talk) 23:04, August 18, 2022 (EDT)
- This image was recently featured, and I propose that we remove it from the featured image list, due to it being too wide to be seen clearly in the context featured images appear in. There's a limit to how large we can make images without them causing width issues on the Main Page on desktop, and at a good maximum width of 400px, the details in this image are too small to see. On mobile devices, this problem also exists. For that reason, I think we should un-feature this image and replace it with the one nominated above. — Soprano(talk) 21:40, December 2, 2022 (EST)
- These are some of the pictures from Template talk:Featured image. I think these three are all good enough to feature. ~ Cheepy (talk)
- In my opinion, these images just aren't quite good enough... The Courage Reactor one has clearly been stretched from a 3:4 aspect ratio to 16:9, so its quality isn't good. The Short Movies one isn't at a high-enough resolution. The S.S. Drake one is alright, but the framing and lighting isn't great, and surely there's a better image of it we could feature? — Soprano(talk) 19:26, December 10, 2022 (EST)
- It might be a good idea to add some Pikmin 4 prerelease images to the featured image list. These 3 are the best ones so far. If they were added, it would have to be indicated in the description that they're prerelease images (except for the key art). What do people think? — Soprano(talk) 22:32, February 23, 2023 (EST)
|Content||General • Canon • Guide • Japanese • Spoiler • New game • Truth • Verifiability|
|Other policies||Deletion • File • Minor policies • Privacy • Staff • Talk page • What Pikipedia is|
|Main page||Featured article • Featured image • Poll|
|Policies • Guidelines • Procedures • Help|