It was once said that rumours of Olimar's appearance in Brawl should not be posted until confirmed. Should it continue that way?--Prezintenden
- I think so, seeing as there is no evidence at all for Olimar being in Brawl. Information on trophies seen (Red Bulborb, Watery Blowhog) should be on the appropriate pages, though, as they are pretty much confirmed. GP
- When I saw the edit on the Olimar article, I thought for sure someone was pulling our legs, but no! I must say I'm a bit surprised; I'd never have thought they'd be able to come up with any moves for him. Having to pluck Pikmin just to perform a smash attack? Sounds like a complicated character. Perhaps I should hold off on revising treasure pages until more people get to see the news...
Your layout made the Spoiler notice go through the picture. I don't know how to cut that off, so I'll undo it for now. What do you disagree about with the current layout?--Prezintenden
- The Behind the Scenes section of writing looks really strange, and it goes really thin. Also, two pictures are close together at the bottom of the article, so I did move the middle one up a bit, as it's not tied to any particular section. GP
I thought Olimar was shorter than that picture shows.
- The image has no scale, so no notion of absolute size can be inferred. GP 10:30, 19 April 2008 (UTC)
Not from that picture, anyways. The instruction manual says Olimar is about the height of a quarter, "and Pikmin are smaller still." ferailo9 00:17, 2 July 2008 (UTC)
Hocotate- *Thump, Thump* Omg! it's a bulborb! where all gana die!
*police sirens, upmost chaos* Human- pit pat pit pat... awwwwww! it's a little bulbo... AW! it bit me! *Squish!* And thats the size comparason. Nin10dude
?... What? wtf happened to my post?! I demand awnsers!!! NIN10dude
Olimar: OMG!...ON A STICK!
Prez: blah blah blah blah blah.
- Drops bottle cap*
Louie: What the f**k is that?
- Ship plays Japanese music*
???: bottle cap.
- Ship continues*
The size of pikmin
olimar is one line bigger, and bulborbs are the 10x bigger creatures. empress is a worm, emperor is a rock. I'm RedpikminFlamethrower And I approve this message.
Empress be'eth no worm. It's a normal bulborb with a an externaly large abdemon witch serves as a eggsack. Emporor only looketh like yonder rock. tis camoflage technique, makes it a better ambush preditor. it'sa PK king
Wow this article is really good! could be expanded a little bit, but its awesome! User:RymanGaming
Hey, does this page tell about how Olimar was a mechanic before he became a pilot, or not? I might have missed it... Dragonsandpikminrock 14:28, 22 August 2009 (UTC)
It's in one of the "journal" entries in Pikmin 1. Day 14: "Gradually, my repairs to the Dolphin continue. This ship is like a part of me. One could even say that it is tied to my very essence. Yes, it was a long - one might say epic - journey, going from mere repairman to captain of my own ship... but now I'm rambling." Also, as a note of interest, Hocotanians are apparently born from the stars. Day 11: "My people were borne out of the sea of stars to come down to Hocotate, and when we complete out lives, we return to the great ocean of stars. But since these Pikmin come from the depths of the soil, surely, to the soil they shall return. How very poetic-while it is all alien to me, the basic premise is universally beautiful." Dragonsandpikminrock 13:41, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
- Born from the stars, seems more like a metaphor, than a fact. I'm ~LonelyTurret~ And I approve this message.
Yes, a metaphor.
pikmin kind of do go back into the soil, when a flower pikmin dies, the next day a pikmin sprout of that color appers the next day. That also goes with the section of the Ai No Uta lyrics:Left alone again, we'll meet again and be thrown around again. -random creepy guy
- Same here, but don't delete the image, just find somewhere to implement it. And do we really need the video of Olimar's scene from SSBB?--FREAK ~GameFreak~ OUT!
There is only weak evidence that olimar's mother is deceased. Just because he misses her, doesn't mean she's dead.Redradish 12:51, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
- What exactly does it say? It may give us a hint.
Read the discription of the Priceless Statue.
- Hmmmm, tough one. He may miss her because he hasn't seen her in a while, but I think the "sometimes" confirms she is dead. Maybe we could say it's hinted that she is deceased in the article.
the discription says "I miss her... sometimes." which implies that he may not have liked her as much as most people like thair mothers. If it were to corfirm that his mother was desceaced, it would probably say "sometimes I miss her." Furthermore, his notes on the worthless statue implies that he did not think very well of his father, so maybe he just did not like his parents for reasons unknown. -random creepy guy
actually, unless he has his spacesuit on, Olimar is shoter than the pikmin. Olimar is 2 cm, and the pikmin are exactly 1 inch. If you want a source, go to pikmin.com -random creepy guy
- In the Pikmin manual (there's a link to a downloadable version on the article), it says, 'Olimar is about the height of a quarter, and Pikmin are smaller still'. The image below this, though, clearly shows Olimar as being shorter than the Pikmin; only his suit antenna makes him seem taller in-game. GP
- Thats why I said 'unless he has his spacesuit on." -random creepy guy
Comment by CraftedPbody on 11th March 2014
I know why olimar's weight varies in the games! In pikmin 1 he weighs his normal weight. In pikmin 2 he's lighter because he hasn't eaten much in the first game so he lost weight. In pikmin 3 he gained the weight back because after pikmin 2 he was able to eat again... It's something right? right? - CraftedPbody (talk • contribs)
- makes sense,but in pikmin 1,Olimar was living off noodles,and noodles have lots of carbs - PikminPerson (talk • contribs)
The article says that he has three short hairs, but the better graphic capabilities of Pikmin 3 show that they are actually like "clusters" of hair. The information should probably be changed. Kirbyddd (talk) 00:10, 2 March 2015 (EST)