Forum:New admin (again)
With Prez and CL absent, there's only really me and Snakeboss. So, considering I'm in a different timezone than most of you (and vandals), we need a new admin. The main qualities needed in an admin are:
- familiarity with the technicalities of editing (see Help:Editing) and the policies of Pikipedia.
- ability to act without bias, on the behalf of the community as a whole.
- activity, now and in the past, so there's a reasonable chance you'll continue to be active.
and probably other stuff. This will work exactly as before: nominate yourself or another user (in which case they'll have to accept), and give a few reasons why you/they would make a good sysop.
I nominate myself. I am very familiar with the tools, being an administrator and bureaucrat over at the Kirby Wikia and an administrator at the Pikmin Fanon Wiki. I also am a patroller over at Mario Wiki. I have been here for over a year, and even though I may have been a bit rash at times, I believe I will make a good admin. --Gamefreak75
- I nominate GameFreak75. And just so you know, I have no intention of running- yet.Pikdude 07:23, 27 September 2010 (EDT)
I nominate myself. I check the recent changes most every day and monitor current discussions,as well as check out suspicious IP edits. I can help with articles in the To be deleted category and can be trusted with the additional powers of an admin. I am familiar with mediawiki editing as well as html and image editing. I try to see both sides in discussions and arguments, and I have recently become an admin on Pikcanon-NOT. Vote for me- Vol (Talk)
I nominate myself. Because I can. Yeah... Miles 17:53, 27 September 2010 (EDT)
- I nominate myself, because I have been with this wiki for a long time, am relatively mature and calm, and have a fair knowledge of mediawiki. I think I am very articulate and cordial. IAMAHIPO_ocolor 18:07, 27 September 2010 (EDT)
I nominate myself. I check the recent changes list for both Pikipedia and Pikcanon-NOT very frequently, I'm almost always on it. While on it I check every edit made since I've last seen the list, excluding trusted editors like Green, Vol, etc. I'm also the head admin on Pikcanon-NOT, and in addition I run our inter-wiki forums. I've been a member on Pikipedia for a year now, and admittedly haven't done a whole lot. However I've taken the time to learn Mediawiki code, proper admin etiquette, and many other things from Green and Prez. And if it helps any I'm the student-body vice-president at my school, so I'm good with problem solving and leadership skills. --Sir Pikmin
I would like to nominate myself. I do not mean to be concieted, but I doubt anyone here will nominate anyone but themselves. (Please prove me wrong) I HATE it when people are biased, so I will do my best to not be opinianated but factual. I would like to be an administrator, not only for the respect, but to be an example. I've seen how Green and CL worked to improve Pikipeidia, and I would like to do the same. I have been here for at least a year, if not two, and I have seen the unforgivable and forgivable vandal edits. I watch the recent changes list for suspicous edits (Ex: Those that lack a summary.) with constant vigilence. However, I will admit that I am not an expert at coding. Contrastingly, I notice errors in grammer quickly, and I know how to make corrections to improve clarity. In addition, I am a grade ahead in math and science in high school, with logic and reasoning and memory being my two strongest mental skills. All in all, I want to improve this wiki, and help lead and control the inevitable chaos that will follow the release of Pikmin 3. Ridly Roar! 21:38, 27 September 2010 (EDT)
I am going to nominate Sir Pikmin. He is the best person for the job, and I will vote for him when the time comes. I mean, look how much he helped us improve Pikmin Fanon. Without him, my jumping ahead to conclusions would go unchanged. I don't think I am the person for the job. I am too busy with school and Pikmin Fanon. I am even going to write a book. I might put it on Pikmin Fanon. If I'm allowed to. -Peanut64 (Talk)
Wait were we supposed to vote in the nominations area?Pikdude 17:35, 27 September 2010 (EDT)
Based on his performance in chat, let's not vote for Hippo. Please. Pikdude 18:10, 27 September 2010 (EDT)
- ... No need to spread libel. We were simply having a discussion about religion, and I am sorry if my atheism offended you... IAMAHIPO_ocolor 16:40, 29 September 2010 (EDT)
Yeah, you shouldn't not vote for someone just because of their activity in chat. It doesn't mean that their not actually a person that can be responsible. I've seen Hippo do good in the recent changes at the old Pikipedia, and he is a strong candidate for the new admin.
SirPikmin,Your Bold Pikmin Knight!Contributions
Wait... If Miles and Hippo aren't admins, why are their user pages protected???
- They have also implemented a new feature here which allows you to check if a user is a sockpuppet oor not, instead of going to wikia staff and asking them to check user for you. --Gamefreak75
- Well, all I can say is I think that all those running should post reasons why they should be an admin in a separate forum or something. Sometime when I have a few extra minutes I'd read those.Pikdude 15:54, 28 September 2010 (EDT)
- Exactly, Ridly. I want to vote, but I also want to know what my vote's going to do.Pikdude 19:10, 28 September 2010 (EDT)
- Put someone in power. We need someone who will enforce rules fairly, and right now I only trust myself to do that. We need someone who thinks about the group as a whole and will act on that groups decision, whether the admin thinks that is right or wrong. Ridly Screech! 20:25, 28 September 2010 (EDT)
- Well, I would vote for GP in that case, Ridly, but....Pikdude 07:12, 29 September 2010 (EDT)
- I was referring to other things, such as the implied- never mind.Pikdude 16:44, 29 September 2010 (EDT)
When do the nominations close?
if you have absolutely nobody else choose me, the only guy mysterious enough to try to put a bloody rose in his sig. --Death
Just a heads-up: This will likely be closed tomorrow or shortly thereafter. I'm assuming statistics are either messed-u onexistent, so we'll have to vote purely based on past experiences. Feel free to prepare any sort of speech if you wish.--Prezintenden
- Yeah, nominations have slowed down. I think (most) contributions are preserved, but editcount is broken, yeah. I'll give links for the old wiki too. Also, the idea was for the nomination to be the place for any sort of speech-ish thing, but if anyone wants to add anything, go on. GP
- Please speeches. When I vote I like to have a reason to do so, not just for the heck of it. Which is probably what happened for our current president.Pikdude 07:13, 4 October 2010 (EDT)
So we still have to wait for the speeches to be ready to vote, I suppose...
- Ridly, it's impossible not to be biased. You will be biased no matter what you do, it's just a question of you noticing it and self-controlling it. All in all, I think you'd make a fine admin, I just wanted to point that out. And you may find that many people here have terrible grammar, at least, when there's actually other people here.Pikdude 18:02, 5 October 2010 (EDT)
- Thank you. That was suprisingly deep. And yes, I will be slightly, biased, but in terms of thinking I tend to follow the path of Spock and use logic. So yes, Im biased for logic. Its peoples different perceptions of logic that causes biasism, (SP?) and I would like to, not prevent biasism, but to find a solution that will make evryone happy. Ridly Screech! 18:27, 5 October 2010 (EDT)
- I have my moments. And remember, a good compromise leaves everybody mad. Or so I've heard. Thanks you, Calvin and Hobbes.Pikdude 22:13, 5 October 2010 (EDT)
- Or Rosalyn. *Shudder* That is one effective babysitter, though.Pikdude 18:09, 6 October 2010 (EDT)
- It always amazes me at how long forums can get in so short a time. Vol (Talk) 18:38, 6 October 2010 (EDT)
- It's because some of us are idiots and ask stupid questions.Pikdude 07:29, 7 October 2010 (EDT)
- For instance, what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?Pikdude 18:02, 7 October 2010 (EDT)
- I don't know that! Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh!Pikdude 19:28, 8 October 2010 (EDT)
- I think it's spelled as bias. And please don't tell me this is a Monty Python (and the Holy Grail) reference. Turtwig A 20:10, 8 October 2010 (EDT)
- We were spelling bias right... And Monty Python is a great movie!Pikdude 13:18, 9 October 2010 (EDT)
- Sorry then. I thought the (SP?) put after biasism up there meant spelling. Turtwig A 17:33, 9 October 2010 (EDT)
- What did the SP mean? And State won. Darn.Pikdude 20:12, 9 October 2010 (EDT)
- I think Miles's reason is the best. Joking. I don't know, I'll go over them later today.Pikdude 13:27, 10 October 2010 (EDT)
- Hey, it's better than "I don't trust any of you". Miles 14:56, 10 October 2010 (EDT)
- "Remember, a vote for Bob is a vote for Bob." That kind of thing? Well, this world is full of idiots.Pikdude 18:28, 11 October 2010 (EDT)
- When is voting day, anyways? I want it to be soon. I still don't know who to vote for, but I have a bit of feedback here first. Ridly: I never add a summary. Takes too long. And am I included in the list of to be watched users?Pikdude 20:13, 12 October 2010 (EDT)
- Well, if what you want is a political platform, here it is: My goal is to instill order and fairness in a manner than pleases all users and members. I also want to help patrol the Wiki from vandals. Finally, since pandemonium and redlinks are to be expected when Pikmin 3 is released, I would like to help Spearhead the project alongside Green and Snakeboss.
Yeah, I was going to start voting, then people started talking about speeches so I left it a few days, then I got a bad cold and didn't feel like spending much time online. I'll do it after dinner. GP