- Yes; they were confirmed and officially introduced by Satoru Iwata himself on the Nintendo Direct of 4-17-13. ~
During the segment of the 4.17.2013 Nintendo Direct with the Wollywog and Winged Pikmin, it seemed that the Wollywog wasn't able to crush them, but simply knocked them onto the ground, as no spirit was shown and the Pikmin were just laying around the Wollywog. Did anyone else notice this/think this is noteworthy? --FREAK ~Game Freak~OUT!
It might be worth adding on to the trivia, but you might want to wait. It's possible that that was just a programming glitch, since there is no real way to explain that happening, though it might be possible, considering this is a video game. I'd say, add it on to trivia and include the fact that it might be a programming glitch. -Los Plagas (talk)
- I noticed this as well. In response to what Los Plagas said, perhaps that may be so. Yet, I was thinking it has to do with their flying capabilities; it may make them harder to squish. ...Of course, this is mere speculation, so we won't know for sure until Pikmin 3 is released.
- Another thing: the Wollywog seemed to inflate when it leapt into the air, and it's possible its inflation could have something to do with the Pikmin not being squished. ~
- Yeah, I watched the video closely, and you're right. PikFan, though (I think) this is the first time we've seen Pikmin 3 Wollywogs, I doubt they'd make it so they don't kill Pikmin any more. Anyway, everything we see is obviously subject to change, and we only see it happen once, but maybe it is worth noting - wording it carefully, of course.
- While watching the video again I also noticed that the cursor shows how many Pikmin are under your control. You see the number decrease by 4 when the Wollywog gets them. Just before the scene changes, one of them gets up, and I think it starts moving towards the Wollywog (yay, frame advance). GP 05:20, 25 April 2013 (EDT)
- No, what I meant was that their ability to fly would make it harder for the Wollywog to kill them - the Wollywog still having potential to kill them, of course. I agree with all your points, though. ~
- I didn't find anything that would confirm it, so I removed it for now.--Prezintenden
The saying that the winged pikmin are immune to the abyss is very likely, but all the videos I have seen does not show them being immune to the abyss, so it is just speculation, it is HIGHLY likely, but we have no idea if the abyss is even in Pikmin 3.(correct me if I'm wrong.) Robecuba (talk)
- Yeah, we should probably remove it until we know it's a thing. Doing it now. GP 16:42, 29 June 2013 (EDT)
This article is still under construction and everything is still subject to change. The true name of this pikmin could possibly be Magenta Pikmin. Either way, it will remain up until we get word of this not being a true new Pikmin type.
Also, how are people so blind as they did not see the 2 flying "Pinkmin" at the very beggining the the E3 presentation? Were they just sooo hypnotized by the Pikmin 3 Logo? :P ShadowRaptor101 15:45, June 7, 2012 (UTC)
Is the pink Pikmin really confirmed by Nintendo - and if they are, could someone link the source? They are only shown in the video, but not as "play-able" Pikmins. If the video is the only proof, we could say that black, green and 100 other Pikmins will be play-able because of the end of Pikmin 1. Pikmins 10:26, June 10, 2012 (UTC)
They have yet to be officially confirmed. And no, the onion logic makes absolutely no sense. If anything, it HELPS the Pink Pikmin evidence-wise because there is a Pink onion visable in that scene. And the rep clearly stated more Pikmin will be shown as time goes on, which could potentially make your claim entirely contradicting to your own statement.
But that is besides the point. This article needs to stay up for 2 reasons:
1. If speculation was not allowed at all on this wiki, then the section speculating the true appearance of Bulbmin on the Bulbmin article should've been deleted long ago. These Pikmin have just as much evidence of their existance as that, if not, more.
2. People need to see that there will be new Pikmin types confirmed as the time goes on. People are already starting to hate on the game because Rock Pikmin were the only new Pikmin shown at E3. Appearently, some people lack the ability to imagine, or even think, that perhaps, there will be more the game than what was shown at E3. Some people are idiots, I know, but it's because of people like that, that this article and the information it provides needs to stay up until futher notice. ShadowRaptor101 20:44, June 11, 2012 (UTC)
Btw, thanks for the heads-up on the Pink Onions, decided to add that. BTW just so yall knopw, I'm gonna be on vacation until the 24th, so see yall then! ShadowRaptor101 08:00, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
...Okay, I've noticed users at the current Pikipedia adding unwanted Pink Pikmin content. I'm guessing they're copying content from here and creating it over there. A word please, to those users: Please stop adding that content to our wiki! We do not want that content, as we have absolutely no confirmation whatsoever they are actually Pikmin! If you will stop, then thanks. 18.104.22.168 08:32, July 15, 2012 (UTC)
It's probably gonna just be called "Pink Pikmin". I don't think they would would call them "magenta pikmin".
There's a picture of pink pikmin sprouts in actual gameplay on an image in the actual page about these pikmin, so I believe that means they're confirmed.Mariya Ranevskaya (talk) 05:12, December 14, 2012 (UTC)
OK. I think I know what these Pikmin will be like. Their abilities could be that they could fly the captins to hard-to-reach places. Maybe they could also have the x-ray vision that the white pikmin have (You could slightly see the compound eyes on them). Thats my prediction for the abilities they may have...Chippy2000 (talk) 20:01, December 30, 2012 (UTC)
They are actually Magenta, please change.
Possible use of pink pikmin?
after looking at the concept art of the pink pikmin, i dont think that they will acutally be able to fly around indefinitley, but rather they use the wings to glide. after all, the yellow pikmin can be thrown higher than other pikmin, so i think that the pink pikmin use their wings to be thrown farther, so they can, for example, build a bridge from across a gap. 22.214.171.124 23:28, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
That's what I was thinking, too. But some things do point towards a whole flying mechanic. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by concept art... Was there some concept art of Pink Pikmin that I wasn't aware of? Ymmot392 (talk) 23:55, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
I think he ment That Cartoon picture From The Nintendo Magizine where it only showed the "Pink" pikmins Back..... But anyways If your theory happens to be true that the pikmin can only glide, I wonder how it will work in combat if it just haves a longer range and just simply flies towards the enemy and latches on to it or once it targets(maybe their compound eyes works as an radar for them searching for treasures or auto attacks on their without following the leader) an enemy it fles above it and dives in to attack and fly around the target when resting for attack or simply hovesr .... but it does make me wonder how they will attack land enemies.... maybe the pikmin will attack on the ground or above.... and flying maybe only for aerial combat i dont know im just so curious! WhiteAndPurple (talk) 08:24, January 17, 2013 (UTC)WhiteAndPurple
I have 2 theories about the Winged pikmin (I think they should just be called Pink pikmin). The first is that mabey the pink pikmin can hold larger objects up to make a bridge, however you cant have to many pikmin cross or they'll drop it. the second is that there onion looks as if it might be lodged into the ground, it would add an interesting mechanic to the game if you only had the pink pikmin in certain levels, it would also be ironic, since they can fly, but there onion might not. I also hope that the Pink pikmin aren't over powered like purples (They could make the game way to easy once you get them), especially with there onion. Lukisforgets (talk) 23:07, April 25, 2013 (UTC)
Hello, Satoru Iwata called them "Wing Pikmin" in the last Nintendo Direct.
So... Could you, administrator, rename the article and update the header info?
Winged + Normal Pikmin Combination
So, when carrying an object, Winged Pikmin carry it on the top rather than the bottom. There are two pieces of Trivia notifying how this happens with varying amounts, but I realize now that it may be deeper than previously though. I have noticed the following things, and I'm wondering if there may be a better way to word them into Trivia:
- When 6 Normal and 6 Winged Pikmin were carrying a Dwarf Red Bulborb, it wasn't moving at all, until the player called back the Winged Pikmin
- When 2 Normal and 4 Winged Pikmin were carrying a Dwarf Red Bulborb, it was moving through the air, but the 2 Normal Pikmin fell off over time
- However, in other cases, the Normal Pikmin have been seen to hold on...
Has anyone noticed something I missed or stated incorrectly, or is this all true? Also, if you guys haven't seen, there's finally footage of Purple Pikmin up on Youtube. PokeminMaster, Master of Pokémon and Pikmin (Talk to me Here) 15:42, June 21, 2013 (UTC)
Comment by Silvery2 on 22nd January 2014
- Pink is the cutest.