7 day run
The 7 day run is a challenge run of Pikmin 3 that involves progressing through the game's major objectives as quickly as possible to reach the end of the game in just 7 in-game days. Collecting all 66 fruits is not possible in this time, as at least 3 more days are required to 100% the game (see 10 day run). Fruit is only necessary to collect for survival purposes and it's possible to finish the game having only collected a single fruit (the Crimson Banquet). However, any combination of fruits is allowed and up to the player. This run can be done in conjunction with a zero death run, 42 Pikmin run, or both.
Day 1: Distant Tundra/Tropical Wilds
- Complete Charlie's section in the Distant Tundra.
- Discover and grow Red Pikmin with Alph.
- Reach the end of the cave to automatically end the day.
Day 2: Garden of Hope
- Discover and grow Rock Pikmin.
- Reunite with Brittany.
- Defeat the Armored Mawdad.
- Collect the Data Glutton.
Day 3: Distant Tundra
- Discover and grow Yellow Pikmin.
- Build the bridge to reunite with Brittany.
- Defeat the Vehemoth Phosbat to rescue Charlie.
Day 4: Tropical Wilds
- Defeat the Sandbelching Meerslug.
- Collect the Folded Data Glutton.
- Collect the Crimson Banquet.
Day 5: Twilight River
- Discover and grow Winged Pikmin.
- Defeat the Scornet Maestro.
- Collect Louie.
Day 6: Garden of Hope
- Discover and grow Blue Pikmin.
- Defeat the Quaggled Mireclops.
- Recover Louie.
Day 7: Formidable Oak
- Encounter the Mysterious Life-Form.
- Carry Olimar through the cave.
- Defeat the Plasm Wraith.
While this run can be completed using intended strategies, doing so is very difficult. Sequence breaks can make certain parts of this challenge much faster. Examples include:
- Skipping building the bridge in the Distant Tundra by climbing out of bounds and pushing down the iron ball, or alternatively going straight to the boss via the back entrance.
- Clipping underneath a stationary lily pad in the Twilight River to unlock Winged Pikmin without building the cyan bridge.
- Clipping to the Peckish Aristocrab plateau in the Garden of Hope revisit to skip building the pot-shaped bridge.
- Pushing down the paper bag in the Formidable Oak by using the Dodge Whistle (in the original Pikmin 3) or repeatedly charging (in Pikmin 3 Deluxe).