7 day run
The 7 day run is a challenge run of Pikmin 3 that involves progressing through the game's major objectives as quickly as possible to reach the end of the game in just 7 in-game days. Collecting all 66 fruits is not possible in this time, as at least 3 more days are required to 100% the game (see 10 day run). Fruit is only necessary to collect for survival purposes and it's possible to finish the game having only collected a single fruit (the Crimson Banquet). However, any combination of fruits is allowed and up to the player. This run can be done in conjunction with a zero death run, 42 Pikmin run, or both.
- Complete Charlie's section in the Distant Tundra.
- Discover and grow Red Pikmin with Alph.
- Reach the end of the cave to automatically end the day.
Day 2: Garden of Hope
- Discover and grow Rock Pikmin.
- Reunite with Brittany.
- Defeat the Armored Mawdad.
- Collect the Data Glutton.
Day 3: Distant Tundra
- Discover and grow Yellow Pikmin.
- Build the bridge to reunite with Brittany.
- Defeat the Vehemoth Phosbat to rescue Charlie.
Day 4: Tropical Wilds
Day 5: Twilight River
Day 6: Garden of Hope
Day 7: Formidable Oak
While this run can be completed using intended strategies, doing so is very difficult. Sequence breaks can make certain parts of this challenge much faster. Examples include:
- Skipping building the bridge in the Distant Tundra by climbing out of bounds and pushing down the iron ball, or alternatively going straight to the boss via the back entrance.
- Clipping underneath a stationary lily pad in the Twilight River to unlock Winged Pikmin without building the cyan bridge.
- Clipping to the Peckish Aristocrab plateau in the Garden of Hope revisit to skip building the pot-shaped bridge.
- Pushing down the paper bag in the Formidable Oak by using the Dodge Whistle (in the original Pikmin 3) or repeatedly charging (in Pikmin 3 Deluxe).