|Mission Mode value||
|Mission Mode locations||Thirsty Desert Remix, Forgotten Cove|
|Bingo Battle locations||None|
|Side Stories locations||None|
The Crimson Banquet (ヒトタマデラマンプク?, lit.: "Single Ball Super Fulfiller") is a fruit in Pikmin 3. It is a watermelon. It appears once in Story Mode, in the Tropical Wilds, and is held by the Sandbelching Meerslug, the boss of the area. Upon defeating the boss, it will regurgitate the whole fruit; however, it smashes into many chunks upon hitting the ground. If all 6 pieces of this fruit are carried back to the S.S. Drake, the total amount of juice will equal three full bottles, the highest total any fruit can give. (This amount is limited to one and one-half in Ultra-Spicy mode.)
In Mission Mode, this fruit is slightly more common, and is worth × 1000. In Thirsty Desert Remix, the pieces are clustered together. In Forgotten Cove, the fruit is released from the Baldy Long Legs after it is defeated.
Collecting the fruit
The following article or section contains guides.
- See also: Sandbelching Meerslug strategy.
The Sandbelching Meerslug holds the only Crimson Banquet in the game. After its defeat, it drops the massive fruit, which breaks into 6 smaller pieces. These chunks include:
- 1 small chunk, which takes a single Pikmin to carry and gives 0.1 bottles of juice,
- 2 pieces that take 5 Pikmin to carry and give 0.2 bottles of juice,
- 2 pieces that take 8 Pikmin to carry and give 0.5 bottles of juice,
- and 1 particularly large piece that requires 15 Pikmin to carry and gives 1.5 bottles of juice.
In total, the fruit weighs 42 units, the most of any fruit, though it can be carried with as little as 15 if multiple trips to the arena are used. The fruit will be counted as collected when all pieces have been retrieved.
If the battle with the Meerslug takes up most of the day, you may want to hold off on collecting every piece, as the pieces that you do not carry back will remain in the Meerslug's arena. Whether there is more time left during the day or not, it is still advised to send the Folded Data Glutton ahead, as it is of higher importance than the fruit.
With the many loading zones needed to take the melon back to the Drake, and the many pieces to carry back, it can take a long time to retrieve the Crimson Banquet. As such, try to make sure the route is clear of all obstructions and enemies, destroy the reinforced wall near the landing site, and have as many Pikmin as possible carrying back the fruit.
|Pikmin 3 technical information (?)|
|Juice||3.0 (0.1, 0.2, 0.2, 0.5, 0.5, 1.5)|
|Juice color||(255, 0, 0, 255)|
|Mission Mode points||1000|
- Main article: Crimson Banquet glitch.
There is a rare, but rather harmful glitch that can occur while retrieving the Crimson Banquet. If the pieces are left overnight in the area just before the Sandbelching Meerslug arena, there is a possibility that one of them will not appear on any of the following days, making it impossible to collect all the pieces.
A final report in which the Crimson Banquet was the only fruit necessary to complete the game.
- This is the only fruit that must be collected in parts to have the parts vary in size and weight.
- Although the part that takes 15 Pikmin to carry appears to be more than half the fruit, the weight of that part is less than half of the overall weight.
- The Crimson Banquet is one of two fruits in Pikmin 3 that can produce three cups of juice, the other being the Wayward Moon, another fruit dropped by a boss. Coincidentally, both are part of the melon family.
Names in other languages
Hitotama Dera Manpuku
|Single Ball Super Fulfiller|
|French||Planète striée||Striped planet|
|German||Wässriger Titan||Watery Titan|
|Italian||Sfera saziante||Satiating sphere|
|Spanish (NoE)||Ballena frutal||Fruit whale|
|Astringent Clump • Blonde Impostor • Citrus Lump • Crimson Banquet • Crunchy Deluge • Cupid's Grenade • Dapper Blob • Dawn Pustules • Delectable Bouquet • Disguised Delicacy • Dusk Pustules • Face Wrinkler • Fire-Breathing Feast • Heroine's Tear • Insect Condo • Juicy Gaggle • Lesser Mock Bottom • Mock Bottom • Pocked Airhead • Portable Sunset • Scaly Custard • Searing Acidshock • Seed Hive • Slapstick Crescent • Stellar Extrusion • Sunseed Berry • Tremendous Sniffer • Velvety Dreamdrop • Wayward Moon • Zest Bomb|