Garden of Hope
|Garden of Hope|
|Pikmin discovered||Rock and Blue|
|Requirements||Complete day 1|
|Music||Garden of Hope|
The Garden of Hope (再会の花園?, lit.: "Garden of Reunion") is an area in Pikmin 3. Alph lands here on day 2 in story mode. This area is where Alph finds Brittany and discovers the Rock Pikmin, and later on, the Blue Pikmin. The total amount of juice is 25 cups.
After Alph finds the S.S. Drake on day 1, he must find Brittany, and notices a signal coming from another area. Alph lands to investigate, and after discovering the Rock Pikmin, is able to free Brittany, who was behind a crystal wall. The reunited explorers work together to build a bridge to a hollow tree stump where a new signal is coming from. After a battle with the game's first boss, the Armored Mawdad, the signal is revealed to be coming from a cell phone the Mawdad had ingested. Upon returning it to Drake, the whereabouts of Charlie are revealed and the Distant Tundra is charted.
After recovering Louie from the Twilight River later in the game, Louie will land the S.S. Drake while Alph, Brittany, and Charlie sleep, and runs off with their food and treasures, blowing up an otherwise blocking cinder block. This grants the player access to the second half of the level, where they will discover the Blue Pikmin. This is also where the player will fight the game's fifth boss, the Quaggled Mireclops, which has abducted Louie.
Louie will not do anything if the crew has less than a full bottle at the start of a new day. When he does steal, he takes every bottle, including unfinished ones, and when he's recaptured, any unfinished bottles the Koppaites gathered in the meantime will be combined with any unfinished bottles Louie had, off-screen.
The Garden of Hope appears to be main forest level in Pikmin 3 and looks, in regards to terrain, similar to The Impact Site, The Forest of Hope, and Awakening Wood. It has a lot of grassy floors, dirt, and rocks to walk on. Although the area is quite natural, there are some clearly man-made structures, such as vases, tiles, buckets and bricks.
This large garden has several walls that twist and turn, separating its layout. Besides walls, there are lakes too, further splitting the stage. Despite these separations, the area's large size stops it from having cramped locations. Vertically, there is not much variation, although once Blue Pikmin are found, the lakes provide a rough second level of altitude.
There are a few caves and sub-areas, and two boss arenas. The landing site is roughly in the center of the main area, but the southern half can only be entered after Louie runs away, blowing up a cinder block that used to block off that part of the area.
The main part of the area can be divided into two halves, with the southern half only being accessible after Louie's escape. The landing site is on the the center, but really close to the cinder block covering the second half.
On the following list, all sections of text except for the first two refer to a different sub-area from the main one, meaning that the game performs a transition when going to and from those parts.
- Landing site
The immediate terrain around the landing spot is surrounded with walls, gates and water. To the east, beyond a small river, is the bit of the area where Brittany is found; the general path makes a rough "3" shape with the botanist's room in the middle. To the north of the landing site is a riverside path, and the other side of the river leads to a corridor that, in turn, leads to the Armored Mawdad's arena.
- Southern half
The southern half of the main area is mostly underwater. There is a large portion of shore at the north, connecting to the first half of the area. There is an island fully surrounded by water with a Waddlepus on it, to the southeast; it can be reached with a bridge. To the southwest is another island, equally reachable with a bridge, but it's connected to a bucket that gives access to the Quaggled Mireclops.
Small inlet bits of land exist around the lake, leading to fruits. To the southwest is a small strip of land hugging the nearby island, but the two are separated by a wall.
- Rock Pikmin cave
To the east of Brittany's landing spot is a cave. It is roughly circular, and at the end, the gray Onion can be found.
- Armored Mawdad's path
A long corridor leading up to the arena. It can be entered from the northwest of the main area.
- Armored Mawdad's arena
The arena is inside a large, hollowed-out tree. It only has one entrance and is mostly circular, save for a few crevices.
- Quaggled Mireclops's arena
Unlike other boss arenas in the same style, this one does not have a corridor sub-area. The arena is circular and the terrain is marshy, giving in every time the Mireclops stomps.
- Seesaw block room
To the west is a narrow, linear room with seesaw block puzzles. It can be entered from a path at the northwest of the landing site, past the wall. The camera is pointing sideways here, giving the impression of 2D gameplay.
- Bug-Eyed Crawmad cave
This cave is split into two rooms, separated by a paper bag. The northwestern room has two dips with ramps leading out, and is entered through a plain corridor on the northwestern part of the main area. The other room has a small curved river running through the middle and is accessed using an entrance to the north of Brittany's crash site.
The following article or section is in need of assistance from someone who plays Pikmin 3.
- Yellow Wollywog × 2
- Yellow Spectralid × 3 (one unreachable)
- White Spectralid × 4 (one unreachable)
- Red Spectralid × 1
- Iridescent Flint Beetle × 1
- Toady Bloyster × 1
- Skitter Leaf × 2
- Wogpole × 4
- Dwarf Red Bulborb × 1 (two more after first visit)
- Hermit Crawmad × 2
- Red Bulborb × 1
- Waddlepus × 2
- Fiery Blowhog × 2
- Medusal Slurker × 1
- Skutterchuck × 2
- Peckish Aristocrab × 1
- Sputtlefish × 3
- Puckering Blinnow
- Bug-Eyed Crawmad – Miniboss (× 2)
- Armored Mawdad – Boss
- Quaggled Mireclops – Boss
Plants and fungi
The following article or section contains guides.
This article or section is a stub. You can help Pikipedia by.
This article or section is a stub. You can help Pikipedia by.
Warning: the following text contains major spoilers about the secret drawings in the area.
In Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
This article or section is a short summary on the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U arena.
The Garden of Hope appears as a stage on Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. While there are many key differences, the general layout of the stage, which is in the area where Blue Pikmin are discovered, remains the same, except for the addition of a massive waterfall. A Red Bulborb will occasionally appear in the background for decoration, and a Peckish Aristocrab will act as a stage hazard, running from one side to the other, destroying the climbing stick and the teacup, as well as damaging any fighter that touches it. Although the crab cannot destroy the bridge, fighters can. Wild Pikmin will come back to rebuild the objects if they are destroyed.
The following changes can be noted between the area in Pikmin 3 and the Smash Bros. arena:
- The pieces of land are now connected by a (breakable) bridge.
- The S.S. Drake is seen in the area, where a Burgeoning Spiderwort and a tin box would be in Pikmin 3.
- The china pot half that is made out of white fragments can now be found on land, and is breakable.
- There are two connected elevator platforms, one on each of the ends of the stage.
- There is a breakable climbing stick on the stage that players can stand on.
- There is a tin can in place of the bamboo gate.
- Most significantly, the other part of the area is no longer there. Instead, there is a massive waterfall.
An Iridescent Flint Beetle coming out from some yellow wood sorrel.
- This is the only area in the game to feature two major bosses.
- This is also the only area in the game to introduce two types of Pikmin: Rock Pikmin and Blue Pikmin.
- This location's continental shape is based on Australia.
- This is the only area of the game that can be entered on day 2.
- Strangely, there is a Yellow Spectralid and a White Spectralid behind the dirt wall that leads to the Astringent Clump. They mostly flutter in place, and are too far up to be interacted with at first. However, given enough time and luck, it's possible that they will fly down and actually be reachable. Their positioning is most likely a mistake, as they are hard to spot and have Pikmin attack them.
- After building the vase from fragments, one can go under it from an opening. By using the KopPad's camera app, it's possible to see that the ceiling of the vase is not shown. Curiously, the KopPad will not display the leaders or Pikmin on top of the pot, if any.
- Louie will not steal any food if the crew doesn't have a full bottle. It is possible to have less than 1.0 juice by collecting only some grapes, for instance.
Names in other languages
|Spanish (NoE)||Vergel de la Esperanza||Orchard of Hope|
|French||Verger de l'espoir||Orchard of hope|
|German||Garten der Begegnung|
|Pikmin 3 areas|
Click an area on the image