The Final Trial
|The Final Trial|
|Ship parts||1 (list)|
|Requirements||Collect 29 ship parts|
|Music||The Final Trial|
The Final Trial (最後の試練?, lit.: "Final Trial") is the last area to be accessed in Pikmin. On the area selection menu, it is across a small body of water from the other areas, and has radically different terrain. It only has one part and is almost enemy-free, save the Emperor Bulblax, which holds the last ship part, the Secret Safe.
It should be noted that this area, in a way, tests the player's knowledge on the Pikmin. From the landing site, the area "splits" into three paths. The left path focuses on Red Pikmin, due to the fire geysers. The center path contains water which only Blue Pikmin can traverse through. And the path on the right contains bomb-rocks, which only Yellow Pikmin can hold.
Despite this, the level can be completed purely with Yellow Pikmin. This is done by making the Pikmin "swim" to the bridges, and by throwing them over the slanted part of the metal wall between the second bridge and the box, then making the Pikmin run over to said box.
To the south lies the landing site, along with three different types of Candypop Bud. In the center lies a small pool of water. To the west of it, there is a narrow path with fire geysers. To the east are a group of small islands with 8 bomb-rocks, although sometimes 9 appear instead. In the middle of the pool are two bridges and a normal stone gate. To the north is a cardboard box.
The arena where the Emperor Bulblax is fought and a wall that leads to three pipes with 15 bomb-rocks each lies at the northernmost part of the area. On the far west of the pool is a ledge with no hazards, meaning Olimar can throw additional Pikmin onto the ledge, then run down to collect them when he reaches the end of the main path.
In Challenge Mode, a Yellow Wollywog is found in the pool, and a Beady Long Legs attacks Olimar after he enters the arena. A Burrowing Snagret is found in the cliffs around it. Smaller enemies are found around Olimar's base, such as a Dwarf Red Bulborb, Dwarf Bulbears, and Sheargrubs. Unlike in the other levels, 100 Pikmin are already present on the map, buried in various locations.
- Emperor Bulblax × 1
- Fire geyser × 10
Challenge Mode breakdown
|Red 1 pellets||2||1||2|
|Red 5 pellets||5||1||5|
|Red 10 pellets||10||2||20|
|Yellow 1 pellets||2||1||2|
|Yellow 5 pellets||5||1||5|
|Yellow 10 pellets||10||2||20|
|Blue 1 pellets||2||1||2|
|Blue 5 pellets||5||1||5|
|Blue 20 pellets||20||1||20|
|Beady Long Legs||40||1||40|
|Dwarf Red Bulborb||4||4||16|
- Secret Safe: This part is found inside of the Emperor Bulblax.
The fiery path in which Red Pikmin are needed.
The section before the Emperor Bulblax arena.
Preview image on the area selection menu.
The radar pattern for The Final Trial.
- The terrain and surroundings of this area, along with the terrain and surroundings of The Impact Site, make up the layout for the Wistful Wild in Pikmin 2, with the exception of the places where the two map layouts meet.
- Strangely, a Bulborb appears here in the end of day cutscene, as well as in the perfect ending, despite the only visible Grub-dog in the area being the Emperor Bulblax.
- On New Play Control! Pikmin, it is possible to throw Pikmin directly to the island with the bridges by leaning against the western wall directly to the south of the ledge of the fire geyser path, and throwing Pikmin east so they land on top of the island's metal wall.
Names in other languages
|French (NoA)||L'Épreuve finale (area selection screen)
L'Epreuve Finale (loading screen)
|The Final trial
The Final Trial
The "E" of "Epreuve" should be "É" instead.
|French (NoE)||L'Epreuve Finale||The Final Trial||The "E" of "Epreuve" should be "É" instead.|
|German||Der letzte Versuch||The final Trial|
|Italian||Prova finale||Final Trial|
|Korean||마지막 시련||The Final Trial|
|Spanish (NoA)||La Prueba Final||The Final Trial|
|Spanish (NoE)||La Prueba Final||The Final Trial|
- YouTube video demonstrating the Pikmin in New Play Control! Pikmin being thrown to the island from near the fire geysers (at 0:58)
|The Final Trial|
Click an object
Click an area on the image