Talk:Beady Long Legs
I can confirm its presence at perplexing pool on day 31, can someone check the days leading up to 31?
I don't know the exact number, but it will(usually) appear when the Spotty Bulborb does. If you end up having to battle them both at the same time, to bad. Why isn't there a "How to Kill" section for this creature?Pikdude 15:31, 4 January 2008 (UTC)
- It was basically in the article, I just moved and improved it. It only comes after day 30.
- Also, could someone tell me what decides between a Boss and Mini-boss? I rate it as a single-appearing boss in Pikmin, and a simpler, often occuring mini-boss in Pikmin 2.--Prezintenden
Mini-bosses are the ones that appear more than 3 times in story mode. Bosses are found less than 3 times. Or: Mini-bosses are the bosses that can appear more than once in the same sublevel. Bosses are the ones that can only appear once per sublevel or at the end of a cave.Pikdude 23:13, 4 January 2008 (UTC)
- I agree more with Greenpickle, that's how I changed it on the page anyways.--Prezintenden
Yeah, except an Emperor Bulblax is at the end of a cave holding the Courage Elbem, and two more can be found on sublevel 4 of the cave Cavern of Chaos, so is it a boss or a mini-boss?Pikdude 15:08, 5 January 2008 (UTC)
- It is hard to say it clearly. Since it appears multiple times, lots actually if you include challenge mode, I'd say Mini. I think half of the categoriezing is guesswork.--Prezintenden
I think it really depends on where the particular enemy is seen. It's a little rare, but certainly not unheard of, for a boss-type baddie in a game to make an appearance in a later level as a mini-boss (first one that comes to mind is the AT-ST from Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire, and that one wasn't even accompanied by the boss theme music). Kind of hopping off what GreenPickle said, I would say that any big baddie found on the Final Floor of a cave guarding a piece of the Exploration Kit would be the boss of that particular cave, but would be a mini-boss in any other cave (and maybe just an exceptionally tough enemy when above ground).
There's no such thing as an especially hard to beat enemy above ground. (Excaeptions: Gattling Groink, Spotty Bulbear, and Beady Long Legs.)Pikdude 19:03, 5 January 2008 (UTC)
- Please don't make your sig take up more than one line. I think the solution is categorising the Emperor Bulblax as both boss and mini-boss, seeing as it has different functions in caves as the difficulty level of the game increases. GP
- Beady Long Legs: Boss
- Burrowing Snagret: Miniboss
- Small Emperor Bulblax (On S4 CoC and S10 HoH): Miniboss
- Big Emperor Bulblax (In Final Trial and Bulblax Kingdom S7): Boss
- Normal Empress Bulblax: Boss
- Reproducing Empress Bulblax (Has Larvae): Boss
- Powerful Empress Bulblax (Boulders and Larvae): Miniboss
- Giant Breadbug: QUESTION MARK!
- Pileated Snagret: Boss
- Raging Long Legs: Boss
- Ranging Bloyster: Boss
- Segmented Crawbster: Boss
- Titan Dweevil: I think you know this one.
- Waterwraith: Boss
Fly Guy 2 02:46, 14 April 2008 (UTC)
lets put it like this: IF ITS GOT BOSS MUSIC ITS A BOSS OR IF ITS GOT ITS OWN MUSIC, ok got bye!!!Prof. 19:13, 30 April 2008 (UTC)
Pikmin 1 BLL notes
Beady Long Legs This creature is so large it would tower over the dolphin. All the pikmin can do is cling to it's feet and try to slow it down. It's large round torso is it's sole weak point-Since the yellow pikmin fly highest they should be the most effective against it.Masta pikmin 19:37, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
- Try and make it more accurate. There are at least 6 mistakes there. Wait, Pikmin 1? I thought we said, non-enemy reel notes aren't getting included as they're sort of random. JJ? GP
- They seem a lot more convincing than the Smoky Progg notes, and the errors could easily have been made while copying the information down (often times people don't copy it exactly as is, they read what they see and type it as they would). I don't really know what to say, but in either case, it's probably not the kind of thing that gets a spot on the article anyway. —Jimbo Jambo
I copied the notes exactly. I also got armored canon beetle notes but i didn't wright them down.Masta pikmin 20:09, 19 July 2008 (UTC)
Yes I did! I made no mistakes except maybe minor spelling errors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Masta pikmin 01:28, 21 July 2008 (UTC)
There are notes on every boss maybe not every enemy. But i'm missing notes on 2 bosses,goolix & burrowing snagret. But they should'nt be hard to get. Okay goolix might be because of alternating days.Masta pikmin 19:14, 21 July 2008 (UTC)
Just asking, but should we put the Impending Doom (BBL Theme) song on that page, since all other bosses with their own music have their songs on their articles(Except for gaint breadbug).Molgera9000 23:15, 22 August 2008 (UTC)
- I'm pretty sure the BLL has the generic boss music that many bosses have. GP 11:29, 23 August 2008 (UTC)
By the way, Masta Pikmin, I have gotten all bosses notes(I count Smoky Progg, Black Cannon Beetle, Mamuta, and Puffstool as bosses 'cuz I have theirs), so these are the notes to the Burrowing Snagerets.(I can't remember Goolix's.Sorry)
X days since impact Burrowing Snagret This subterranean life-form feeds on small creatures that pass above them.It's body is covered in slick scales which prevent pikmin attacks.surely it has a weak point somewhere...
Video of glitch
Aww man!i Thought I found this glitch first!Who found it before me?It happened to me the other day when I was playing pikmin.It didn't happen to me with BLL, though.Instead it happened to me with the Armed Beetle in the Distant Spring.It was trying to run away and it went through the wall with the bulbear in front of it.The game froze when it touched the water, probably 'cuz it was never supposed to.I wish I had a youtube account or I could've recorded it!
Hey, has anybody notice in pikmin2, in curtain places where you fight RLL or BLL you can see a siluet of a spider web on the ground? I think thats its home... witch is odd becouse it can't spin webs... NIN10DUDE
- This discussion seems familiar.... Hm. Anyway, we really don't know anything about the BLL, so the web could be...anything, and come from anywhere. —Jimbo Jambo 05:35, 4 February 2009 (UTC)
- When did it ever say that they're incapable of making webs?--Prezintenden
Oh you got burned nin10dude you got totally burned.Masta pikmin 15:31, 5 February 2009 (UTC)
....... >.< I was merly inferencing... I should have said it doesn't appear to be able too. besides it's not a spider, and the way it's feet and legs where designed, I think it standing atop a web would be most aquared... The web would half to be alout stroger than an average web since it stands tall it would be alout more strain on the web. and the way it walks, might as well say goooood bye to your net spidy...ragging long legs also sometimes has a web... extreamly girthy aaaaaaand with larger feet, 10 TIMES THE WEB KILLING POWER! Nin10dude
Good point.Masta pikmin 15:00, 8 February 2009 (UTC)
THANK YOU! chalk one up for Pk! Ps: I can't leave a sig, when I'm on my wii. it's Pk king
Has any of you noticed that Beady Long Legs is the only "boss" in Pikmin 1, besides Emperor Bulblax to have its own boss theme? The Armored Cannon Beetle and, if they are bosses, Goolix, Puffstool and Burrowing Snagrets are just fought with the area's music.
Armoured cannon beetle and smokky progg should have it's own music, puffstool doesn't deserve a boss theme... could you imagine how dumb it would sound? There might be a reson why it doesn't have it's own music. maybe it's becouse EBB and BLL have a way of entering the arena, then the music starts however ACB is just there, you would here the music befor you actualy see the beast. it'sa-PK King
Another BLL glitch?
I was in challange mode in pikmin 1 trying to do the BLL glitch all of the sudden the pikmin around the area you can pick disappeared but my pikmin number stayed the same is this a glitch?Strudel man 22:39, December 12, 2009 (UTC)
Can't you think of anything else other than glitches?Well, if there are no Pikmin and the counter says there are Pikmin it is obviously a glitch.
Meh... guess im just one of those glitch addicts (and a hack addict i guess because if i find that pikmin 1 or 2 has a debug area you better believe im making an article)Strudel man 02:00, December 19, 2009 (UTC)
- Greenpickle found a test level in Pikmin 2 recently.
This can happen anywhere, just let a flower pikmin stay in the ground and they'll shrink and come back as leafs in a bit.User:Masta pikminFear da blue pikmin!!!! 03:13, December 24, 2009 (UTC)
- Does that actually happen?
Yes but it takes moar than half a day.User:Masta pikminFear da blue pikmin!!!! 03:53, December 25, 2009 (UTC)
- Wait, seriously, some of you didn't know that? >_> Miles. 15:18, December 25, 2009 (UTC)
Glitch in NPC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9wRNfGV8Wg Here's a video. It's in Spanish, and the translation is incomprehensible, but due to the way the pointer moves and the bits of Spanish I understand, I believe this is an attempt at the glitch in NPC. It seems to be impossible. ParadoxJuice 03:00, January 26, 2010 (UTC)
Faces of Beady Long Legs
Apparently, the Beady long legs has four faces, as noted by a Troper: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/NightmareFuel/Pikmin The comment is locatded under the 12th bullet. 188.8.131.52 19:30, December 19, 2011 (UTC)
Has anyone noticed that it seems to be in a landing site in the photo? is that really a screenshot or what?
LittleBluePikmin 01:23, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
Pikmin 3 Beady Long Legs
can someone tell me where someone found out this is the beady long legs?
Found it here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFjO4X5U_kI
Due to not starting with any hair, I had to assume it was Beady.
It has a different Japanese name therfore it is not Beady Long Legs.
Why is Beady Long Legs in the Beta category? StuperStar (talk) 03:47, July 18, 2013 (UTC)I think it was because Beady Long Legs was in the beta of Pikmin,and his legs were taller and his head/abdomen was closer to the ground Bkfootball (talk) 23:10, July 20, 2013 (UTC)
Comment by Scittery Leaves23 on 18th April 2014
Comment by Anonymous on 29th May 2016
does beady appear in pikmin 3
in the last stage of the 2nd part of the side stories at the beginning of the stump thing theres a ton of bosses, and one of them is yellow and looks really similar to beady but im not 100% sure. – The preceding unsigned comment was added by Green • (talk) • (contribs)
- This is already mentioned in the article, at the bottom of the Trivia section. But it's an interesting question, and there are a few parts to its answer. The names of the bosses you're referring to in The Ship Restored are never stated, but it's clear that they're variants of the Beady Long Legs and Shaggy Long Legs. However, their gold coloring is clearly a reference to the Beady Long Legs, and the music track that plays in the battle has some references to the Beady Long Legs battle theme from Pikmin. So it's not clear what the best name for these enemies is. — Soprano(talk) 21:25, November 13, 2022 (EST)