Since this subject has no official name, the name "Objective" is conjectural.
Pikmin 3's Story Mode contains a number of objectives that separate the story into sections based on the current major goal. These objectives are short pieces of text that appear on the day selection menu in Pikmin 3, and additionally on the the saved game selection menu, the loading screen, and the radar in Pikmin 3 Deluxe. Objectives apply to a specific day, and each day's objective is saved for a playthrough. Objectives are a way for the game to guide the player towards advancing through the story.
The following is a list of all the distinct objectives in Pikmin 3 Deluxe. Objectives can be different between the menus (the saved game selection menu and the day selection menu), the loading screen, and the radar. The radar and loading screen will only show an objective if it applies to the area the player is in. If the player lands in a different area, the loading screen will show no objective, and the radar will say "Head to [name of area the current objective applies to]!". Note that the objectives appear after the condition is fulfilled, not while the condition is being fulfilled.
The following article or section is in need of assistance from someone who plays Pikmin 3.
|Get the KopPad||Find S.S. Drake![note 1]||Tropical Wilds|
|Completed day 1||Where's Brittany?||Garden of Hope|
|Landed in the Garden of Hope||Find Brittany!||Garden of Hope|
|Seen Brittany||Find the Fruit!||Garden of Hope|
|Seen the first Sunseed Berry||Save Brittany!||Garden of Hope|
|Got Rock Pikmin||Brittany and the Fruit||Garden of Hope|
|Rescued Brittany||The Captain's Signal?||Garden of Hope|
|Collected the data file in the Armored Mawdad corridor||Follow the Signal!||Garden of Hope|
|Seen the Armored Mawdad||Defeat the Armored Mawdad!||Garden of Hope|
|Defeated the Armored Mawdad||Recover the Device!||Garden of Hope|
|Collected the Data Glutton||Find the Captain!||Garden of Hope[note 2]/Distant Tundra|
|Landed in the Distant Tundra||Find Alph![note 3]||Distant Tundra|
|Left the Yellow Pikmin cave||Reunite with Brittany!||Distant Tundra|
|Completed the double bridge||Where's the Captain?||Distant Tundra|
|Seen the Vehemoth Phosbat||Defeat the Vehemoth Phosbat!||Distant Tundra|
|Defeated the Vehemoth Phosbat||Find the Cosmic-Drive Key!||Distant Tundra[note 4]/Tropical Wilds|
|Landed in the Tropical Wilds||Follow the Mystery Signal!||Tropical Wilds|
|Seen the Sandbelching Meerslug||The Sandbelching Meerslug||Tropical Wilds|
|Defeated the Sandbelching Meerslug||Recover the High-Tech Device!||Tropical Wilds|
|Collected the Folded Data Glutton||To Twilight River!||Tropical Wilds[note 5]/Twilight River|
|Landed in the Twilight River||Track the Mystery Signal||Twilight River|
|Seen the Winged Onion||Save the Winged Onion!||Twilight River|
|Freed the Winged Onion from the Arachnode||Winged Pikmin!||Twilight River|
|Got Winged Pikmin||SOS from Olimar||Twilight River|
|Lifted the dam||Save Olimar!||Twilight River|
|Seen the Scornet Maestro||Defeat the Scornet Maestro!||Twilight River|
|Defeated the Scornet Maestro||Retrieve Olimar!||Twilight River|
|Collected Louie||Find Fruit![note 6]||All areas|
|Collected Louie and have juice remaining||Follow Olimar![note 7]||Garden of Hope|
|Started lifting the flukeweed with the Blue Onion||The Blue Onion[note 8]||Garden of Hope|
|Lifted the flukeweed||Blue Pikmin||Garden of Hope|
|Got Blue Pikmin||Find the Hocotatian!||Garden of Hope|
|Awaken the Quaggled Mireclops||Save the Hocotatian!||Garden of Hope|
|Defeated the Quaggled Mireclops||Retrieve the Hocotatian!||Garden of Hope|
|Collected Louie for the second time||Head to the Formidable Oak||Garden of Hope[note 9]/Formidable Oak|
|Landed in the Formidable Oak||Find Captain Olimar!||Formidable Oak|
|Seen Captain Olimar||Save Captain Olimar!||Formidable Oak|
- Does not appear on menus or the loading screen. The menus say "Exploration Day 1" for day 1.
- Only on the radar on the day the Data Glutton is collected.
- Does not appear on menus or the loading screen because the day cannot end while in the cave.
- Only on the radar on the day the Vehemoth Phosbat is defeated.
- Only on the radar on the day the Folded Data Glutton is collected.
- This objective appears on the radar in the Twilight River when Louie is collected, but will only appear on menus and the loading screen for the next day if the player has less than 1 bottle of juice, as Louie will not land in the Garden of Hope until the player has at least 1 bottle of juice at the start of the day. If there is a day with the "Find Fruit!" objective (not including the day Louie is collected), the day Louie lands in the Garden of Hope will also have the "Find Fruit!" objective in the menus.
- As the loading screen is different on the day Louie lands in the Garden of Hope, this objective is not shown on the loading screen that day, though it will be shown on later days if the Blue Onion has not been lifted yet. This objective will be shown on the menus for the day Louie lands in the Garden of Hope, unless the previous day had the "Find Fruit!" objective.
- Does not appear on menus or the loading screen; they will use the "Follow Olimar!" objective.
- Only on the radar on the day Louie is collected.