|Appears in||Pikmin 3|
|Areas||Tropical Wilds, Garden of Hope, Twilight River, Distant Tundra|
|Collect treasure! levels||Shaded Garden Remix|
|Battle enemies! levels||Twilight River Remix|
|Side Story levels||None|
|Bingo Battle levels||Buried Pond|
Flukeweeds are plants in Pikmin 3 that function as tools. They appear as curly pink sprouts. Most Pikmin types cannot interact with them, but Winged Pikmin will try to pull them out of the ground, often revealing an object attached to their roots, like a pellet, some Sheargrubs, a fruit, or other things. When holding on, the Pikmin tug together at regular intervals, but if they are not enough, this action will do nothing to the plant. If there are enough Pikmin on it however, each tug will decrease its health, until it reaches 0, at which point the plant pops out of the ground, drops its content, and then disappears. If the Winged Pikmin are under the influence of ultra-spicy spray, they will uproot the Flukeweed faster. These plants bare a striking resemblance to the Fiddleheads found within Pikmin 2, perhaps being a member of the same (fern) family.
The objects that are underground attached to the roots can be made visible with the use of the invisible geometry glitch.
Strength to uproot
Depending on what the Flukeweed holds, a different amount of Winged Pikmin is required to uproot it and reveal the items. Generally, Flukeweeds containing valuable items like fruit need more Winged Pikmin to uproot as opposed to Flukeweeds containing eggs or bomb rocks. For lighter Flukeweeds, adding more Winged Pikmin will increase the speed in which they uproot it. However, Flukeweeds that require five Winged Pikmin to uproot cannot have more added after five are assigned.
- One Winged Pikmin, two max
- Three Winged Pikmin, five max
- Five Winged Pikmin
On top of a waterfall in the Twilight River area, there is a dam blocking lily pads from flowing down one of the river's branches. It is a small branch that has three Flukeweeds attached to it. When ten Winged Pikmin grab on, they pull the branch out of the way, allowing the lily pads to flow. This obstacle is unique in that the Flukeweeds do not have individual requirements and instead the Winged Pikmin automatically split into groups. Four will always go to the furthest flukeweed and three will go to the other two. The appearance and animation of these Flukeweeds is the same as others, though a cutscene will play when the dam is lifted.
The following article or section is in need of assistance from someone who plays Pikmin 3.
To do: Specify which nectar eggs and pellets are randomly colored and which are predetermined.
- There are a total of six located in the Flighty Joustmite cave. Travelling around the room clockwise, they contain a bomb rock, a 5-pellet, a Velvety Dreamdrop, three Male Sheargrubs, an egg, and three Female Sheargrubs.
- There is one on a high ledge near the Bug-Eyed Crawmad. It contains a Lesser Mock Bottom.
- There is one near the pot bridge. It contains a blue 5-pellet.
- There is one behind the electric gate nearest the Armored Mawdad arena. It contains a 5-pellet.
- The Blue Onion is underground when it is first found, and needs to be pulled out with a Flukeweed that is attached to it.
- There are two in the Shaggy Long Legs arena. One contains a 5-pellet, the other an egg.
- There is one in the landing site. It contains a 1-pellet.
- There is one a short walk outside the landing site. It contains a 5-pellet.
- There is one near the Puffy Blowhog. It contains a Searing Acidshock.
- There are two near the Burgeoning Spiderwort and Arachnode. One contains three Male Sheargrubs, the other a 5-pellet.
- There is one near the Scornets. It contains a five pellet.
- There are a total of seven near the Winged Onion. In all, there are two 1-pellets, three Female Sheargrubs, two 5-pellets, an egg with nectar, and a Lesser Mock Bottom.
- There are two on the far west end of the stage. One contains a bomb rock, the other a Lesser Mock Bottom.
- There is one in the room with the Rock Onion, with a pink 5-pellet.
- There is one at the base of the hill east of the Rock Onion, with a pink 5-pellet.
- There is one on the north shore near the crystal wall with a bomb rock.
- There is one on the high ledge next to the Calcified Crushblat with a bomb rock.
- There are four in the tiled room in the southwest. 2 contain bomb rocks, one contains an egg with spicy spray, and one contains an egg with nectar.
- There are two across the small body of water in the south. One contains an egg with nectar, and one contains a bomb rock.
Names in other languages
|Italian||Pianta estirpabile||Uprootable plant|
|Spanish||Hierbajo||Weed||The name might have a double meaning, as the word "hierbajo" contains the word "bajo"; which can mean "below" or "underground".|
- The Flukeweed may be based on the frond of the real world Dicranopteris linearis.
Bloominous Stemple • Bouncy Mushroom • Bridge (fragments, hay) • Climbing stick • Conveyor belt • Dirt mound • Electrode • Flukeweed • Geyser • Iron ball • Liftable rock • Lily pad • Pulley rock • Seesaw blocks (elevator platforms)