|Appears in||Pikmin 3|
|Areas||Tropical Wilds, Garden of Hope, Twilight River, Distant Tundra|
|Collect treasure! levels||Shaded Garden Remix|
|Battle enemies! levels||Twilight River Remix|
|Bingo Battle levels||Buried Pond|
Flukeweeds are plants found in Pikmin 3. They appear as curly pink sprouts. Most Pikmin don't know what to do with them, but Winged Pikmin will pull them out of the ground, often revealing an object attached to their roots, like a pellet, some Sheargrubs, fruit or other things. When holding on, the Pikmin tug together at regular intervals, but if they are not enough, this action will do nothing to the plant. If there are enough Pikmin on it however, each tug will decrease its health, until it reaches 0, where the plant pops out of the ground. If the Winged Pikmin are under the influence of ultra-spicy spray, they will uproot the Flukeweed faster.
The objects that are underground attached to the routes can be made visible with the use of the invisible geometry glitch.
Strength to uproot
Depending on what the Flukeweed holds, a different amount of Winged Pikmin is required to uproot it and reveal the items. As a rule of thumb, Flukeweed containing valuable items like fruit need more Winged Pikmin to uproot as opposed to Flukeweed containing eggs or bombs. For smaller Flukeweed instances, adding more Winged Pikmin will increase the speed in which they uproot it. However, Flukeweed that require five Winged Pikmin to uproot cannot have more added after five are assigned.
One Winged Pikmin, two max
Three Winged Pikmin, five max
Five Winged Pikmin
On top of a waterfall on the Twilight River, there is a dam blocking part of the river. It is a large stick that has three Flukeweeds attached to it. When ten Pikmin grab on, they pull the branch out of the way, allowing lily pads access to that river. This obstacle is unique in that the flukeweeds do not have individual requirements and instead the Winged Pikmin automatically split into groups. Four will always go to the furthest flukeweed and three will go to the other two. The appearance and animation of these flukeweeds is the same as others.
The following article or section is in need of assistance from someone who plays Pikmin 3.
To do: Specify which nectar eggs and pellets are randomly colored and which are predetermined.
- There are a total of six located in the Flighty Joustmite cave. Travelling around the room clockwise, they contain a bomb rock, a five pellet, a Velvety Dreamdrop, three Male Sheargrubs, a nectar egg, and three Female Sheargrubs.
- There is one on a high ledge near the Bug-Eyed Crawmad. It contains a Lesser Mock Bottom.
- There is one near the china pot. It contains a blue five pellet.
- There is one behind the electric gate nearest the Armored Mawdad arena. It contains a five pellet.
- The Blue Onion is underground, and needs to be pulled out by a Flukeweed that is attached to it.
- There are two in the Shaggy Long Legs arena. One contains a five pellet, the other a nectar egg.
- There is one in the landing site. It contains a one pellet.
- There is one a short walk outside the landing site. It contains a five pellet.
- There is one near the Puffy Blowhog. It contains a Searing Acidshock.
- There are two near the Burgeoning Spiderwort and Arachnode. One contains three Male Sheargrubs, the other a five pellet.
- There is one near the Scornets. It contains a five pellet.
- There are a total of seven near the Winged Onion. In all, there are two one pellets, three Female Sheargrubs, two five pellets, a nectar egg, and a Lesser Mock Bottom.
- There are two on the far west end of the stage, one contains a bomb rock, the other a Lesser Mock Bottom.
Names in other languages
|Spanish (NoE)||Hierbajo||Underground grass|
Arachnode web • Bloominous Stemple • Bodies of water • Boulder • Bouncy Mushroom • Bridge (fragments, hay) • Burgeoning Spiderwort mold • Cardboard box (tin box) • Climbing stick • Clog • Cobblestone block • Conveyor belt • Crystals • Dirt block • Dirt mound • Electric mushroom • Electrical wire • Electrode • Fire geyser • 24x24px Flames • Flukeweed (dam) • Gas pipe • Gates and walls • Geyser • Hydroe bramble • Iron ball • Iron block • Liftable rock • Lily pad • Paper bag • Pulley rock • Seesaw blocks (elevator platforms) • 24x24px Spiked pine cone • Spotcap and Kingcap • Trowel • Tunnel