This article or section needs to be cleaned up, either its format or general style.
In Pikmin, there is only one loading screen, which takes place before an area is entered; this is where the area is loaded. The screen is purely black apart from the name of the area in orange at the center. When the area is done loading, the screen automatically fades away, and the landing cutscene begins.
Pikmin 2 uses a very similar area loading screen to Pikmin for loading the main areas, but the name is yellow, its highlights have small glares, and a rippling effect of some text graphic occurs behind the name. When loading a cave's sublevel in story mode, the name in white will appear to fall and bounce one letter at a time into a rippling, dripping liquid over a black screen (although the effect only covers so much text; not all letters in the Subterranean Complex produce this effect). Below that is the name of the sublevel. The same screen occurs while loading a Challenge Mode level, except instead of the liquid effect there is a cloud of red and orange squares that slowly pulsate behind the text.
Before loading a 2-Player Battle stage, the game shows a different loading screen. The stage's name appears at the top, with a fire effect applied behind it. Just under it, the text "Loading..." appears aligned to the right. The second half of the screen has a large box of information. The top of the box lists the two marble-related win conditions, and under that there is a random advisory for the game mode. This screen only disappears when either player presses / , or automatically 10 seconds after the game is done loading.
Interestingly, for most cases, the rippled text that appears behind an area's name is not the name itself but something different. On the Valley of Repose, the rippled text is indeed "Valley of Repose", but on the Today's Report screen, which also has a fiery-ripple effect, the same "Valley of Repose" text is what appears behind "Today's Report". On the Awakening Wood, the text is 今日の成績? (lit.: "Today's Results"), and on the Perplexing Pool and Wistful Wild, it is "Challenge Cave", in a slightly different font from the norm.
When loading an area in Pikmin 3, a familiar black screen with the area's name in yellow appears, with a subtle reflection and rippling behind it. At the bottom, there is a randomly-picked gameplay tip, preceded by a relevant icon. This tip may get swapped out for another tip if the game takes longer to load. The same screen appears in Bingo Battle, and in Mission Mode, the screen is the same, except it also writes down the type of mission under the level's name. Besides the area loading screens, the game also shows a screen with a static image of a few Pikmin in a green environment when loading the whole game. A loading icon will also appear with a silhouetted Red Pikmin running along a loading wheel. After this screen comes the title screen.
When Pikmin Bloom is opened, a loading screen will appear. The background artwork has changed between versions of the app, but always contains Pikmin carrying seedlings and/or fruit. A bar across the bottom will fill up with green and dark green stripes, and will advance to the main menu when full. Above the bar there is a reminder for the player to be alert and aware of their surroundings. Update 41.0 added loading screen tips about the game that appear a few seconds after the safety reminder, changing every few seconds. Tapping the screen will also change the tip.
Tips for the 2-Player Battle mode in Pikmin 2.
- “You can't carry your own marble.”
- “Pikmin lost to opposing Pikmin will become seeds.”
- “Roulette creatures vanish when you defeat them.”
- “Use your sprays wisely to turn the tide of battle!”
- “You can't pluck, throw or spray while engaging enemy Pikmin.”
- “Get a cherry for one roulette spin. You can store up to four.”
While technically, it is true that there can be up to four roulette wheel spins in queue, this can lead to players believing they can only have four powers in queue, when they can actually have five (the four queued spins plus the current power on standby).
Tips in Pikmin 3's story mode. They only appear on day 3 and later, and also appear when the player suffers a Game Over.
|Listen closely! Somewhere out of sight, Pikmin could be perishing!||Listen! Somewhere Pikmin are losing their lives!|
|Assign time-consuming tasks to just a few Pikmin.||Assign time-consuming tasks to just a few Pikmin, and leave them to it!|
|Consult the Exploration Notes to master the controls!|
|Fragments of a bridge may not all be in the same place. Search everywhere and assign your Pikmin appropriately!|
|Work on multiple tasks at once to use Pikmin and time effectively!||Work on multiple tasks at once to use both your Pikmin and your time effectively!|
|Use information from your radar to help you look for Brittany!|
|If you get stuck, you can go back to a previous day and start from scratch!|
|The type and the number of Pikmin can change how effective they are at a task. Be sure to experiment!||The type and the number of Pikmin involved in a task can vary the results! Be sure to experiment!|
|After carrying fragments, Pikmin return to where the fragments were!||After carrying Fragments, Pikmin return to where the Fragments were!|
|Pluck sprouts as a team to work faster! You can continuously pluck just by pressing / / / once!|
|If you leave a crew member near Pikmin sprouts, he or she will pluck them automatically.|
|Look for any areas that you can reach with two crew members! You may be able to blaze some new trails!|
|Rock Pikmin pack a punch when thrown.||Rock Pikmin pack a mean punch when thrown directly at things.|
|Fruit will be in the same place the next day after the sun goes down! Try to get it as close to the ship as possible!||After the sun goes down, fruit will be in the same place the next day. Try to get it as close to the ship as possible!|
|Boss enemies you hurt will maintain their damage! Whittle their health down, and defeat them the next day!||Boss enemies you hurt will stay hurt the next day. Whittle their health down and finish them off tomorrow!|
|Boss-enemy bodies will still be there tomorrow! Don't miss a chance to increase your Pikmin!||Boss enemy bodies will still be there the next day! Don't miss the chance to increase your Pikmin!|
|You can throw Pikmin across obstacles! Explore any areas near bridges!|
|If you're low on juice, prioritize your search for fruit!||If you're low on juice, make searching for fruit your priority!|
|Some places can only be reached with all three crew members! Look for these areas to open up new pathways!||Some places can only be reached with all 3 crew members! Look for these areas to open up new pathways!|
|Before you start exploring, look at the map on the KopPad to plan your day!|
|"Go here" is convenient when you want to return to the Onion!||Go Here! is convenient when you want to return to the Onion!|
|"Go here" is convenient for gathering up any wayward Pikmin!||Go Here! is convenient for gathering up any wayward Pikmin!|
To note is that on the game files, the "Throw Pikmin into a Candypop Bud to turn them into sprouts that are the same color as the flower!" message is declared twice, for either region.
|You can tell your Pikmin apart from your opponent's by the color of the tops of their heads.||You can tell your Pikmin apart from your opponent's by the colour of the tops of their heads.|
|When you find Pikmin of your color buried in the ground, pluck them and make them part of your squad!||When you come across Pikmin of your colour buried in the ground, pluck them and make them part of your squad!|
|If enemy Pikmin come after you, shake vigorously to shake them off!||If enemy Pikmin latch on to you, shake vigorously to shake them off!|
|If one of your explorers runs out of health, you lose!||If your explorers run out of health, you lose!|
|If you lose every last Pikmin on your team, you lose!|
|Retrieve the Golden Grenade to gain five items!|
|Use the GamePad's map to see the locations of fruit and creatures!|
|This item will add 10 Pikmin to your team!|
|This item will add five rare Pikmin to your team!|
|This item drops a storm of rocks around your opponent!|
|This item strikes your opponent with lightning!|
|This item activates one square of your bingo card.|
|Gather fruit and defeated creatures to complete one line of your bingo card and claim victory!|
|Retrieve a Cupid's Grenade to spin the roulette wheel!|
|Press / / or tap (icon) on to use an item!||Press / / or touch (icon) on the to use an item!|
|Retrieve your opponent's Victory Macaroon to win!||You can win by retrieving your opponent's Victory Macaroon!|
|Temporarily boost the power of the Pikmin in your squad!||This item temporarily boosts the power of the Pikmin in your squad!|
|Defeat all enemies on screen!||This item defeats all enemies on screen!|
|Spawn a Bomb Rock close by. To retrieve it, throw a Pikmin at it.||This item spawns a Bomb Rock nearby. Throw a Pikmin at it to retrieve it.|
|Scramble your opponent's bingo card!||This item scrambles your opponent's bingo card!|
|This item explodes when a player moves near it! It can be triggered by any player, so be careful!||This item explodes when a player moves! It can be triggered by any player, so be careful!|
|Warp your opponent somewhere!||This item warps your opponent somewhere!|
|Retrieve your stolen Victory Macaroon!||This item retrieves your stolen Victory Macaroon!|
The fastest diggers of all the Pikmin!
Throw and land a direct hit for tremendous damage!
Happy to go into the water!
Destroy it with Bomb Rocks!
Lift it up with Winged Pikmin!
Destroy it with Rock Pikmin!
|When the game begins, if the total is less than 50, it means there are hidden Pikmin!||When the game begins, if the Total is less than 50 it means there are hidden Pikmin!|
The following article or section is in need of assistance from someone who plays Pikmin Adventure.
|You can move Olimar by touching and holding the stylus on the touch screen.||You can move Olimar by touching and holding the stylus on the touch screen.|
|Press to pause the game. You can calibrate the controllers while paused.||Press to pause the game. You can calibrate the controllers while paused.|
|...||You can also gather Pikmin as Olimar with or .|
|...||If you're trying to master a challenge, ignore the Assist Block with an exclamation mark and rely on your own abilities.|
|Remember to take a break from time to time. Press during play to pause the game.||Remember to take a break from time to time. Press during play to pause the game.|
|Pikmin players can hold to charge up. Release to launch a powerful attack.||Pikmin players can hold to charge up. Release to launch a powerful attack.|
|If you want to ignore Olimar's attempt to call you back to him, just shake the Wii Remote.||If you want to ignore Olimar's attempt to call you back to him, just shake the Wii Remote.|
|Flick the touch screen with the stylus to make Olimar jump. This can be handy for avoiding enemy attacks.||...|
|Pikmin are invincible while being gathered by Olimar. Call Pikmin to quickly put them out of trouble.||...|
|As Olimar, you'll have to show good leadership. Make sure you choose the right moments to gather your Pikmin.||...|
- “Remember to be alert at all times. Stay aware of your surroundings.”
- “Take AR photos when you feed your Pikmin and share them with your friends!”
- “The detector will be recharged with one free use every day if it’s empty, so don’t forget to use it up!”
- “Feed nectar to your Pikmin every day to raise their friendship level. Great things may happen if you become best friends!”
- “Add your favorite photos and write about your day in the lifelog. Tap the "+" button next to the date to get started.”
- “Long tap to select multiple items in your Pikmin or postcard lists.”
- “Pikmin who have come to deliver postcards will wait up to three days until they are received.”
- “Plant flowers around a big flower to help it bloom.”
- “Big flowers shine bright in the first hour of blooming. Try planting flowers around one and maybe you will find a nice surprise!”
- “Seedlings grow faster while planting flowers. Plant flowers to collect more and more Pikmin!”
- “Get bonus coins while planting flowers.”
- “Set up privacy zones from the settings screen to exclude certain areas where you don't want to plant flowers.”
- “You can delete flowers that you have planted from your lifelog or the settings screen.”
- “Invite your friends to join Pikmin Bloom and get rewards!”
- “Check out the help section from the settings screen if you have any questions.”
- “Use the sorting function in your Pikmin list to find your Pikmin more easily.”
- “Link your Nintendo Account to receive a special seedling! Go to the settings screen or the Mii customization screen.”
- “Want to swap all the Pikmin in your squad at once? Quickly tap the whistle three times, and they will be replaced by standby Pikmin.”
- “Special slots allow seedlings to grow faster than usual. You can buy them at the store.”
- “It seems the items worn by Decor Pikmin are related to the location where their seedling was found. Go to the seedling details screen to find out the details.”
- “Too busy to feed your Pikmin nectar one at a time? Try dragging the nectar icon toward them.”
- “When your Pikmin lose the flowers on their heads, add them to your squad and take them out for a walk. That seems to help them recover their leaves faster.”
- “Check the types of Decor Pikmin you have found so far from the Decor Pikmin badge details screen.”
- “Long tap a Pikmin in the garden to pick them up. You can also use the magnifying glass to observe them.”
- “Try expanding the Pikmin info view to full screen and see what happens when you tap on your Pikmin.”
- “When you want to give nectar to a specific Pikmin, double-tap to zoom in on them.”
- “Give special nectar to your favorite Pikmin to increase their friendship level by one heart!”
- “You can upgrade your storage capacity for Pikmin, seedlings, nectar and petals from the store.”
- “Tap the big map on the home screen to access your lifelog, expeditions, postcards, Pikmin list and more!”
- “Expedition items will disappear if you don't send Pikmin to retrieve them. Items are listed from oldest to newest, so get the ones you want before they are gone.”
- “Winged Pikmin seem to be very fast in expeditions, unless they go with other types of Pikmin.”
- “When tackling mushroom battles, Pikmin of the same color as the mushroom, Decor Pikmin, and Pikmin with flowers seem to be the most powerful.”
- “Clear mushroom battles as fast as you can to get higher ratings and better rewards!”
- “It takes a while for mushrooms to recover after being defeated.”
- “Feed your Pikmin nectar and send them on expeditions and mushrooms to raise their friendship level.”
- “Some big flowers may bloom only during certain seasons. Check the news section to see what flowers are in season this month.”
- “Make friends to send each other postcards and check out each other's steps, Pikmin, and badges.”
- “When you walk through a new place, the white clouds on the map will clear away to reveal the new location. Use the map to see the places you have visited so far.”
- Game loading screens
- Area loading screens
- The loading screens for different game modes in Pikmin 2 appear to represent four classical elements: wind, water, fire, and earth.
- Areas have the letter's trail off into some smoke billowing in the wind.
- Caves in Story Mode have liquid ripples shown behind the letters, representing water.
- 2-Player Battle stages have the letter look as if they were burning by using an animated flame graphic displayed behind it, representing fire.
- Challenge Mode caves have a cluster of brown, orange, and red squares behind the title, representing earth.