The Angle Maze is the fourth arena that players can fight on in 2-Player Battle. When selected, this level shuffles between three different arenas: a maze arena which gives the stage its name, an arena with a large circular room containing a Raging Long Legs, and a square pit arena which is shaped in a downwards spiral. There are no environmental hazards in any of the three arenas. The only two types of floors in this arenas: sand and snow, have no smooth transition between them.
- Theme: Concrete
- Plants and fungi:
- Note: The previous object numbers were gathered from a very basic reading of the game's files. Research is currently underway to get more accurate numbers.
|Internal cave name||vs_8_kakukaku|
|(?) Enemy maximum||50|
|(?) Item maximum||0|
|(?) Gate maximum||0|
|(?) Dead end unit maximum||50|
|(?) Number of rooms||3|
|(?) Corridor-to-room ratio||0|
|(?) Escape geyser||No|
|(?) Clogged hole||No|
|(?) Unit file||vs_8_spiral_conc.txt|
|(?) Light file||vs_8_light.ini|
|Cave units (?)|
|Room with 4 exits (×2)||Spiraling room (×1)||Dead end with item (×4)||Corridor (×6)||Turning corridor (×4)||Three-way crossing (×3)|
|Long corridor (×3)|
|Room with 4 exits and C-shaped wall (×3)||Room with 2 exits and raised edge (×2)||Turning corridor (×7)||Corridor (×2)||Dead end with item (×4)|
|Room with 4 exits (×2)||Circular room with 9 exits (×1)|
Raging Long Legs
The Raging Long Legs will only appear in one arena stage in Angle Maze. This stage will consist of two bases where the Blue and Red Pikmin are held, and a few tunnels branching off of a large inner circle, where the boss is located. The Raging Long Legs, like in story mode, will fall from the ceiling and begin to stomp around. It will never leave this circular center. If the Raging Long Legs is in the arena, you should let your opponent attack or go through the area with your leader and let the giant beast crush and kill the other player's Pikmin. Another thing you can do is wake the Bulborbs and have the Raging Long Legs crush them.
- Cooperative Raging Long Legs battle (these strategies are for defeating the Raging Long Legs co-operatively in 2-P Battle):
- Easiest and least fun strategy: Go in first with one player with all their Pikmin (it is best to have 50 each) and carefully defeat all of the enemies around the circular arena. If an enemy happens to be where the boss will be later, throw Pikmin at the creature from a distance. Do not on any accounts move the leader into the center, as this will trigger the Raging Long Legs. Then, have the other player with all their Pikmin come in from the opposite side from the first player to enter the boss's arena. Then, have one player disband their Pikmin and move into the center to make the Raging Long Legs fall from the sky, then call their Pikmin back. Both players should supercharge their Pikmin with ultra-spicy spray. Then, the fight begins. For this strategy, just keep the Raging in the center and continuously throw Pikmin at it, remembering to whistle back any Pikmin that get shaken off or engage in fights with the other player's Pikmin. The Raging Long Legs should die soon enough, leaving behind 30 Mitites, which will then proceed to disappear into the ground.
- Reckless but more fun strategy: Go into the arena with both players without bothering to kill the enemies first (Warning: You will lose a lot of Pikmin this way, so be sure to bring a lot) and charge into the center to bring on the Long Legs. The battle strategy is simple: If you can, lure the Red Bulborbs and Dwarf Bulbears under the Raging Long Legs's feet, as they will become very annoying. Other than that, just throw loads of Pikmin at the boss and hope for the best. Note: This way of defeating the boss is only for fun and should not be used in a serious match.
- Competitive battle strategies:
- If you can make your army flower and if your opponent is being distracted by the Raging Long Legs, sneak in to their base and use a dose of ultra-spicy spray. Steal their marble and distract the enemy until the marble is back to the Onion.
- If you're in the square labyrinth and wake a Bulborb close to your opponent's base (make sure your Pikmin are beside your marble), take him to your opponent, distract your rival's Pikmin and keep shaking them off, and if done correctly, your rival's Pikmin will nearly all be eaten by the Bulborb.
- Because Dwarf Bulbears will follow prey forever, you can herd a few of them and lure them to your opponent's Pikmin, where they will stop chasing you and go after them instead.
|2-Player Battle locations|
|Battle Field • War Path • Carpet Plain • Angle Maze • Colosseum • Rusty Gulch • Brawl Yard • Tile Lands • Dim Labyrinth • Hostile Territory|