Raging Long Legs
|Appears in||Pikmin 2|
|Scientific name||Pseudoarachnia furiendis|
|Caves||Hole of Heroes|
|Challenge Mode levels||Cavernous Abyss|
|2-Player Battle levels||Angle Maze|
Raging Long Legs (ゾウノアシ?, lit.: "Elephant Feet") is a boss in Pikmin 2. It is related to the Beady Long Legs, but has bigger, hairier feet, a bigger body (to the point where any Pikmin can reach it with relative ease) that is glossy black with purple veins, and moves more slowly. It is also much stronger, and so takes longer to kill. Like the Beady Long Legs, the beast shakes Pikmin off and starts stomping angrily if enough damage is dealt to it that it becomes agitated; this is more dangerous due to the size of its feet. The fact that it has a larger body means any kind of Pikmin can be thrown onto it without waiting, which makes attacking easier.
The size of its feet means they harm Pikmin and enemies alike. It dies in the same manner as the Beady Long Legs, ejecting its possessions from its body, crumbling into dust. If this creature does not have any treasure to drop, it will instead drop 30 Mitites. It can regain health if given the time.
This rare boss is only seen on the last sublevel (15) of the Hole of Heroes, the single sublevel of the Cavernous Abyss in Challenge Mode, and in the Angle Maze stage of 2-Player Battle if the selected layout is the one with a large central area.
The following article or section contains guides.
Despite wielding feet much larger than the Beady Long Legs, this does not make it too much more of a threat. It is possible to stay underneath the creature's abdomen with a small squad of Pikmin without having to fear being crushed. This is because this enemy can't move its feet directly underneath its body, even when enraged, and so there is always a safe area right underneath the large orb. Since the Pikmin should be called back just before the enemy can shake them off, the amount of Pikmin that can be used are limited anyway, so a group of about 15 is recommended.
Due to how quickly it regenerates health, it is impossible to make progress in damaging the creature if the player uses only one or two Pikmin.
The Raging Long Legs is impossible to defeat with leaders.
Pikmin 2 Nintendo Player's Guide
|Pikmin 2 technical information (?)|
|Global properties (List)|
|s001||wallReflection||Unknown (wall bounce speed multiplier?)||0.5|
|s004||bounceFactor||Unknown (bounce when it hits the ground?)||0.3|
|fp01||マップとの当り||Unknown (related to slopes)||10|
|fp02||ダメージスケールXZ||Horizontal damage scale||0.01|
|fp03||ダメージスケールY||Vertical damage scale||0.1|
|fp04||ダメージフレーム||Damage scale duration||0.5|
|fp14||探索距離||Unknown (exploration radius?)||300|
|fp15||探索角度||Unknown (exploration angle?)||90|
|fp16||振り払い率||Successful shake rate||1|
|fp20||攻撃可能範囲||Unknown (shock attack max range?)||75|
|fp21||攻撃可能角度||Unknown (shock attack max angle?)||25|
|fp22||攻撃ヒット範囲||Unknown (attack hit range?)||75|
|fp23||攻撃ヒット角度||Unknown (attack hit angle?)||25|
|fp25||視界高||Unknown (height visibility?)||50|
|fp26||探索高||Unknown (exploration height?)||50|
|fp27||ライフの高さ||HP wheel height||75|
|fp29||警戒時間||Unknown (warning time?)||15|
|fp33||マップとのあたりポリゴンの選定||Collision processing radius||225|
|fp34||ピクミンとのあたり||Pikmin damage radius||10|
|fp36||ヒップドロップダメージ||Purple Pikmin drop damage||50|
|fp37||地震気絶確立||Purple Pikmin stun chance||0 (0%)|
|fp38||地震気絶時間||Purple Pikmin stun time||5|
|ip01||振り払い打撃Ａ||Shake mode 1 – hit count||70|
|ip02||振り払い張付１||Shake mode 1 – Pikmin requirement||50|
|ip03||振り払い打撃Ｂ||Shake mode 2 – hit count||80|
|ip04||振り払い張付２||Shake mode 2 – Pikmin requirement||60|
|ip05||振り払い打撃Ｃ||Shake mode 3 – hit count||90|
|ip06||振り払い張付３||Shake mode 3 – Pikmin requirement||70|
|ip07||振り払い打撃Ｄ||Shake mode 4 – hit count||100|
|fp01||ベース係数||Unknown (base coefficient?)||1.4|
|fp02||上げ減速係数||Unknown (increase deceleration coefficient?)||-0.1|
|fp03||下げ加速係数||Unknown (lower acceleration factor?)||2|
|fp04||最低減加速係数||Unknown (minimum acceleration factor?)||-0.7|
|fp05||最高減加速係数||Unknown (maximum acceleration factor?)||10|
|fp06||足の振り上げ||Foot height when taking a step||80|
|fp11||ベース係数(s)||Unknown (base coefficient while rampaging?)||4|
|fp12||上げ減速係数(s)||Unknown (increase deceleration coefficient while rampaging?)||-0.3|
|fp13||下げ加速係数(s)||Unknown (lower acceleration factor while rampaging?)||2|
|fp14||最低減加速係数(s)||Unknown (minimum acceleration factor while rampaging?)||-1.7|
|fp15||最高減加速係数(s)||Unknown (maximum acceleration factor while rampaging?)||10|
|fp16||足の振り上げ(s)||Foot height when taking a step while rampaging||110|
|fp17||移動オフセット(s)||Unknown (movement offset? – seemingly unused)||50|
|fp20||通常移動時間||Unknown (normal travel time? – seemingly unused)||10|
|fp21||振払後移動時間||Unknown (travel time to shake?)||5|
- Size: Leg span: 270mm, as per the e-card
- Pikmin 2 Piklopedia number: #80
- Musical theme: Common boss battle
- See more: Arachnorb family#Naming.
- Common name: Raging Long Legs. It is distinguished from the Beady Long Legs with the word "raging", which may have been given because it goes into a rage fit when it takes heavy damage.
- Japanese nickname: ゾウノアシ?. It literally translates to "Foot of Elephant". This is apt, given that its feet are quite massive.
- Japanese name: スソビロツユハライ?, lit.: "Wide Hem Tsuyuharai".
- Scientific name: Pseudoarachnia furiendis. Pseudoarachnia is the genus of all known arachnorbs, and furiendis is similar to the Latin furor, which means rage, once again tying in to the creature's short temper.
- Internal names: Internally, the boss is known as
bigfoot, once more because of its large feet.
- Prerelease: None.
Names in other languages
Zou no Ashi
|French||Longues Jambes Géantes||Giant Long Legs|
|German||Weberwüterich||Weaving Brute, from "Weberknecht" (harvestman)|
|Italian||Longopede Furioso||Portmanteau of "lungo" (long) and "piede" (foot), and furious|
|Spanish (NoA)||Patas largas furibundo||Furious long legs|
A Raging Long Legs as it appears in Challenge Mode.
Raging Long Legs in Angle Maze, in 2-Player Battle.
The boss on an unused cave (
The creature's e-card, #31 (17th yellow card).
- The Raging Long Legs has the most health out of all creatures in Pikmin 2, even more than the final boss.
- The final Boss stil has the most total health however, deu to having multiple attack points that must be destroyed before being able to attack it directly.
- It can be implied that the Raging Long Legs is female, considering that Mitites are found inside of it subsequent times it is defeated – according to the Piklopedia entry for Mitites, they are parasitic creatures that spend their time inside the bodies of female hosts to lay their own eggs inside the host's ones.
- It is unclear how Louie developed the recipe for the Raging Long Legs, as it completely dissolves on its death.
- The Raging Long Legs, like the Beady Long Legs, does not technically have a falling animation; it immediately appears after the shadow "lands." 
- In the Pikmin 3 Deluxe Side Story Olimar's Comeback, there is a golden form of the Shaggy Long Legs that has noticeably bigger feet, similarly to the Raging Long Legs.