Since this subject has no official name, the name clog is conjectural.
A clog is an obstacle in Pikmin 2 and Hey! Pikmin that looks like a cracked rock and is used to block the entrance of caves and geysers, and to plug holes underwater so that areas remain flooded. They can be destroyed with Pikmin; often, only Blue Pikmin are able to approach them due to them being submerged. By destroying an underwater clog, a hole is opened up that drains the water from the surrounding area. However, clogs also appear on certain caves, and block the hole that leads to the next sublevel.
- Valley of Repose: drains lake that gives access to the main part of the area.
- Awakening Wood: drains the small lake behind the ship, providing a shortcut.
- Perplexing Pool: plugs the entrance to the Shower Room and drains the huge pond with the Toady Bloyster when destroyed.
- Wistful Wild: drains an area near the Burgeoning Spiderworts.
- In multiple caves, blocking entrances to the next sublevel.
- Snowfall Field
A clog blocking the entrance to the Shower Room.
The crack that is left on the floor after a clog is removed in Pikmin 2.
- In Pikmin 2's game files, the holes on the final sublevels of the Subterranean Complex, the Hole of Beasts and the Bulblax Kingdom are told to contain a clog. This setting is ignored however, as final sublevels don't have holes.
- By entering a cave just before a clog's destruction cutscene takes place, it is possible to bypass the cutscene and still have the clog count as being destroyed.
- YouTube video showing the effects of entering a cave just before the clog cutscene begins
Arachnode web • Bloominous Stemple • Bodies of water • Boulder • Bouncy Mushroom • Bridge (fragments, hay) • Burgeoning Spiderwort mold • Cardboard box (tin box) • Climbing stick • Clog • Cobblestone block • Conveyor belt • Crystals • Dirt block • Dirt mound • Electrical wire • Electrode • Fire geyser • Flames • Flukeweed (dam) • Gas pipe • Gates and walls • Geyser • Hydroe bramble • Iron ball • Iron block • Kingcap • Liftable rock • Lily pad • Paper bag • Pulley rock • Seesaw blocks (elevator platforms) • Spotcap • Trowel • Tunnel