|This ship part is required for the S.S. Dolphin to escape the planet.|
|Max. carriers||40 Pikmin|
|Location||The Forest Navel|
|Max. carriers||30 Pikmin|
|Mission||The Ship Restored|
The Analog Computer (アナログコンピュータ?, lit.: "Analog Computer") is a ship part in Pikmin. This part works with a spaceship's regular computer to make it smarter and have emotional complexity, making it quick to anger. It holds the kind of vague data that falls outside the range of ones and zeros. Captain Olimar compares this part to his boss. After being collected, this part does not change the S.S. Dolphin's appearance.
The Analog Computer also appears in Pikmin 3 Deluxe as part of the Hocotate ship in Olimar's Comeback, where it has a similar appearance with some changes. This Analog Computer has a blueish hue, a thicker base, and an inverted screen. It does not emit sonar pinging-like noises, and the antenna on top of it does not spin. It is worth × 700.
Collecting the part
The following article or section contains guides.
The Analog Computer is located in a puddle at the far end of the trail where the Libra is found. Blue Pikmin are needed to get it out of the puddle and Red Pikmin are needed to carry it through the fire geysers. It is possible to collect this part with only 20 Pikmin due to the Crimson Candypop Bud on the plateau near the ship part, but it is not recommended while speedrunning. Sometimes an Iridescent Flint Beetle can appear from under it when it is lifted.
In Pikmin 3 Deluxe
- See also: Baldy Long Legs strategy.
In Pikmin 3 Deluxe, this part is located in the Side Stories' final mission, The Ship Restored. Defeating the creatures near the start allows easy access to this mode's final boss: a golden Shaggy Long Legs (which holds the Nova Blaster) and a golden Baldy Long Legs (which holds the Analog Computer). The golden Baldy Long Legs is the first one to be encountered, and must be defeated to allow the part to be collected.
“I've found my Analog Computer!
This computer conveys the kind of vague data that falls outside the range of ones and zeros. Actually, to be honest, it's a little bit too vague, so it isn't very helpful.
This strengthens the outward emotions of the Dolphin's computer. While it does make the computer smart, it also makes it quick to anger. It's just like my boss.”
The Hocotate ship's Analog Computer being carried in The Ship Restored.
- In real life, an analog computer is a form of computer which utilizes continuously-changeable aspects of physical phenomena to model out problems. It should be noted that analog computers have gone out of style in favor of digital computers.
- The Analog Computer can be seen in the enemy reel while showing the Wollywogs. However, it is where the Anti-Dioxin Filter is found. It should be impossible for the part to get there in game, suggesting in an earlier version of the game, that the Analog Computer was found there.
- In the Japanese version, Olimar compares the analog computer to his wife.
- The appearance of the Analog Computer is similar to the arcade machine Computer Space.
Names in other languages
|French (NoA)||Ordinateur analogique||Analog computer|
|French (NoE)||Intelligence Artificielle||Artificial Intelligence|
|German||Analoger Computer||Analog Computer|
|Italian||Computer analogico||Analog computer|
|Korean||아날로그 컴퓨터||Analog Computer|
|Spanish||Sistema Analógico||Analog System|
|The Forest Navel|
Click an object