The Forest of Hope
|The Forest of Hope|
|Ship parts||8 (list)|
|Pikmin discovered||Yellow Pikmin|
|Requirements||Recover a ship part|
|Music||The Forest of Hope|
The Forest of Hope (希望の森?, lit.: "Forest of Hope") is the second playable area in Pikmin. On the area select map, it is the center of the vast forest in the game, and has eight ship parts scattered all over the area. Yellow Pikmin are first found in this area. This level would later become the Awakening Wood in Pikmin 2. There are 27 pellet posies in this area apon arrival, and only 19 after day 4.
Most of this area consists of vast plains with some gates and high walls that block the way. There is a small lake near the main plain. The most common enemies here are Red Bulborbs and Dwarf Red Bulborbs. This area contains an assortment of red and yellow pellets, as well as two bridges that can be built to gain access to a small piece of land containing the Sagittarius. Behind the stone wall at the landing area is a yellow 20 pellet on a high tree stump that requires Yellow Pikmin to reach. To the north is the arena where the Armored Cannon Beetle is fought and to the southwest is the ledge where the Burrowing Snagrets are.
The bomb-rocks in this area are located inside tin cans. The first one is near the great plain with Red Bulborbs, another one is near the place where the Yellow Onion is originally found. The last can is in the place where the Nova Blaster is found. On the first day the area is visited, some are found out of the cans, three resting in front of one of the stone walls that can be destroyed after obtaining Yellow Pikmin.
Although water defends access to the Geiger Counter, the Radiation Canopy, and the Sagittarius, it is possible to collect these parts with Yellow Pikmin; thus, the area can be completed uniquely with them.
In Challenge Mode, there are a lot more Bulborbs, and Spotty Bulbears can also be found where the Armored Cannon Beetle and Burrowing Snagrets are found in story mode (the former location also has a Pearly Clamclamp).
- Dwarf Red Bulborb × 11
- Red Bulborb × 7 (+2 starting day 5)
- Iridescent Flint Beetle × 2, starting day 3 (+1 starting day 6)
- Honeywisp × 3 (number needs to be checked)
- Female Sheargrub × 6 (+3 starting day 5)
- Male Sheargrub × 4 (+2 starting day 5)
- Wogpole × 4
- Armored Cannon Beetle × 1
- Burrowing Snagret × 3 (after the one with Geiger Counter is defeated, it never returns)
- Swooping Snitchbug × 1, starting day 15
To do: Finish the list.
Challenge Mode breakdown
|Red 1 pellets||2||6||12|
|Red 5 pellets||5||2||10|
|Red 10 pellets||10||1||10|
|Red 20 pellets||20||1||20|
|Yellow 1 pellets||2||6||12|
|Yellow 5 pellets||5||2||10|
|Yellow 10 pellets||10||1||10|
|Yellow 20 pellets||20||1||20|
|Blue 1 pellets||2||5||10|
|Blue 5 pellets||5||2||10|
|Blue 10 pellets||10||2||20|
|Blue 20 pellets||20||1||20|
|Dwarf Red Bulborb||4||19||76|
- Eternal Fuel Dynamo: After destroying the gate near the landing site, the part is in plain sight.
- Whimsical Radar: This part is beyond the reinforced gate beside the place where the Yellow Onion is first discovered, atop a ledge.
- Extraordinary Bolt: Slightly past the Whimsical Radar is a reinforced gate that guards this part.
- Nova Blaster: Going past the reinforced gate near the landing site, or past the resting spot of the Extraordinary Bolt, is a gate. Beyond this gate is the part, past a few Bulborbs.
- Shock Absorber: Going past the regular gate of the landing site is a small ledge containing a five pellet on day 2. This part is on the ledge, which Olimar can reach by going through a small body of water.
- Radiation Canopy: Beside the Nova Blaster are two gates, the first of which is submerged. This part is beyond both, guarded by an Armored Cannon Beetle (though not ingested by said enemy).
- Geiger Counter: By going to the place where Yellow Pikmin were discovered and turning left, it is possible to reach a reinforced wall. Going past this, a group of Bulborbs and a cardboard box leads to a ledge with three Burrowing Snagrets. The one closest to the far ledge has the part.
- Sagittarius: Directly beyond the landing site, through the regular gate exit, is a large pool of water. This part is on an island in the far end that can be accessed by building two bridges.
A nearby reinforced wall, still open.
Section where the Extraordinary Bolt can be found.
The area before the Armored Cannon Beetle arena.
The location of the Shock Absorber.
The bridges leading up to the Sagittarius.
The area before the Burrowing Snagret arena.
Preview image on the area selection menu.
- It is possible to complete this area in one day, as can be seen on low day runs.
- Blue Pikmin are not needed to complete the area. The bridge to the Sagittarius can be reached by non-Blue Pikmin, provided they're whistled to the island quickly enough, the gate leading to the Armored Cannon Beetle can be destroyed with bomb-rock Yellow Pikmin placed on top of the gate's structure, and the cardboard box before the Burrowing Snagrets can be pushed by throwing Pikmin on top of it, and moving them to the back of the box, or by simply using a long throw.
- In the late prototype stages of the game, a Puffstool was on the small plateau overlooking the lake in the place of the Burrowing Snagrets.
- The music in this area reappears in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, on the stages Distant Planet and Garden of Hope, respectively.
Names in other languages
|French (NoA)||La Forêt de l'espoir (area selection screen)
La Forêt de l'Espoir (loading screen)
|Forest of hope/Hope|
|French (NoE)||La Forêt de l'Espoir||The Forest of Hope|
|German||Wald der Hoffnung||Forest of Hope|
|Italian||Foresta Speranza||Hope Forest|
|Korean||희망의 숲||The Forest of Hope|
|Spanish (NoA)||El Bosque de la Esperanza||The Forest of Hope|
|Spanish (NoE)||El Bosque de la Esperanza||The Forest of Hope|
- YouTube video showing that the Forest of Hope will only unlock when the player has at least one ship part (at 04:42)
|The Forest of Hope|
Click an object
Click an area on the image