To do: Add references, because we need a lot of them here.
Hocotate (ホコタテ?) is the home planet of some of the leaders in the Pikmin franchise, particularly Captain Olimar and his family, as well as Louie. While no gameplay takes place on Hocotate, various information about the planet is known through notes and cutscenes. Life on Hocotate appears to be similar to life on Earth, though with some major differences.
Hocotate is a pink-colored planet with some blue and green patches, and possesses two intersecting planetary rings. Its exact location in the universe has yet to be specified, though it most likely takes place in a different star system from ours, as an incredibly bright star can be seen behind it. It is also said to be quite close to Koppai. In Olimar's voyage log, he explains that his family is probably gazing up at the planet's "pale red moon". This moon, along with another grayish moon, can be seen in the endings of Pikmin 2 and Hey! Pikmin. Hey! Pikmin depicts them with much brighter colors, with the gray moon now being blue (possibly implying water is there) with white clouds. Stars are visible from the planet's surface during the daytime, indicating a very transparent atmosphere. It is known that the concentration of oxygen on PNF-404 is toxic to Hocotatians, so the concentration on Hocotate must be much lower.
The green and blue coloring of the planet in Hey! Pikmin likely indicates it is covered with plant life and water. However, what is seen on its surface indicates at least part of the planet is desert-like, though the President notes a location known as the "Hocotate Swamp". Hocotate Freight appears to be in or near a built-up area, which suggests that at least some of Hocotate may be densely populated. Olimar's wife and son mentions "hot springs" in some letters, indicating that geothermally heated water exists in the planet's crust. Olimar's family also mentions a beach, suggesting that the planet has at least one ocean.
The atmosphere of Hocotate is known to be different from PNF-404 and Koppai, as oxygen is known to be extremely poisonous to its dominant life form, the Hocotatian. The planet shows some signs of flora growing on its surface, including vegetables such as Pikpik carrots, which the planet is famous for, according to Brittany. Also according to the Koppaites, a Hocotatian's diet consists mainly of vegetables, although meat consumption is not unusual. It is unknown what gases are used to cultivate these foods. These foods consist of the Hocotatian versions of potatoes, avocados, limes, and lemons (for flavoring) as they're mentioned in his cooking tips. Interestingly, these plants can be found as treasures and fruits on PNF-404, although the food they're referring to is likely different from these. A fruit not found in Pikmin 3 that Olimar mentions is tangerines, which he even says to be his favorite fruit. Mayonnaise also seems to be frequently used in Hocotatian meals, indicating that many other ingredients exist there as well. Olimar recognizing treasures in the Sweet Tooth Series as sugary treats means that similar desserts must exist on his home planet. Supporting this, Louie mentions dark chocolate and applying sugar in another one of his notes. Olimar also misidentifies a metal nut for a "Metal Bagel" missing poppy seeds, meaning Hocotatian-sized bagels are common food there. Olimar even reveals in a log that Hocotate has an abundance of food, though this may just be in contrast to PNF-404's and the Hey! Pikmin planet's food supplies.
Bulbie, Olimar's pet, is known to be similar to a Bulborb, and its species take on a role similar to Earthling dogs. The President mentions trees, edible grass, and wild animals, apparently covered with hair. A few exotic green plants with twisting, vine like branches can be seen in Pikmin 2's intro as well.
Louie hints that chickens, pigs, and sheep are life-forms on the planet that are regularly eaten. Cheese is also mentioned repeatedly, indicating that dairy producing animals live there. Hocotatian bears seem to exist as well, based on the name of the Fossilized Ursidae and Olimar's notes on the Flying Spotted Jellyfloat. Olimar mentions mice, as well as bothersome mosquitoes and flies that are regularly swatted off there. He also mentions fish and jellyfish, that likely live in Hocotate's visible oceans. Even carnivorous dinosaurs are said to have once roamed on Hocotate. It isn't completely clear if these creatures are from their own planet, or a different one. They still seem familiar to Hocotatians though, so it's safe to assume they're found on Hocotate.
Whether any of these life forms actually look like their counterparts on Earth or look wildly different is also unknown, given that Bulbie is mentioned to be a dog, yet is said to resemble a Bulborb more than a real-world dog.
Hocotatians are seemingly the dominant species of Hocotate. They are first referred to as "Hocotatians" in the Hocotate ship's announcement of the Massive Receptacle Series, and are called by this name frequently in Pikmin 3. They are about the size of a nickel (~2cm, ~0.7in), and appear to be more advanced than humans, and have superior, or at least equal intelligence. They are capable of efficient extraterrestrial exploration and interaction, and use devices far beyond the current technology of humans. Their primary means of communication is speech, and they are able to read and write. It's also possible that they may be related to Koppaites because they share a similar appearance and either speak the same language or can understand each other's languages. On the logo for Hocotate Freight, the letters look very similar to the English alphabet. If Hocotatians and Koppaites can indeed speak the same language, Koppaite text may be an alternate form of writing that the Hocotatians do not use.
Hocotatians bare multiple resemblances to humans, including expressing human-like emotions. Physically, Hocotatians have a humanoid shape, the main differences being a larger head-to-body ratio, much larger noses, and different eyes. Their respiratory system also works differently from humans. While oxygen is one of the keys to human survival, it is incredibly toxic to the Hocotatians. Unfortunately, PNF-404's atmosphere contains high amounts of oxygen, thus prohibiting its exploration without the aid of spacesuits.
Hocotatian eyes change shape to show emotions and to accommodate their normally-invisible eyebrows. In a "neutral" state, the pupil is heavily dilated and stretched horizontally, giving their eyes the appearance of being entirely black, which can make the eye look like it's closed. When surprised, the Hocotatian's pupils shrink and expose their irises, making them more closely resemble humans' eyes. This can be seen most notably with Louie in some cutscenes in Pikmin 2: in the opening cutscene, when Louie sees the souvenir and hears the ship's analysis, as well as in the cutscene where he sees the first Red Pikmin sprout, his "normal" eyes can be seen, and his eyebrows pop out too. The Pikmin 2 cutscene shown after completing the debt shows the pupil expanding gradually, instead of instantly. In the Super Smash Bros. series, Olimar's eyes will pop out when he is hit by a strong attack.
Some Hocotatians, mostly Olimar's family besides himself, often have curved eyes in arch shapes, displaying joy. The President is seen with a similar expression too, in the mail from Pikmin 2. The near-opposite goes for sad emotions, wheres their eyes droop down like an upside-down arch.
Lots of the technology is shown to be very advanced, with particles such as gluons in use (evidenced by the Gluon Drive ship part in Pikmin), a source of endless energy (the Eternal Fuel Dynamo), some sort of machine with the ability to control "parallel dimensions" (mentioned in the ship's dialog after collecting The Key) and a weapon that can destroy objects as large as stars (the Nova Blaster). Some of these mentioned ship part capabilities might be exaggerations, however.
Many Hocotatians seem to study science, as Olimar mentions a scientific community throughout his notes.
In his notes on the Common Glowcap, he mentions that the plant's luminescence is caused by a chemical element called "Hocotatium 111" approaching critical mass. This implies that the plant is using nuclear fission to produce light. No element with an atomic mass of 111 is capable of sustaining a nuclear fission chain reaction, so the element is unrealistic.
Strangely, Olimar's notes in Pikmin 2 say that the technology behind a light bulb (the Stellar Orb) and a match (the Flame of Tomorrow) is completely unknown to his people. This is probably a mistake.
Some Hocotatians also seem to study in a degree of paleontology, the study of fossil remains and plants. This is later supported in Hey! Pikmin, where Olimar mentions dinosaur remains. It is not completely clear that there are paleontologists on Hocotate, or another planet. However, since all treasures in Pikmin 2 are to be sold back on Hocotate, it is most likely that Hocotatian paleontologists are the audience they are targeting. A similar field of science is xenoarcheology, the study of extraterrestrial and alien remains. It is mentioned in Hey! Pikmin, when Olimar finds remains that he mistakes for alien life on the planet in that game. This may suggest Hocotatians have explored other planets where they have found alien remnants. Botany also seems to be a study on Hocotate based on the ship's announcement for the Xenoflora Series.
Hocotatians also have knowledge of some simple transportation, such as bicycles. Another log reveals that Olimar has rode some kind of vehicle with his wife, although it is unclear what it is. However, it seems like the vehicle he is speaking of is a bicycle, as the seemingly two-wheeled treasure he picked up reminds him of the ride.
In another one of Olimar’s notes, he mentions a toy car, so it can be assumed that actual cars exist on Hocotate as well. Another treasure reminds Olimar of a jet with passenger seating, meaning that airplane flight is common there.
Along with the toy car mentioned previously, movies and video games seem to be common things used for recreation. Additionally, nearly the entire Dream Series is meant to be sold to Hocotate as toys, such as the Favorite Gyro Block, which is targeted for toy makers. It is likely there are factories that help produce these toys.
Hocotatians also seem to believe in astrology, and in a similar way to humans on Earth, given that Olimar mentions the Libra star sign on its monolog. The name of the Sagittarius ship part also supports the existence of human-like astrology in Hocotate.
Hocotate is shown to be commercialized; it makes use of the Poko, a small coin that resembles those from the Mario series. Items from PNF-404 are considered extremely valuable treasures worth a particularly large amount of Pokos, which enables Olimar and Louie to pay off their company's debt of 10,100 Pokos. (For comparison, 100 Pokos is "more than a year's salary", according to the President in the introduction cutscene of Pikmin 2.) A mayor of Hocotate is alluded in Olimar's notes once, though his status in Hocotatian government is unknown. The President also mentions that people from the government offices have kicked him out from under a bridge he was living under while he hiding from debt collectors.
There are several companies known on Hocotate, such as the Pilot Union. Not much is known about it, however Olimar mentions his boss as the head of the Pilot Union, somebody who orders people around. What relation this has to the President and Hocotate Freight, if any, is not known, nor if the union exists in the present day, considering Olimar uses the word "was" at one point when referring to the boss. There is also a company called Hocotate Whiz that helps people switch jobs.
"Happy Hocotate Savings and Loan" is another Hocotate company with which the President attempts to take out a loan in Pikmin 2 to cover for the lost shipment of golden Pikpik carrots. It is later revealed in one of his letters to Olimar that, instead, he has accidentally taken out a loan with the shop just next door, the "All-Devouring Black Hole Loan Sharks", which forces him to go into hiding.
The name "Hocotate" actually comes from Nintendo of Japan's headquarters' address: 11-1, Kamitoba-hokotate-cho. While it has never been pronounced in English in canon media, it has been pronounced in several official sources.
- In Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, in Olimar's Palutena's Guidance conversation, Palutena pronounces the planet's name /ˈhoʊkətɑːteɪ/ (HOE-kuh-tah-tay). However, Super Smash Bros. games are non-canon.
- Captain Charlie can be heard saying the planet's name in the ending cutscene of Pikmin 3. Likewise, when Brittany collects the data file on the path to the Armored Mawdad, the word Hocotate can be heard among the Koppaite language while reacting to Olimar's journal entry. However, in both cases the actual language heard being spoken by the characters is unknown.
- In Pikmin 3's Bingo Battle, if the red team (Captain Olimar's team) is one point away from winning, Pikmin will be heard in the background cheering for Hocotate, although it is unknown how faithful Pikmin sounds are to the pronunciation of certain words.
- In a trailer for Hey! Pikmin it is pronounced /ˈhoʊkoʊtɑːteɪ/ (HOE-koh-tah-tay).
Names in other languages
|Planet Hokotate; see above|
|Dutch||Planeet Hocotate||Planet Hocotate|
|French||La planète Hocotate||The planet Hocotate|
|German||Planet Hocotate||Planet Hocotate|
|Italian||Pianeta Hocotate||Planet Hocotate|
|Spanish||Planeta Hocotate||Planet Hocotate|
|Hocotate||From Super Smash Bros. Ultimate|
The intro cinematic of the S.S. Dolphin being revoked in Pikmin 2.
The planet's appearence in Hey! Pikmin's end credits.
- ^ “...Hocotate? I think that's near Koppai.” – Alph after reading a data file in Pikmin 3
- ^ “Because of Hocotate's proximity to Koppai, the planet has always been an interest of mine.” – A miscellaneous voyage log in Pikmin 3
- ^ “Looking from this planet into the skies above, I see the pale white moon floating overhead. It brings to mind memories of the moon from back home. I bet that even now my wife and children are sitting at home, gazing up at our pale red moon... Hang on, dear ones! Your Olimar will return some day!” – Captain Olimar in a voyage log
- ^ “To make matters worse, my atmospheric sensors indicate this planet's environment contains high levels of poisonous oxygen.” – Captain Olimar, an Hocotatian in the introductory monolog
- ^ “The creatures of this planet breathe a deadly poisonous gas: oxygen. At present, my space suit can filter the oxygen out, but if the batteries for my life-support system should fail... I shudder to think about it.” – Captain Olimar, an Hocotatian in a miscellaneous voyage log
- ^ “I have a regrettable message. I have been caught. If I don't pay off the company debt right away, I'm to be buried in Hocotate Swamp. It's bleak here... Hurry!” – The President in a letter
- ^ “We received yet another special bonus! I've come to love you all anew! I decided to take the kids to the hot springs. We'll have enough fun for you too, so don't worry!” – Olimar's wife in a letter
- ^ “Papa! Thanks! There were so many cute girls at the hot springs! I was a little nervous, but I got over it. Next time, you totally have to come with us! We'll have so much fun!” – Olimar's son in a letter
- ^ “Hey, hon! I'm on a solo vacation right now. Beach by day, theater at night. Ahhh, life is grand! And don't worry, the kids are in school every night until 10! Wheeeeee!” – Olimar's wife in a letter
- ^ “Vegetables, fruit, meat... He'll eat anything. Incredibly adaptable...” – Alph in a check-in conversation regarding Louie's diet
- ^ “To prep the tongue for cooking, marinate in olive oil and chop into cubes. Stir in a pot with carrots, potatoes, and chives, cover, and simmer over low heat for several hours. Accompany this mouthwatering, rustic stew with a hearty roll.” – Louie in his notes on the Emperor Bulblax
- ^ a b “Spread several specimens in the bottom of a casserole dish and layer with sliced avocado. Bake until the meat is choice and the cheese is lusciously browned.” – Louie in his notes on the Male Sheargrub
- ^ a b “Plump specimens are best spit-roasted whole, stuffed with a lime and a slab of bacon. Baste frequently to ensure a magnificently moist haunch.” – Louie in his notes on the Red Bulborb
- ^ “Slice the meat into tender cutlets and vigorously apply a lime and pepper rub. Panfry until lightly crusted. Accompany with watercress and drizzle with freshly prepared tamarind sauce.” – Louie in his notes on the Decorated Cannon Beetle
- ^ “Remove all of the bulborb's hair, wrap the beast in foil along with a halved lemon, and place it directly on the grill. The foil should protect the carcass from scorching, and the lemon will give the meat an elegant hint of citrus.” – Louie in his notes on the Hairy Bulborb
- ^ “Wonderful news! I found a tube filled with tangerines, my favorite fruit, compressed into a juicy paste! But I only got a taste before the S.S. Dolphin II rushed in to tell me it wasn't food. Funny, it didn't smell like paint to me.” – Captain Olimar in his notes on the Tangerine Paste
- ^ “We return from our mission successful in retrieving _ pieces of edible matter! We picked up a stray Hocotatian as well, so we're on our way to drop him off. He won't stop talking about adding something called "mayonnaise" to vegetables to make them taste good. It'll take another food crisis for me to find out if he's right. I hope I never see this "mayonnaise"...” – Brittany in a voyage log
- ^ “Grate this beast into a zest and whisk with sugar, cream, and chopped dark chocolate for a lusciously indulgent mousse that's a true culinary coup de grace!” – Louie in Louie's notes on the Shearwig
- ^ “Bagels are always nice when they're chewy, but I'd crack my teeth on this metal treat. Besides, whoever left this behind scraped off all the poppy seeds. People can be so mean.” – Captain Olimar in his notes on the Metal Bagel
- ^ “Despite the name, it's a closer relation to the Mockiwi. It is docile in nature and does not attack deliberately. My guess is that its long legs evolved to grant it access to food in hard-to-reach places. Is the abundence of convenient food the reason my species has such short, stubby legs?” – Captain Olimar in his notes on the Elongated Crushblat
- ^ “Today, I tried building a small room at the top of a tree. It reminded me of my younger days, when I lived in a little shed. Those memories help make this bearable.” – The President in mail
- ^ “I found some tasty grass today. It was the first time in a while that I could eat until I was full. I've become one heck of a grass and root chef... Maybe I'll write a book.” – The President in mail
- ^ “Some wild animals are nesting under the bridge now. They think I'm their pal or something. My stylish suits are covered with hair. I'm pitiful... but at least they're warm...” – The President in mail
- ^ “Inedible. Tastes like chicken.” – Louie in his notes on the Mamuta
- ^ “The search for a gourmet, high-protein salad-topping alternative to bacon bits is over! Grind this spicy dweevil into tasty micro-chunks and toss them generously over your salad to add instant flair AND flavor!” – Louie in his notes on the Fiery Dweevil
- ^ “Sun-dry the leaves for several days, then grind them with a mortar and pestle. The resulting herb grants an aromatic, earthy flavor to mutton and poultry dishes.” – Louie in his notes on the Fiddlehead
- ^ “Like a fine cheese, the aroma of this fluid floater can be oppressive, but its flavor must be experienced to be believed. Also makes an unforgettable nondairy spread!” – Louie in his notes on the Greater Spotted Jellyfloat
- ^ “Best grilled and served hot over a bed of fresh spinach and crumbled blue cheese.” – Louie in his notes on the Snow Bulborb
- ^ “Most of the time, it floats peacefully in midair, but it will not hesitate to squish any threats. My wife has a similar "mama bear" quality to her.” – Captain Olimar in his notes on the Flying Spotted Jellyfloat
- ^ “My first impression was that this was a vehicle of some sort, but the S.S. Dolphin II claims that it was once a mouse. I can almost see it: the cranial ridge, the extended jawbone... Yes, now that I think about it more, this is clearly the skull of some enormous rodent. I'm glad I can always rely on the S.S. Dolphin II to steer me right.” – Captain Olimar in his notes on the Giant Rodent Skull
- ^ “This seems to be a gentle, flower-loving creature, but if angered, it is fierce. Its mighty open-handed smack... It reminds me of the time back home when a mosquito landed on my head, and my wife tried to get it...” – Captain Olimar in a voyage log entry
- ^ “Its wide frame and solid construction make it perfect for smacking down pesky flies. Oh! Is an abundance of this tool the reason I haven't seen any normal-sized flies on this planet?” – Captain Olimar in Olimar's notes on the Flysmacker
- ^ “Mystical symbols are engraved on many of the objects on this planet. Unfortunately I am not able to read them thus far. But on this container here, I can see the picture of a fish. I'm pretty sure this means... Oh no, I'm hungry again!” – Captain Olimar in his notes on the Container of Sea Bounty
- ^ “The picture on this canister leads me to the conclusion that this is a fish tank. The S.S. Dolphin II said that what's inside is yummy to gnaw. Which I thought was an odd way to say that.” – Captain Olimar in his notes on the Ultra-Sealed Aquarium
- ^ “Vivid pink coloration is the most noticeable characteristic of this floating life-form. This immigrant species is not native to the region, having appeared to have recently arrived on wind currents. The luminescent organ in its head attracts prey, which it then sucks up and consumes with its lower orifice. Unlike jellyfish, the jellyfloat's tentacles do not have nematocysts, so there is no danger in touching them.” – Captain Olimar in his notes on the Greater Spotted Jellyfloat
- ^ a b c “What a find! This should rock the field of xenoarchaeology to its core! Everyone thinks of dinosaurs as vicious predators, but these teeth clearly indicate a plant-eating creature. The S.S. Dolphin II has no record of this species, so that means I discovered it! That means they'll name it after me in the textbooks, right? The Olimasaurus... No, the Olimaceratops... No, wait...” – Captain Olimar in his notes on the Herbivore Molars
- ^ “To make matters worse, my atmospheric sensors indicate this planet's environment contains high levels of poisonous oxygen.” – Captain Olimar in his monologs in Pikmin
- ^ “This object seems familiar. I will combine it with the president's parallel-dimension controller.” – The Hocotate Ship in its dialog after collecting The Key
- ^ “Awash in color and sugars, this item makes an ideal home for many insect species. I am sure this is valuable to the scientific community, but it has little value as a commodity.” – The Hocotate Ship in its pitch for the Insect Condo
- ^ “This species of the arachnorb family fuses with machinery at a crucial point in the maturation process, giving it the ability to fire energy bursts from the launcher beneath its orbular torso. However, the man-at-legs itself is not in control of this weapon. Instead, the mechanical portions of its structure appear to automatically acquire and attack targets. The man-at-legs has a gentle disposition, and as a member of the arachnorb species, it has no natural enemies. It is particularly difficult to understand why this species would develop such awesome offensive capabilities, leading to rumors among the scientific community that it was the machinery that approached the arachnorb and proposed the symbiotic relationship.” – Captain Olimar in Olimar's notes on the Man-at-Legs
- ^ “You've collected the Paleontology Series! Who knows what beasts left these behind?” – The Hocotate ship in its announcement for the Paleontology Series
- ^ “You've collected the Xenoflora Series! Botanists will fog their spectacles over these wonders.” – The Hocotate ship in its announcement for the Xenoflora Series
- ^ “I returned to the landing site after today's exploration and found the Pikmin clearing weeds and pulling up stones! Their diligence is a constant surprise. Maybe I'm just a good leader? Anyway, I found this object that looks like a useless bicycle. Throw it on the Sparklium pile, I suppose.” – Captain Olimar in his notes on the Ornamental Cycle
- ^ “This must be a two-wheel vehicle. Or half of a full one. It does remind me of riding along with my dear wife—just the two of us, singing a song, happy together. Much like being with Pikmin!” – Captain Olimar in his notes on the Dual Wheeler
- ^ “My daughter said she wanted to be treated like her mom, so I got her a fancy dress. She said, "No, like MOM!" so I bought her a toy car to drive. She threw a fit. I couldn't tell where I was going wrong. When I mentioned it to my wife, she laughed and said, "She wanted you to give her a hug." Just like me to get the simplest things all twisted up!” – Captain Olimar in his notes on the Twisty Pick
- ^ “I'm not easily surprised, but this one bowled me over! The passenger seating proves that this planet was host to people smaller than I am! I must be very careful where I walk from now on...” – Captain Olimar in his notes on the Tiny Jumbo Jet
- ^ “I once dreamed of being a movie star known for all sorts of roles. But really, I already play many roles: Hocotate Freight employee, husband, father, and on my best days, master to my dog.” – Captain Olimar in his notes on the Metamorphocistern
- ^ “This object must have been manufactured long ago by some kind of machine. Back then, they didn't have the fun toys kids have these days. My son is a video game addict, but I'm terrible at them! He teases me about it all the time. Wait... I've got it! Louie's young... He must be a video game wizard! He can give me some hot tips!” – Captain Olimar in his notes on the Repair Juggernaut
- ^ “Children throughout the universe are captivated by the very thought of this cool blue disc. Hocotate toy makers are swampred with orders for this popular item.” – The Hocotate Ship in its sales pitch for the Favorite Gyro Block
- ^ “I've found my Libra! My daughter gave this to me. It's named after her astrological sign.” – Captain Olimar in his monolog after founding his Libra
- ^ “Grassy plains and meadows on this planet are carpeted with brilliantly colored flowers in bloom. When I entered the atmosphere on my descent from space, I was stunned by the vibrant sight. The other day, a group of white Pikmin under my command detected an object buried under the surface and immediately began to dig up this colossal flower bulb. Somehow, it hadn't yet sprouted into a towering flower. I plan to take it back to Hocotate and grow it there! My people will hail me as a botanical genius...and the mayor may even make me Supreme Flower Commander!” – Captain Olimar in Olimar's notes on the Pilgrim Bulb
- ^ “Today, a group from the government offices paid me a visit. They kicked me out from under the bridge as if I were trash. The animals left... I have nowhere left to turn...” – the President in a letter
- ^ “When I am surrounded by legions of Pikmin, I always picture the face of my boss, the head of Pilot Union. He was always so sharp-tongued with his orders, but I imagine he must have felt much the way that I do now. It's funny, how a change in perspective can bring with it a deeper understanding of others” – Captain Olimar in Olimar's voyage log
- ^ “Would you like to find the new you? If you're thinking about changing jobs, let Hocotate Whiz do the work for you! See http://www.nintendo.com” – ***SPAM?*** in spam mail
- ^ “Baby steps first, Olimar! Plan well, and don't worry about me. Our debt is with Happy Hocotate Savings & Loan, after all. Besides, there's nothing left to repossess, so HA!” – the President in a letter
- ^ “Olimar! Terrible news! I thought I went to Happy Hocotate Savings & Loan, but it seems my loan came from the shop next door: All-Devouring Black Hole Loan Sharks! Oops!” – President in a letter
- ^ “Olimar! You're my hero! You've erased half of our debt. Still, things have become a bit dangerous, so I'm going into hiding. Focus on work...and don't slack off!” – President in a letter
- ^ “Hello... I am still on the lam from debt collectors. For the time being, I've decided to live under the bridge, but if they catch me, I don't know what they'll do to me...” – President in a letter
- ^ YouTube video of the Hey! PIKMIN Lift-Off Trailer