To do: Add sources. A lot of them.
There are some minor characters mentioned in the Pikmin franchise, but are never given any more importance to the plot than the main leaders and other similar characters. Some of these supporting characters include family members to the main cast. Because some of these are only briefly mentioned, little is known about them, such as their name.
- 1 Olimar's family
- 2 Louie's family
- 3 The President's family
- 4 Alph's family
- 5 Brittany's family
- 6 Charlie's family
- 7 Spammers
- 8 Names in other languages
- 9 See also
- 10 References
Olimar's known family consists of his wife, his son, his daughter, and his pet, Bulbie. Since Olimar works for Hocotate Freight, it seems he gets little time to spend with his family. In Pikmin 3, he addresses this by stating that he will take his whole family on a vacation when he gets home. Judging from the Pikmin 2 mail, it seems that Olimar's family has no responsibility for handling money, because they spend Olimar's bonuses on things like trips to the hot springs, and his son states that he should send in a bonus check for a spam mail offer.
|Age||Adulthood (age unknown)|
|Known related characters||Olimar (husband), son, daughter, Bulbie (pet)|
|Latest game||Pikmin 3|
Olimar's wife is a woman who cares much about her kids, but irresponsible when it comes to money. When Olimar's special bonuses arrive at his house, she often uses the money to buy her kids what they have been wanting. However, it seems that money can make the best of her. Whenever the bonuses come in, she seems to get stricter on her kids, and might be lacking in common sense, as Olimar's son states that she wants things like sending Bulbie to the circus. It is stated that she goes to beaches and theaters all day until the kids come home.
At one point, she tried to apply for a part-time job, but got rejected in favor of younger employees. After she wastes money buying lottery tickets, she realizes the mistake she made, and loosens back up into her former self. After time has passed, she pleads for Olimar to come home (very lovingly), promising his favorite meal – pikpik carrot soup. According to Olimar's log in Pikmin 3, he seems to trust her more than Louie.
In Pikmin 2, her age becomes indirectly noted, given that Olimar mentions his wife's wrinkles – a sign of elderhood. He plans to take her on vacation to calm her down. At some point after collecting all 201 treasures in Pikmin 2, she will send a repeating message asking Olimar to come home. The only way to stop these messages is to open a new save file.
Olimar's wife, as seen in the mail of Pikmin 2.
|Age||Adolescence (age unknown)|
|Known related characters||Olimar (father), mother, sister, Bulbie (pet)|
|Latest game||Pikmin 3|
Olimar's son is a standard young boy. He seems to be fascinated by his father's adventures, and seems to envy him. He is addicted to video games, and enjoys them more than studying, in contrast to Olimar's daughter. Judging by some of his mail, he must be in his teenager years, and is anxious with girls. He always yearns for his father to come home, and doesn't like it when his mother becomes strict because of the pay bonuses, asking his father to come home to fix the mess. He seems to be easily won over, as he asks if he should send in Olimar's bonus check for a piece of spam mail.
Olimar's son is also known to have gifted his father the Sagittarius. Because of this, some fans nickname the boy "Sagittarius".
Olimar's son as he appears in the mail of Pikmin 2.
|Age||Childhood or adolescence (age unknown)|
|Known related characters||Olimar (father), mother, brother, Bulbie (pet)|
|Latest game||Pikmin 3|
Olimar's daughter is seen only wearing a pink suit with a hood of sorts, and has little personality. In her mail she sends in Pikmin 2, she discusses briefly how she is being pressured to become a proper lady, and asks Olimar what she should do. She also speaks about how Olimar's wife has changed during the absence of her husband. She attends some school on Hocotate, based on the fact that her mother gets strict about her writing and studying. She also appears to like jewelry, as noted by Olimar on some treasures.
Olimar's daughter is known to have gifted the Libra to her father, and that the Libra is her astrological sign. Because of this, some fans give her the nickname "Libra". She also appears as a sticker in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The sticker increases Pikmin attack damage by 7%.
Olimar's daughter as seen in the mail in Pikmin 2.
Bulbie is Olimar's pet. He is the Hocotatian form of a dog. He is briefly mentioned in Pikmin, and is described to physically resemble a Bulborb in Pikmin 2 and is very lazy.. According to Olimar's son, he gets thin after they forget to feed him, and he later eats many pikpik carrots and returns to normal. It is also mentioned that Olimar's wife threatens to send Bulbie away to the circus at one point.
Olimar's mother and father are briefly mentioned in his notes on the Priceless Statue and Worthless Statue, respectively. Olimar sees his father as slightly worthless and, at a first glance being impressive, but being considered "cheap" upon closer inspection. Olimar's mother is reminisced by him when writing the notes for the Priceless Statue, and notes how the treasure is similar to a gift he once gave her for Mother's Day. Although he likes her, he admits there are times where he is not fond of her. Finally, the notes on the Taste Sensation also mention Olimar's mother, in that Olimar describes the treasure's taste to be similar to something his mother has cooked for him by hand.
Three members of Louie's family are alluded to in Pikmin 2: his father, his aunt, and his grandmother. Only his grandmother speaks at all through mail, and none of them have nearly as much development as the members of Olimar's family. All of them, however, seem to be quite fond of bugs.
|Age||Old age (age unknown)|
|Known related characters||Louie (grandson)|
|First game||Pikmin 2|
|Latest game||Pikmin 2|
Louie's grandmother shows a lot of love for Louie, as well as a lot of concern as he is missing for part of Pikmin 2. In her mail, she describes fond memories of Louie as a boy and how bugs loved him (or rather, loved biting him). She also talks about how she made Louie eat bugs and how he loves pikpik carrots, and she apparently sends preserved bug food with her mail, though it is never actually seen or detailed. After all the treasures in the game have been collected, Louie's grandmother sends one final message, in which she shows her pride in how Louie has become an "extraordinary man".
Though it is never mentioned in-game that this character is his grandma, in the game's files, the icon for her mails have the file name
luibaba, "baba" meaning grandmother, and "lui" referring to Louie. The age shown on her portrait further hints at the possibility of her being his grandmother. It appears as though she is not alone, given how at one point she uses the term "we" in one of her mails.
Louie's father has no known personality and is mentioned only briefly in an mail from Louie's grandmother:“
Louie's aunt is only briefly mentioned by The President, who refers to her as Louie's "auntie". She is mentioned to have sent some cookies to The President, but no other notes are made of her.“
The President's family
The President has only one known member in his family, his wife.
The President's wife
|The President's wife|
|Name||The President's wife|
|Age||Adulthood (age unknown)|
|Known related characters||The President (husband)|
|First game||Pikmin 2|
|Latest game||Pikmin 2|
The President's wife is quite a sassy woman. She reveals to constantly be yelling at her husband for loafing around. In her mail, she refers to herself as "the REAL boss" of Hocotate Freight, and sends the President mail stating that his report is wrong. She also reveals that the ship sends her a report at the end of every day, and says that the ship knows that she is the real boss. Currently, it cannot be confirmed if her claims about being the real boss are just insults and that she is not really the boss, or if she speaks the truth and is the actual leader. There is also the possibility that she is actually an equal-parts co-owner of the company, and claims the things she does due to working harder than her husband.
During the President's absence, she begins turning the company around for the better. Once all the treasures are retrieved, she thanks her husband and says she sees him "in a new light". This implies that she is very responsible about work.
Alph has only one known important member in his family: his grandfather, Drake. Alph talks about him sometimes while aboard the S.S. Drake. He also has many siblings.
Very little is known about Drake. All that is known about him is that he designed the S.S. Drake and that he knows about some of Hocotate's history. Other than that, it is said that Alph spent a lot of time with his grandfather as a child. As a result, he looks up to Drake as a role model.
Because Drake's name begins with D, some fans believe that this would be the name of the fourth playable leader, had the developers not cut the character off during development.
Alph also has twelve older brothers, one older sister, and one younger brother. Alph mentioned how his older sister used to always share food with him even when it was scarce. Other than that, Alph doesn't talk much about them.
Brittany also has only one known member of her family – Auntie Bea.
Auntie Bea is Brittany's aunt. She is known for her famous fruit pastries on Koppai. Auntie Bea's hair is similar to the color of the Dusk Pustules, and in Brittany's notes on the same fruit, she states that to be a "rebellious streak", implying most Koppaites don't have that color of hair naturally. Auntie Bea's nose is similar in shape to the Tremendous Sniffer, and she is the envy of the family because of her nose. She treated Brittany with lots of love, giving her sweets and such, and Brittany likes her because of it.
None of Charlie's blood relatives are ever mentioned, but a pet is mentioned; in the US version it is a dog, while in the European version, it is a pet duck named Elizabeth. Alph also mentions that he's not sure if Charlie is married or not.
In the US version, Brittany mentions that Charlie has a pet dog when she takes notes on the Dawn Pustules. Charlie apparently painted his dog to match his favorite color – the shade of green seen on his spacesuit. Unlike with Bulbie, this pet is directly stated to be a dog, so Koppai must have animal species similar to those of Earth, at least in theory.
In the European version, there is no mention of a dog at all. Instead, in one "Talk" section where Alph asks Charlie who "Elizabeth" is, Charlie explains that Elizabeth is his pet duck with which he shares a strong bond with and that he considers her his soulmate. Again, this pet is directly stated to be a duck, so together with Charlie's rubber ducky and Brittany's mention of geese, Koppai must have animal species that closely resembles those of Earth.
There are five characters in Pikmin 2 that send spam e-mails after the debt has been repaid. The icons for these characters merely show a silhouette, leaving their appearances mostly unknown. They all attempt to advertise one thing or another, and include a real-world Internet address in their messages, for the players themselves to visit.
The first spam message the player will receive is from a person who is apparently very lonely and wants a friend to listen to their troubles. Based on the shady outline, this character is probably female.
The second spam message is from someone talking about saving tons of Pokos through bargains and cut-rate prices. Olimar's son also mentions that he received a similar message, and asks Olimar if he should send his bonus check.
The third spam message is received after Louie has been recovered. The sender talks about some device that accordingly "slices... dices... plays videogames... sends mail... wraps gifts" and "cures snoring".
The fourth spam message talks about changing jobs, and finding "the new you". It advertises an unseen company known as Hocotate Whiz.
The fifth and final spam message is received after all the treasures have been collected. It advertises music. It speaks of "Pikpik's greatest hits", implying that there is a band on Hocotate by the name of Pikpik.
Names in other languages
|Spanish||Bulby||Similar to English name|
- “Hey, you should know... I didn't get that part-time job. That stupid store is only hiring teenagers who wear too much makeup, apparently. Maybe I need a new look or something.” – Olimar's wife in a letter
- “Papa! No fair! No fair! You snuck off and went on an expedition without me! You have to promise to absolutely, positively take me next time! Say it! Say you PROOOOOMISE!” – Olimar's son in a letter
- “This object must have been manufactured long ago by some kind of machine. Back then, they didn't have the fun toys kids have these days. My son is a video game addict, but I'm terrible at them! He teases me about it all the time. Wait... I've got it! Louie's young... He must be a video game wizard! He can give me some hot tips!” – Captain Olimar on the Repair Juggernaut in his journal
- “Papa! There's this girl at school who's kind of nice, and I've been bragging all about you to her. So, I need you to bring me back the coolest souvenir ever!” – Olimar's son in a letter
- “Papa! Thanks! There were so many cute girls at the hot springs! I was a little nervous, but I got over it. Next time, you totally have to come with us! We'll have so much fun!” – Olimar's son in a letter
- “Papa! Hurry up and come home! Mama is so nuts! Every day, she orders me to study, study, study! She’s even thinking about sending our dog, Bulbie, to the circus! Help!” – Olimar's son in a letter
- “This fossilized dog looks ready to attack. I bet it was a great watchdog. My dog Bulbie never budges, even when people visit. One friend of mine mistook him for a stuffed animal.” – Olimar in the log entry for the Dutiful Watchdog
- “Dad, today I'm writing on behalf of Bulbie. Mom and I completely forgot to feed him. He got skinny, but he's been eating a lot of Pikpik carrots, so he'll be OK.” – Olimar's son in a letter
- “Dad! Our dog, Bulbie, has been acting like a pig! He ate all of our carrots! Have you really seen creatures on that planet that look just like Bulbie?!?” – Olimar's son in a letter
- “Louie... You've sent absolutely no replies. I'm worried about you. I'd like to come see you, but I'm so old... All I can do is send you preserved bug foods...” – Louie's grandmother in a letter
- “Louie, I sent you some of the preserved bug foods from home. You should share some with your company president. As a kid, bugs loved you so much. Always nibbling...” – Louie's grandmother in a letter
- “At my age, reminiscing is wonderful. Louie, do you remember the hill behind our house? You hated to play outside, so I made you eat bugs and plants. Ah, memories...” – Louie's grandmother in a letter
- “Louie, we suddenly stopped hearing from you! Everything OK? If things get tough, you can always come home. I'll stock up on those Pikpik carrots you love!” – Louie's grandmother in a letter
- “Louie, I heard that you completed your task! Congratulations! My little Louie has become an extraordinary man! How about visiting your dad? I've got bug juice!” – Louie's grandmother in a letter
- “Your notification report was wrong again. How many times do I have to correct you? It's because of behavior like this that I, the REAL boss, have to work so hard.” – The President's wife in a letter
- “Hey, you think you can loaf because I can't see you? The ship has been reporting everything to me! Are you surprised? That machine knows who the real boss is.” – The President's wife in a letter
- “It may interest you to know I've somehow been able to begin turning the company around in your absence. So, you just go on doing what you like for a bit longer, OK?” – The President's wife in a letter
|Leaders||Captain Olimar • Louie • The President • Alph • Brittany • Charlie|
|Ships||S.S. Dolphin • Hocotate ship • S.S. Drake • S.S. Dolphin II • SPERO|
|Other||Minor characters • Character D • Pikmin|