|Appears in||Pikmin, Pikmin 2, Pikmin 4|
|Scientific name||Nektara fatuus|
|Areas||The Forest of Hope, The Forest Navel, Valley of Repose, Awakening Wood, Perplexing Pool, Serene Shores, Primordial Thicket,|
|Caves||White Flower Garden, Bulblax Kingdom, Hole of Heroes, Industrial Maze, Below-Grade Discotheque, Engulfed Castle, Frozen Inferno, Cavern for a King|
|Challenge Mode stages||None|
|Dandori Challenge stages||None|
|Dandori Battle stages||None|
|2-Player Battle stages||Rusty Gulch|
Honeywisps (ピキマキ?, lit.: "Piki Aphid") are creatures found in the first two Pikmin games and Pikmin 4. They float across the air carrying nectar (in Pikmin) or an egg (in Pikmin 2 and Pikmin 4), and tend to glow and make high pitched cries, appearing and disappearing out of thin air if a leader passes nearby set places where they can show. A Honeywisp's egg, like any other, may contain nectar, a spray drop, or Mitites.
- The game files specify that this enemy has 1 HP.
- The game files specify that this enemy has 99999 HP.
Olimar's voyage log
“Although the eggs are small, the yolk has a distinctly bold and tangy flavor. Try tossing a few in a pan along with your choice of meat andfresh vegetables and cook up a country scramble!”
Pikmin Nintendo Player's Guide
Pikmin Nintendo Power booklet description
Pikmin 2 Nintendo Player's Guide
Honeywisps appear only when approached and disappear after a short amount of time. They float a considerable distance above the ground at a slow pace, and they take no note of the presence of leaders or Pikmin, unless attacked, at which point they will feverishly drop their nectar or egg and vanish. They are frequently found grouped in a general area, though not all will be activated at the same time.
The following article or section contains guides.
The Honeywisp is a constantly airborne enemy. As such, it can only be killed with Pikmin. If a Pikmin is thrown at one, it will vanish and drop its nectar. Yellow Pikmin are your best option due to their high throwing arc. When trying to take down a Honeywisp or a group of Honeywisps, its usually fine to throw quickly with less precision to take them down, as there is no risk in fighting them unless other creatures are nearby.
Neither White nor Purple Pikmin are especially effective against this creature, and it cannot be petrified in any way.
|Pikmin technical information (?)|
|Pikmin 2 technical information (?)|
|Global properties (List)|
|s001||wallReflection||Unknown (wall bounce speed multiplier?)||0.5|
|s004||bounceFactor||Unknown (bounce when it hits the ground?)||0.3|
|fp01||マップとの当り||Unknown (related to slopes)||15|
|fp02||ダメージスケールXZ||Horizontal damage scale||0|
|fp03||ダメージスケールY||Vertical damage scale||0|
|fp04||ダメージフレーム||Damage scale duration||0|
|fp14||探索距離||Unknown (exploration radius?)||0|
|fp15||探索角度||Unknown (exploration angle?)||0|
|fp16||振り払い率||Successful shake rate||0|
|fp20||攻撃可能範囲||Unknown (shock attack max range?)||0|
|fp21||攻撃可能角度||Unknown (shock attack max angle?)||0|
|fp22||攻撃ヒット範囲||Unknown (attack hit range?)||0|
|fp23||攻撃ヒット角度||Unknown (attack hit angle?)||0|
|fp25||視界高||Unknown (height visibility?)||250|
|fp26||探索高||Unknown (exploration height?)||0|
|fp27||ライフの高さ||HP wheel height||0|
|fp29||警戒時間||Unknown (warning time?)||0|
|fp33||マップとのあたりポリゴンの選定||Collision processing radius||30|
|fp34||ピクミンとのあたり||Pikmin damage radius||15|
|fp36||ヒップドロップダメージ||Purple Pikmin drop damage||10|
|fp37||地震気絶確立||Purple Pikmin stun chance||0.05 (5%)|
|fp38||地震気絶時間||Purple Pikmin stun time||10|
|ip01||振り払い打撃Ａ||Shake mode 1 – hit count||0|
|ip02||振り払い張付１||Shake mode 1 – Pikmin requirement||0|
|ip03||振り払い打撃Ｂ||Shake mode 2 – hit count||0|
|ip04||振り払い張付２||Shake mode 2 – Pikmin requirement||0|
|ip05||振り払い打撃Ｃ||Shake mode 3 – hit count||0|
|ip06||振り払い張付３||Shake mode 3 – Pikmin requirement||0|
|ip07||振り払い打撃Ｄ||Shake mode 4 – hit count||0|
|fp01||飛行高さ||Unknown (flying height?)||90|
|fp02||上下の揺れ速度||Unknown (vertical swing speed?)||1.75|
|fp03||上下の揺れ幅||Unknown (horizontal swing speed?)||20|
|fp04||死亡速度||Unknown (death rate?)||400|
|fp05||死亡時間||Unknown (time of death?)||0.5|
- Technical name in The Official Nintendo Player's Guide: Nectar Spectre
- Size: Body length: 25mm, as per the e-card
- Pikmin 2 Piklopedia number: #55
- Common name: Honeywisp. It is a combination of "honey", due to the sack of nectar it carries in the first game, and "wisp", a mythical entity that resembles a floating lamp's light; effectively, the Honeywisp faintly emits light and floats about.
- Japanese nickname: ピキマキ?. It is similar to アリマキ? (lit.: "aphid"), but with アリ? (lit.: "ant") replaced with "Piki" (an early name for Pikmin), since the way Pikmin drink the Honeywisps' nectar is similar to how some ants farm aphids and drink their honeydew.
- Japanese name: ピキマキミツムシ?, lit.: "Piki Aphid Nectar Bug"
- Scientific name: 'Its scientific name is Nektara fatuus, with Nektara being close to the Latin nectaris, or "related to nectar", and fatuus being the Latin component of the term ignis fatuus, another name for the Will-o'-the-Wisp, a similarly ephemeral floating creature.
- Internal names: Internally, it is called
qurione, a romanization of "clione". A clione, or sea angel, is a creature with a transparent body, much like that of the Honeywisp.
- Prerelease: None.
Names in other languages
The following article or section needs help from someone who can translate Italian text.
|French||Mouchamiel||From "mouche à miel" (honey bee, lit.: "honey fly")|
|Spanish||Agarramiel||From "agarrar" (to hold on to) and "miel" (honey)|
|Portuguese||Marimel||From "mel" (honey)|
Artwork of the Honeywisp from Pikmin.
The Honeywisp in Pikmin's enemy reel.
Artwork of a Honeywisp from Pikmin 2.
A Honeywisp in Pikmin 2's Piklopedia.
The Piklopedia icon of the Honeywisp in the Nintendo Switch version of Pikmin 2.
The Piklopedia icon of the Honeywisp in Pikmin 4.
The Honeywisp's e-card, #52 (18th yellow card).
- Although the Honeywisp cannot be killed, it still has a health value of 99999 in Pikmin 2's files.
- A near-copy of the Pikmin 2 Honeywisp exists unused inside Pikmin 3. It functions identically to the Pikmin 2 counterpart, except throwing a Pikmin at the egg causes Pikmin 3 to instantly crash.