|Appears in||Hey! Pikmin|
|Scientific name||Spicasfaira natarens|
|Areas||Foaming Lake, The Shallow End, Treacherous Currents|
The Large Splurchin (オオゴロンガゼ?, lit.: "Big Rolling Diadema setosum") is an enemy found in Hey! Pikmin. It is one of the few creatures in the entire series that is completely invincible and acts more like an obstacle. It highly resembles a real life urchin, as it looks like a ball with purple skin and yellow spikes. It will slowly float in a single direction, and can kill any Pikmin that touch it. It also comes in two different sizes, although the smaller ones are much more common.
The Large Splurchin has very few means of moving or attacking; the most it can do is kill Pikmin that happen to touch it as it bounces back and forth.
To do: List all places the enemy can be found in.
Large Splurchins are completely invincible, and can only be avoided.
Hey! Pikmin logs
This article or section is in need of more images.
The Large Splurchin in the tunnel filled with Sparklium Seeds, in the Foaming Lake.
- See more: Splurchin family#naming.
- Common name: Large Splurchin. The name Splurchin is a play on the word urchin, the real-world creature the enemy is likely based after.
- Japanese nickname: オオゴロンガゼ?, lit.: "Big Rolling Diadema setosum".
- Japanese name: オオトゲゴロンガゼ?, lit.: "Big Spiny Rolling Diadema setosum".
- Scientific name: Spicasfaira natarens. Natarens is Latin for swimming.
- Internal names: Unknown.
- Prerelease: None.
Names in other languages
The following article or section needs help from someone who can translate German text.
Ō Goron Gaze
|Big Rolling Diadema setosum|
|Italian||Ricciospino gigante||Giant urchinpine|
|Spanish||Erízulo gigante||From "erizo" (urchin) and "gigante" (giant)|