|Appears in||Hey! Pikmin|
|Scientific name||Platylepas ascendii|
|Areas||The Lonely Tower, Below the Ice|
The Flatterchuck (ビックリトバシ?, lit.: "Surprising Launcher") is an enemy found in Hey! Pikmin. At first it looks like a stone platform with eyes, roughly four times wider than Captain Olimar and it appears to have moss growing on it. When stepped on it leaps straight upward, using insectoid legs.
The Flatterchuck lies flat on the ground, with its eyes closed until Pikmin or Captain Olimar walk onto it. It will blink briefly and then launch its body upwards, sending anything standing on it up into the air. It will come back to its original state, and will repeat the process if something steps on it again. It takes roughly two seconds from the moment something steps on it to the moment it springs up.
To do: List more locations that its found in. There's at least one more
- Ravaged Rustworks
- The Lonely Tower: It is found abundantly in this level. They are the main way Olimar can progress higher in the tower.
The following article or section contains guides.
Flatterchucks act as platforms for the player to reach new areas. They do not act as traditional enemies and cannot be attacked or killed. One thing to be sure of is that all of your Pikmin are on the Flatterchuck before it jumps, or else it may scatter them away from you.
Hey! Pikmin logs
This article or section is in need of more images.
Cutscene where a Flatterchuck nearly flattens a group of Rock Pikmin.
- The Flatterchuck is one of the only three creatures in the series that have plant life growing on it, in this case only moss. The other two are the bosses Emperor Bulblax and Quaggled Mireclops.
- See more: Heavil family#Naming.
- Common name: Flatterchuck.
- Japanese nickname: ビックリトバシ?, lit.: "Surprising Launcher".
- Japanese name: タイラハネトバシ?, lit.: "Flat Jump Launcher".
- Scientific name: Platylepas ascendii. Ascendii, derived from 'ascend', refers to its high jumping ability.
- Internal names: Unknown.
- Prerelease: None.
Names in other languages
|French||Plaquéléon sauteur||Jumping Plate Cameleon|