|Appears in||Hey! Pikmin|
|Scientific name||Aspergilla rubedronis|
|Areas||Mushroom Valley, Burning Bog|
The Puffstalk (ボケエリンギ?, lit.: "Stupid King Trumpet Mushroom") is a rare, mushroom-like enemy found in Hey! Pikmin. It looks like a smaller relative to the Puffstool, and harmlessly dwells within holes in walls. Out of the two that appear in the whole game, one drops the Constitution Gate while the other drops the Tangerine Paste when defeated.
To do: Find out its health in Hey! Pikmin by retreiving the value from the game files.
The Puffstalk is a docile creature that can be found within holes in walls. It has no attacks, and its own means of defense is to disappear and reappear between various nearby holes.
- Brilliant Garden
- Lushlife Murk
The Puffstalk is quick, but it only has so many holes it can pop out of. It is fairly predictable in its patterns, and can be taken out by simply hitting it with Pikmin whenever it reveals itself.
Hey! Pikmin logs
This article or section is in need of more images.
- The Puffstalk is the first member of the Sporovid family to appear in a Pikmin game in 16 years.
- Puffstalks actually have small stubby legs. This is only easy to see in the Creature Log.
- See more: Sporovid family#Naming.
- Common name: Puffstalk. The name is derived from the "Puffstool", a similar, mushroom-like creature. "Stalk" implies it does not grow past its stem-like body, which it does not seem to do.
- Japanese nickname: ボケエリンギ?, lit.: "Stupid King Trumpet Mushroom".
- Japanese name: アカボケキノコ?, lit.: "Red Stupid Mushroom".
- Scientific name: Aspergilla rubedronis. Aspergilla derives from the real-world "aspergillus" genus belonging to species of fungus.
- Internal names: Unknown.
- Prerelease: None.
Names in other languages
|Stupid King Trumpet Mushroom|
|French||Champicète||From champi (shroom)|
|Italian||Amanita cucù||Cuckoo amanita|
|Spanish||Champidorreta||From champi (shroom)|