|Appears in||Hey! Pikmin|
|Scientific name||Pseudoactinidia pomadus|
|Areas||Mushroom Valley, Back-and-Forth Road, Serene Stream, Space of Silence, Drenchnozzle Den, Burning Bog|
The Crested Mockiwi (トサカマッキー?, lit.: "Crest Makkī") is an enemy found in Hey! Pikmin. It is a more aggressive variant of a Mockiwi, that is purple in color and has a crest of pink feathers on its forehead.
The following article or section is in need of assistance from someone who plays Hey! Pikmin.
The Crested Mockiwi is similar to the standard Mockiwi, but has more health and is faster. It also has a unique attack, where it roars and charges towards the player and Pikmin.
- Brilliant Garden
- Verdant Waterfront
- Ravaged Rustworks
- Lushlife Murk
The Crested Mockiwi is a tad harder to defeat than its counterpart. A simple Pikmin on its back won't do the trick. Aim for its signature crest instead; this will give the same effect as throwing a Pikmin onto the back of a normal Mockiwi, allowing you to bombard it anywhere without worrying about it retaliating. Though it will eventually shake off the Pikmin, requiring a new one to be thrown. If it charges, a Pikmin throw to its head will halt it.
Hey! Pikmin logs
- See more: Mockiwi family#Naming.
- Common name: Crested Mockiwi. "Crested" refers to the large crest on its upper body, which the normal Mockiwi does not have.
- Japanese nickname: トサカマッキー?, lit.: "Crest Makkī". マッキー? is the Mockiwi's Japanese common name.
- Japanese name: トサカマルアオドリ?, lit.: "Crest Round Blue Bird".
- Scientific name: Pseudoactinidia pomadus. Pomadus is similar to "pomades", an oil used for hair. This could be in reference to how its crest resembles hair.
- Internal names: Its internal name is
supermakky. Its generator name is
- Prerelease: None.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Gekuifde kiewit||Crested Mockiwi|
|French||Faukiwi huppé||Crested Mockiwi|
|Italian||Canarkiwi irsuto||Hairy Mockiwi|
|Spanish (NoA)||Piquiwi peludo||Hairy Mockiwi|
|Spanish (NoE)||Piquiwi crestado||Crested Mockiwi|