Shooting Spiner (Male)
|Appears in||Hey! Pikmin|
|Scientific name||Himeagea mittetsia|
|Areas||The Lonely Tower, Steel Pipe Forest|
The Shooting Spiner (ブッパナシグモ（オス）?, lit.: "Firing Spider (Male)") is an enemy encountered in Hey! Pikmin. The males of this species are brown in color and attack differently from the females. It also has red eyes, and small legs with yellow stripes.
To do: Find out its health in Hey! Pikmin by retreiving the value from the game files.
The male Shooting Spiners move up and down webs, similar to the females. However, instead of attempting to stab Pikmin with their legs, they shoot small toxic clouds horizontally.
To do: List all places the enemy can be found in.
The following article or section contains guides.
Shooting Spiners can be defeated with a single Pikmin throw. As the males do not stick their legs out, they are considerably easier to kill than the females.
Hey! Pikmin logs
This article or section is in need of more images.
- See more: Wracknid_family#Naming.
- Common name: Shooting Spiner (Male). Spiner is in reference to how it spins webs. Shooting references the toxic clouds they shoot at the Pikmin.
- Japanese nickname: ブッパナシグモ（オス）?, lit.: "Firing Spider (Male)".
- Japanese name: ワタトバシグモ?, lit.: "Cotton Launching Spider".
- Scientific name: Himeagea mittetsia . The species name mittetsia may be an illusion to "mitten", comparing their fuzzy appearance to that of a mitten.
- Internal names: Unknown.
- Prerelease: None.
Names in other languages
Buppanashi Gumo (Osu)
|Firing Spider (Male)|
|French||Tisserand tireur mâle||Male weaver shooter|
|German||Schreckspinne (männlich)||Frightspider (male)|
|Italian||Tessitore nocivo||Harmful weaver|
|Spanish||Cardándula (macho)||From cardo (thistle) and tarántula (tarantula)|