|Appears in||Hey! Pikmin|
|Scientific name||Scarpanica viridelacus princeps (US)|
Viridelacus princeps (EU)
|Areas||First Expedition, Valley of the Breeze, Bed of Fallen Leaves, Gale-Force Glen, Freezing Wasteland, Over Wintry Mountains, Ordeal of Flame, Scourge of the Skies, Olimar's Madcap Ride|
|Attacks||Kill Pikmin by flying away with them|
The following article or section is in need of assistance from someone who plays Hey! Pikmin.
The Coppeller (ヘソクリムシ?, lit.: "Stash Bug") is an enemy found in Hey! Pikmin. It is a small quadrupedal insectoid creature with flower petal-like wings that rotate like a helicopter's blades. It has large red eyes, a trait common to all scarpanids, two tiny antennae, and has a light green spot where its "propeller" part is attached. It has four dark green claws on each of its limbs, allowing the creature have a good grip on the objects it holds. The creature's whole body is green, and is about half the height of Captain Olimar. However, its propeller makes up most of it, so including that it's nearly the same height as the captain.
It appears from offscreen in certain locations, and will fly around in a set path. They are known for carrying various objects, such as Sparklium Seeds, hearts, treasures, and even Pikmin. If the player doesn't kill them fast enough, they will fly offscreen and cannot be seen again.
Coppellers spawn into levels carrying various items, including Sparklium, health, and even captured Pikmin. They fly in set patterns, but only stay on-screen for a limited amount of time; if they are allowed to escape, the items and Pikmin they hold will be lost.
- Brilliant Garden
- Leafswirl Lagoon
- Snowfall Field
- Lushlife Murk
Coppellers can be killed with a single well-timed Pikmin throw.
While Coppellers cannot directly kill Pikmin, any Pikmin they spawn carrying will be considered killed if they aren't rescued before their captor flies away.
Hey! Pikmin logs
To do: add more info.
|Hey! Pikmin technical information (?)|
To do: Describe more of the enemy's names. (Guidelines)
- Common name: Coppeller. It is a combination of "helicopter" and "propeller", coming from the way it flies with a propeller.
- Japanese nickname: ヘソクリムシ?. It translates to "Stash Bug", coming from the way it stashes various objects, and how it is very bug-like in appearance.
- Japanese name: ミドリヒメモチサライムシ?, lit.: "Green Lesser Kidnapping Bug".
- Scientific name: Scarpanica viridelacus princeps in the American English version and Viridelacus princeps in the British English version.
- Internal names: Unknown.
- Prerelease: None.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Kleptokopter||From kleptomania and helikopter (helicopter)|
|Spanish||Cleptóptero||From cleptomanía (kleptomania) and helicóptero (helicopter)|
This article or section is in need of more images.
- The French, German, and Italian localizations use the American name while both Spanish localizations use the European one.
- While this is a harmless enemy as it can't attack Pikmin directly, any Pikmin that start in their clutches can still die if not saved.