Since this subject has no official name, the name "Boulder" is conjectural.
- This article is about the rocks that fall from the sky. For other rock-like objects, see rock.
Boulders are obstacles in the Pikmin games. They are large rocks that fall from the sky, often in groups, and can crush anything they land on. They can be identified by the growing shadow they cast on the floor as they fall, as well as the sliding whistle sound that accompanies their descent. These signs give players a warning that a rock is about to fall where the shadow is, giving them time to get out of the way.
In Pikmin 2, boulders appear in some caves, and also in some Challenge Mode and 2-Player Battle levels. In Pikmin 3, boulders only appear in Bingo Battle. Boulders in Bingo Battle fall faster than the ones in Pikmin 2. Rock Pikmin are immune to being crushed by boulders.
With ideal placing and timing, players can trigger a boulder drop such that it lands on top of an enemy, causing massive damage to the creature. Sometimes, if two boulders spawn close together in Pikmin 2, they can bump each other apart when they get close enough to the floor.
The following can trigger a boulder to fall from the sky:
- In caves, boulders can fall from the ceiling by themselves when a leader or Pikmin gets close to their spawn point.
- The Empress Bulblax and the Segmented Crawbster can make boulders fall from the ceiling when they slam against a wall. These boulders spawn where the active leader is at.
- In 2-Player Battle and Bingo Battle, a cherry power-up allows players to drop a shower of boulders where their opponent's active leader is. An item with the same effect can be obtained from capsules during Dandori Battles.
Because some of these triggers spawn boulders where the active leader is, players can anticipate a boulder downpour and quickly switch leaders to avoid having the boulders drop on leaders that have several Pikmin following them.
- Story Mode caves
- Frontier Cavern: 13 boulders in sublevel 7.
- Shower Room: 3 boulders in sublevel 1.
- Cavern of Chaos: 10 boulders in sublevel 3.
- Hole of Heroes: 1 boulder in sublevel 7.
- Dream Den: 4 boulders in sublevel 12.
- Challenge Mode
- Cave of Pain: 8 boulders.
- 2-Player Battle
- Carpet Plain: occasional boulders.
Boulder jump glitch
- Main article: Boulder jump glitch.
In Pikmin 2, it is possible to exploit a glitch in the way the game handles lying down, and using it to make the leader jump quite high. By lying down in a specific time while a boulder is dropping on the leader, the leader will be sent flying into the air.
|Pikmin 2 technical information (?)|
|Global properties (List)|
|s001||wallReflection||Unknown (wall bounce speed multiplier?)||0.1|
|s004||bounceFactor||Unknown (bounce when it hits the ground?)||0.3|
|fp01||マップとの当り||Unknown (related to slopes)||25|
|fp02||ダメージスケールXZ||Horizontal damage scale||0|
|fp03||ダメージスケールY||Vertical damage scale||0|
|fp04||ダメージフレーム||Damage scale duration||0|
|fp14||探索距離||Unknown (exploration radius?)||1000|
|fp15||探索角度||Unknown (exploration angle?)||0.6|
|fp16||振り払い率||Successful shake rate||0|
|fp20||攻撃可能範囲||Unknown (shock attack max range?)||0|
|fp21||攻撃可能角度||Unknown (shock attack max angle?)||0|
|fp22||攻撃ヒット範囲||Unknown (attack hit range?)||20|
|fp23||攻撃ヒット角度||Unknown (attack hit angle?)||0|
|fp25||視界高||Unknown (height visibility?)||100|
|fp26||探索高||Unknown (exploration height?)||550|
|fp27||ライフの高さ||HP wheel height||0|
|fp29||警戒時間||Unknown (warning time?)||0|
|fp33||マップとのあたりポリゴンの選定||Collision processing radius||40|
|fp34||ピクミンとのあたり||Pikmin damage radius||25|
|fp36||ヒップドロップダメージ||Purple Pikmin drop damage||10|
|fp37||地震気絶確立||Purple Pikmin stun chance||0.05 (5%)|
|fp38||地震気絶時間||Purple Pikmin stun time||10|
|ip01||振り払い打撃Ａ||Shake mode 1 – hit count||0|
|ip02||振り払い張付１||Shake mode 1 – Pikmin requirement||0|
|ip03||振り払い打撃Ｂ||Shake mode 2 – hit count||0|
|ip04||振り払い張付２||Shake mode 2 – Pikmin requirement||0|
|ip05||振り払い打撃Ｃ||Shake mode 3 – hit count||0|
|ip06||振り払い張付３||Shake mode 3 – Pikmin requirement||0|
|ip07||振り払い打撃Ｄ||Shake mode 4 – hit count||0|
|fp01||サーチゴロゴロ速度||Lithopod rock rumbling sound speed multiplier?||100|
This article or section is in need of more images.
- Twitch clip on Twitch, published on April 24th, 2019, retrieved on published=April 24th, 2019
Arachnode web • Bag • Bamboo gate • Bodies of water • Boulder • Bramble gate • Cardboard box (tin box) • Clog • Cobblestone block • Crystals • Crystal wall • Dam • Dirt block • Dirt wall • Electric gate • Electrical wire • Fire geyser • Flames • Gas pipe • Hydroe bramble • Ice wall • Iron block • Kingcap • Numbered gate • Paper bag • Reinforced wall • Spotcap • Switch gate • Trowel • Tunnel