|Appears in||Hey! Pikmin|
|Scientific name||Rotundus himeagea|
|Attacks||Stab and roll over Pikmin|
To do: Find out its health in Hey! Pikmin by retreiving the value from the game files.
Shearblugs patrol a set area until they see Pikmin. When they spot them, they inflate their bodies to protrude spikes, and then roll after them.
To do: List all places the enemy can be found in.
- Verdant Waterfront
A Shearblug can only be defeated when its spikes are retracted. Otherwise, thrown Pikmin will perish. It is best to attack it right after it brings its spikes in, since if you wait too long it will poke them out again.
Hey! Pikmin logs
This article or section is in need of more images.
In the Creature Log.
This section is a stub. You can help Pikipedia by.
- See more: Mandiblard family#Naming.
- Common name: Shearblug. From "Sheargrub", a word present in the names of various members of the mandiblard family.
- Japanese nickname: マルデムシ?, lit.: "Circle Bug".
- Japanese name: マルヒメアギト?, lit.: "Circle Small Jaw". From ヒメアギト科?, the mandiblard family's Japanese name.
- Scientific name: Rotundus himeagea. Rotundus is Latin for "round", referring to the Shearblug's ability to curl into a ball.
- Internal names: Unknown.
- Prerelease: None.
Names in other languages
Maru De Mushi
|French||Boufpon bouleur||Boufpon is the french equivalent to Sheargrub, and bouleur is a reference to the inflating tendancy of the creature; it could be translated as "bloating", giving "Bloating Sheargrub"|
|German||Kullerkäfer||From kullern (to roll around) and Käfer (bug)|
|Spanish||Larvola||From larva (larva) and bola (ball)|