|Appears in||Hey! Pikmin|
|Scientific name||Oculus voraxa|
|Areas||Foaming Lake, Downpour Thicket, Secret Spot 5|
The Eye-Stalker Bulbeel (ミズゾコデメウツボウ?, lit.: "River Bottom Bug-eyed Moray") is an enemy found in Hey! Pikmin. It is a large purple lamprey-like creature that expands its massive mouth to swallow prey whole. It has some blue stripes and orange fins on its sides. Its red mouth is usually puckered, but when attempting to eat Pikmin, it will become much larger. As the name implies, it has two eye-stalks that seem to always be squinting.
It is about four times the width of Captain Olimar, and the parts that can be seen can stretch up to about 20 times his height. Its length is so massive that its entirety can't be seen, so it is unknown what its bottom looks like, or how tall it actually is.
To do: Find out its health in Hey! Pikmin by retreiving the value from the game files.
Eye-Stalker Bulbeels lie in wait for prey to pass overhead, after which they will disapear momentarily and then open their large mouths and lunge forward, attempting to swallow any Pikmin. After their lunge, they will slowly retreat back into their alcoves and wait for their next opportunity to strike. These creatures will also consume any other enemies that are below them while they lunge upwards, namely the Puckering Blinnows that are seen in most water levels.
To do: List all places the enemy can be found in.
The following article or section contains guides.
Eye-Stalker Bulbeels have a lot of health and are best left avoided, but they can be killed, rewarding you with 15 Sparklium Seeds. To do so, simply lure them out of their homes and quickly lob Pikmin at their sides before they retreat. If Olimar is in the center of its reach when it lunges, he can be swallowed, which will kill him instantly. Otherwise, if he hits the creature's left or right side during the lunge, he will simply lose one bit of health.
Hey! Pikmin logs
- See more: Grub-dog family#Naming.
- Common name: Eye-Stalker Bulbeel. "Eye-Stalker" simply refers to its eye stalks. Bulbeel is derived from land dwelling members of the grub-dog family, Bulborbs, with "orb" being replaced with "eel", a creature it resembles. "Beel" is also a form of wetland, similar to the ones the Bulbeel resides in.
- Japanese nickname: ミズゾコデメウツボウ?, lit.: "River Bottom Bug-eyed Moray".
- Japanese name: ミズデメマダラ?, lit.: "Water Spotted Bug-eye".
- Scientific name: Oculus voraxa. Voraxa comes from the Lain word "vorax", which means "gluttonous".
- Internal names: Its internal name is
mizuzoko. Its generator name is
enemy_moray, "moray" being a type of eel.
- Prerelease: None.
Names in other languages
Mizuzoko Deme Utsubou
|River Bottom Bug-eyed Moray|
|French||Bulbille gobeuse||Gobbling bulbeel|
|Spanish||Angulbo mirón||Nosy bulbeel|
This article or section is in need of more images.