|Appears in||Hey! Pikmin|
|Scientific name||Granignis ictum|
The Firesnout Beetle (ヒフキドックリ?, lit.: "Fire Breathing Tokkuri") is an enemy in Hey! Pikmin. It is a crimson beetle-like creature that breathes fire from the walls it sits in. It has tiny legs, red eyes, and black spots around its darker colored exoskeleton. It is slightly shorter than Captain Olimar, being the smallest member of the lithopod family. It appears in only one area, Sizzling Precipice.
The following article or section is in need of assistance from someone who plays Hey! Pikmin.
Firesnout Beetles live exclusively in walls, popping out on occasion to shoot a beam of fire. After a few seconds, they will retreat.
- Sweltering Parchlands
- Sizzling Precipice: They are in the walls of the many precipices that are found here. They act as a threat that the player and their Winged Pikmin have to avoid, by moving away from the fire the creatures shoot.
The following article or section contains guides.
These can only be defeated when sticking out of walls. However, when they are shooting fire they will burn any non-Red Pikmin.
Hey! Pikmin logs
- See more: Lithopod family#Naming.
- Common name: Firesnout Beetle. This creature's name differs from the Armored Cannon Beetle Larva's with the word "Firesnout", which refers to its fire-shooting ability and, like other lithopods, its snout, from which the fire comes from. The lack of the word of the word "Lava" is likely due to the absence of an adult stage.
- Japanese nickname: ヒフキドックリ?, lit.: "Fire Breathing Tokkuri". ドックリ? (lit.: "Tokkuri ") is present in the Japanese nickname of most lithopods and Fire Breathing is obviously chosen.
- Japanese name: ヒフキイシツツミ?, lit.: "Fire Breathing Stone Wrapper".
- Scientific name: Granignis ictum. Granignis is a portmanteau of Granitus, the genus of most lithopods, and ignis, Latin for fire. The meaning of ictum is unknown.
- Internal names: Its internal name is
hifuki. Its generator name is
- Prerelease: None.
Names in other languages
|Fire Breathing Tokkuri|
|French||Calcicloporte||A portemanteau of calcination and cloporte, which means pillbug.|
|German||Crustabignis||From Crustacea (crustacean) and Latin ignis (fire)|
|Italian||Scarabeo sputafuoco||Spitfire fire beetle|
|Spanish||Verraco escupefuego||Spitfire Boar|
This article or section is in need of more images.