|Appears in||Hey! Pikmin|
|Scientific name||Hydridae phytohabitans|
|Areas||Fragment of Hope|
The Leech Hydroe (クサヤドリアメヒドラ?, lit.: "Grass Parasite Rain Hydra") is a creature in Hey! Pikmin. Although classified as an enemy, it is never fought in the game, and only appears during the final boss's defeat cutscene. It is however responsible for the final fight proper, considering that it takes control of an otherwise docile plant, the Berserk Leech Hydroe, and attacks Olimar and the Pikmin with it.
It is a cowardly parasite that leeches off of plants to drain their nutrients. It is not much taller than Olimar, and looks like a green hydra-like creature. Normally, it wouldn't be so aggressive, but the fact that the S.S. Dolphin II's Sparklium Converter fell on top of it while it was sleeping caused its parasitic urges to go out of control. The ship part also causes the creature to grow to roughly twice its normal size and turn a pink color.
Its entry gets added to the logs after the game is completed.
This creature can only be found in Fragment of Hope, the only area in the final sector of the game, The Final Stretch. It only appears in a cutscene that plays after the Berserk Leech Hydroe's defeat.
Hey! Pikmin logs
- See more: Hydroe family#Naming.
- Common name: Much like a real world leech, the Leech Hydroe attaches itself to a host.
- Japanese nickname: クサヤドリアメヒドラ?, lit.: "Grass Parasite Rain Hydra".
- Japanese name: クサヤドリアメヒドラ?.
- Scientific name: Hydridae phytohabitans. "Phytohabitans" is a real world genus of bacteria.
- Internal names: Its generator name is
boss_last_boss, which it shares with the Berserk Leech Hydroe.
- Prerelease: None.
Names in other languages
Kusa Yadori Ame Hidora
|Grass Parasite Rain Hydra|
- The Leech Hydroe is the only creature in the series to be encountered exclusively in a cutscene and still have a log entry.
- “Normally, this is a harmless species of plant life. We only found out later that it grew vicious because the Sparklium Converter fell from the ship during our crash landing, falling onto the Leech Hydroe as it slumbered. The influx of energy sent its parasitic urges out of control. I know I'm to blame, ultimately, but I'm glad I could put a stop to it—with the help of the Pikmin and the S.S. Dolphin II. Let this final entry end with my thanks to them.” – Captain Olimar in the Berserk Leech Hydroe's log entry