|Appears in||Hey! Pikmin|
|Scientific name||Tripodidae asterias|
|Attacks||Extend harmful arms|
The Starnacle (タコヒトデ?, lit.: "Octopus Starfish") is a rare octopus-like enemy in Hey! Pikmin. It has three equally-spaced pink tentacle-like arms and a large green eye on its main body. Its eye closes and its arms retract when the eye is hit with a Pikmin. It is found frequently in the waters of Pollution Pool, where its arms act as an obstacle to the player and their Blue Pikmin.
The Starnacle's only purpose is to block underwater passages. Aside from that, it doesn't do anything and is harmless. When a Pikmin is thrown at its eye, it will retract its tentacles, leaving enough room for Olimar and his Pikmin to avoid the creature and keep going in the passage.
- Ravaged Rustworks
- Pollution Pool: This is the only area that they are found in. They mostly serve as enemies to avoid in the water sections, along with Puckering Blinnows and Young Yellow Wollywogs. They also serve as blockages so Olimar can't enter certain areas without the Blue Pikmin necessary to defeat them.
The following article or section contains guides.
There is no way to defeat this enemy; however, it can be stunned for a certain amount of time by simply throwing a Blue Pikmin right into its eye. Once done, it will retract its arms and allow passage until it extends them again.
Hey! Pikmin logs
- See more: Shellusk family#Naming.
- Common name: The name Starnacle is derived from "star" and "tentacle", although it can also be a combination of "star" and "barnacle".
- Japanese nickname: タコヒトデ?. it simply translates to "octopus starfish", referring to two aquatic creatures with long arms.
- Japanese name: テヅルタコヒトデ?, lit.: "Basket Star Octopus Starfish".
- Scientific name: Tripodidae asterias. Asterias is a real-world genus for the Asteriidae family of sea stars, although here it is used as the species name rather than the genus. This could be a mistake, as similar cases in Hey! Pikmin's logs indicate.
- Internal names: Its internal name is
takohitodeis the same as its Japanese nickname. The generator name is
enemy_tri_arms, once again referencing its three appendages.
- Prerelease: None.
Names in other languages
The following article or section needs help from someone who can translate Dutch text.
|French||Étentacule||This name is a portmanteau of étendre (stretch), and tentacule (tentacle)|
|German||Gemeiner Schlingstern||Common Wrapping-Star|
|Spanish||Estelárido||From "estelar" (stellar)|
This article or section is in need of more images.
A Starnacle in the Pollution Pool, blocking a passage.