|Appears in||Hey! Pikmin|
|Scientific name||Fouskaflexilis bilia|
|Attacks||Bounce Olimar and Pikmin|
Blubbugs (フグスベリ?, lit.: "Sliding Pufferfish") are round creatures in Hey! Pikmin that appear exclusively in Frozen Hazard. They have a layer of thick, tan fat around their body, which can be bounced off of.
It moves by spinning forward with its small brown legs. It has a small brown head with light blue eyes and antennae, making it look rather bug-like. Around its head are various spots, and it is roughly two times the height and three times the width of Captain Olimar, being quite large. Although it can be used to jump to higher terrain, it can also cause Olimar or his Pikmin to be bumped into something dangerous like a pit. They are docile, but can sometimes be found twirling and sliding around, which can be a bother, or even outright dangerous. Pikmin can be thrown at one to push it away, either for safety, or to place it somewhere where it can be jumped on top of.
The Puffy Blubbug is a similar creature, but can only be found in Over Wintry Mountains, is constantly spinning, and cannot be jumped on top of, serving only as an obstacle for Olimar during his ride.
Blubbugs are relatively docile, roaming back and forth in a set area. But if Olimar or his Pikmin are spotted, it will run towards them, in an attempt to bounce them away. If it loses interest, it will simply go back to roaming.
Other Blubbugs can be found periodically spinning down a set path. These Blubbugs are simply obstacles, and ignore both Olimar and his Pikmin completely.
Hey! Pikmin logs
- See more: Bloather family#Naming.
The following article or section is in need of assistance from someone who plays Hey! Pikmin.
- Common name: Blubbug. The name is a conjunction of the word "Blubber" (from "blub") and "bug". Blubber is a very thick fatty hide on real-world animals such as whales, which is what Olimar describes in its entry in the Creature Log. "Bug" is obviously referring to its bug-like head and antennae.
- Japanese nickname: フグスベリ?, lit.: "Sliding Pufferfish". The creature moves by sliding around, and it resembles a real-world pufferfish, so that could be what this name is referring to.
- Japanese name: オオフグユキスベリムシ?, lit.: "Big Pufferfish Snow Sliding Bug".
- Scientific name: Fouskaflexilis bilia.
- Internal names: Its generator name is
enemy_puffer_bowl. Again, "puffer" is probably referring to "pufferfish", while "bowl" could be referring to how the bottom of its body is round like a bowl.
- Prerelease: None.
Names in other languages
|French||Adipoïde||Portmanteau of the word adipeux (fatty) and the suffix -oïde (-oid)|
|Spanish||Globichejo||From "globo" (ballon) and "bichejo" (bug)|
The Blubbug near the Unremarkable Spinner.