Mysterious Life Form
|Appears in||Pikmin 3|
|Collect treasure! levels||None|
|Battle enemies! levels||None|
|Bingo Battle levels||None|
The Mysterious Life Form (謎の生命体?, lit.: "Life Form of Mystery") is the name given to one of the forms of the Plasm Wraith. In this form, it looks like a blob of plasm. It follows Brittany, or whoever is guiding the Pikmin carrying Captain Olimar, through the labyrinth that is the Formidable Oak. Once Olimar is outside, the creature reverts to the Plasm Wraith.
Pikmin 3 Prima Guide“
When first spotted atop the oak, the Plasm Wraith transforms into a Goolix-like creature called the Mysterious Life Form, and envelopes Olimar in order to protect him, but is defeated with Pikmin attacks. With no other way to go, the group issues the Pikmin to carry Olimar through the oak itself. For reasons not currently explained, the Pikmin are unable to find the path they must take, and instead, it is decided that they follow after Brittany. As soon as they enter, the Mysterious Life Form drops from the cave ceiling and begins chasing the player down the chasm. The player must stay ahead of it while overcoming the various obstacles present within the oak in order to safely escape.
The following article or section contains guides.
The point of the confrontation with the Mysterious Life Form is not to destroy it, but to escape from it. There are a few notes that you should consider...
- The Mysterious Life Form is invincible, unless it has Olimar, so focus on always moving forward.
- There are multiple paths you can take, so take whichever is easier to overcome.
- Every enemy in the chasm is an illusion created by the Mysterious Life Form; when killed, they disintegrate into plasm. If these creatures are not killed, the Mysterious Life Form will envelop and digest them in its body when it reaches them.
- The Mysterious Life Form and the Pikmin carrying Olimar will always follow Brittany; this can be utilized to buy time. If Brittany is down, they will follow Charlie, then Alph.
- Many of the paths in the chasm are loops, so while Alph and Charlie are figuring out the puzzle, Brittany can go around in circles to distract the Mysterious Life Form.
- If Pikmin are enveloped by the Mysterious Life Form, they can be freed by continuously whistling at them. However, if the creature recaptures Olimar while any Pikmin are inside it, they will all instantly die.
- If the beast manages to recapture Olimar, it will stop following Brittany and try to leave the cave via the hole found at the beginning of the level. When being attacked, it will occasionally release an Elemental Plasm. After having sustained enough damage, the Mysterious Life Form will drop Olimar and will remain immobilized until its health gauge refills, allowing the crew an opportunity to escape.
- The Mysterious Life Form can take shortcuts through some walls. This is most noticeable with the wall between the room with the bridge fragments and Arachnode, and the room with the Red Bulborb.
- If it is carrying Olimar and reaches the hole on the wall at the center of the main corridor, it will exit through it. This will trigger a cutscene where the leaders and all Pikmin go back out through the entrance to wonder where the creature and Olimar went, followed by a comment on how it is already near sundown. This ends the day.
- If it cannot get to Olimar (for instance, if he is on a pond), it will chase after the closest leader instead.
- If it is really close, call the Pikmin carrying Olimar and let it get him. When it does, attack it, and as soon as it breaks, take advantage of it standing still and run away.
After you successfully escape the chasm, you will appear in an arena outside. The Mysterious Life Form eventually reaches the exit as well, and upon doing so, will revert to its original humanoid shape and inhale all of its scattered plasm, growing to an immense size. It will then inhale and secure Olimar inside its body, thus commencing the final battle.
|Pikmin 3 technical information (?)|
|Rock Pikmin throw hits to kill||100|
|White Pikmin ingestions to kill||0|
|Bomb rock explosions to kill||3|
|Bomb rock ingestions to kill||0|
|Number of direct hits on top to kill||0|
|Damage to leaders||10|
|Mission Mode value||0|
Because the explorers do not know about this form of the Plasm Wraith, they simply nickname it "Mysterious Life Form". In Japan, it uses the same name, 謎の生命体?, which translates to "Life Form of Mystery". Internally, it is called
metaboss, a combination of "meta" and boss. Most likely "meta" was chosen because the boss is not constructed of polygons, but of metaballs, 3D geometric functions for producing organic-looking blob objects.
Names in other languages
Nazo No Seimeitai
|Mysterious Life Form|
|French||Organisme mystérieux||Mysterious Organism|
|German||Mysteriöse Lebensform||Mysterious Life Form|
|Spanish (NoA)||Ente misterioso||Mysterious entity|
- If the player hits the Mysterious Life form with the iron ball found in the cave, it will be stunned for a brief period of time.
- The Mysterious Life Form completely passes through Candypop Buds as if they did not exist.
- While the Mysterious Life Form is reviving, a song can be heard coming from it.
- Enemies absorbed by the Mysterious Life Form get progressively smaller until they disappear.
Click an object
| Mysterious Life Form|