|Appears in||Pikmin 3|
|Scientific name||Gerridus clavomacula|
|Areas||Distant Tundra, Twilight River|
|Mission Mode Collect Treasure! levels||Silver Lake, Forgotten Cove|
|Mission Mode Battle Enemies! levels||Garden of Hope Remix, Fortress of Festivity, The Rustyard, Clockwork Chasm|
|Side Story levels||Pikmin Reunion|
|Bingo Battle levels||Stagnant Sea, Parched Brook|
|Attacks||Spit water at Pikmin|
The Skeeterskate (ミズンボウ?, lit.: "Watery Pond Skater") is an enemy that appears in Pikmin 3. It skims around the surface of the water, and attacks by shooting small jets of water at the Pikmin and leaders. It can be killed in one hit by throwing a Pikmin on top of it, much like a Dwarf Bulborb.
|2||4 (normally)||3|| × 5
“Structural flaw: weak hide
Pikmin 3 Prima Guide
The following article or section contains guides.
The Skeeterskate will skim across the water aimlessly until Pikmin are nearby. Once it spots Pikmin, it will inflate the sac atop its head and fire jets of water at them. A single shot of water will splash on the ground and affect all Pikmin within a small radius.
Skeeterskates are easiest to hit when the water sac is empty, as they will stop to refill it, so it is a good idea to run behind it with Blue Pikmin and throw them at such a time.
In certain areas of the game, the player is forced to fight them without any Blue Pikmin. In this case, it is possible to walk into the water underneath, then swarm them with Winged Pikmin. If a Skeeterskate is close enough to land, it is also possible to kill it with any other kind of Pikmin with a single toss, but the player must be ready to rescue any Pikmin that risk drowning.
|Pikmin 3 technical information (?)|
|These values are the same in Pikmin 3 and Pikmin 3 Deluxe.|
|Rock Pikmin throw hits to kill||1|
|White Pikmin ingestions to kill||0|
|Bomb rock explosions to kill||1|
|Bomb rock ingestions to kill||0|
|Number of direct hits on top to kill||1|
|Damage to leaders||0|
|Mission Mode value||5|
- See more: Spitterspatter family#Naming.
- Common name: Skeeterskate. From "Skeeter", slang for "mosquito", and "skate", a reference to the pond skater.
- Japanese nickname: ミズンボウ?, lit.: "Watery Pond Skater".
- Japanese name: タテジマミズンボウ?, lit.: "Vertical Stripes Watery Pond Skater".
- Scientific name: Gerridus clavomacula. Clavomacula could be derived from the macula part of the retina creatures use to see with 20/20 precision, possibly in reference to the Skeeterskate's accurate shots when hitting targets.
- Internal names: Its internal name is
amembo, which refers to the word アメンボウ? (lit.: "pond skater").
- Prerelease: None.
Names in other languages
|Watery Pond Skater|
|French||Ragnée d'eau||From araignée d'eau (water spider)|
A Skeeterskate in the Distant Tundra.
The creature locked on.
- The Skeeterskate is the first tripedal creature in the series alongside the Quaggled Mireclops.