|Appears in||Pikmin 2, Pikmin 3|
|Scientific name||Sus loogiens|
|Areas||Valley of Repose, Wistful Wild, Formidable Oak|
|Caves||Snagret Hole, Shower Room, Cavern of Chaos, Hole of Heroes, Dream Den|
|Challenge Mode levels||Hot House, Cryptic Cavern, Hazard Training|
|Mission Mode Collect Treasure! levels||Beastly Caverns|
|Mission Mode Battle Enemies! levels||Silver Lake, Fortress of Festivity, Forgotten Cove|
|Side Story levels||Land, Sea, and Sky, First Part Found, The Ship Restored|
|2-Player Battle levels||Hostile Territory|
|Bingo Battle levels||Jigsaw Fortress, Parched Brook|
Watery Blowhogs (ミズブタ?, lit.: "Water Pig") look exactly like Fiery Blowhogs, except that their snouts are colored blue. Instead of fire, they spit out a water-like liquid that gets stuck on the Pikmin's heads, excluding Blue Pikmin and Bulbmin. Leaders will be pummeled to the ground if they are caught in the blast, making this one of the few times where leaders can be damaged by water. Purple Pikmin may work as well as long they are thrown (preferably on top of the Blowhog, so it gets stunned). Blowing the whistle in the area the water is spewed can also cancel out the attack almost instantly and save the Pikmin caught in the spray instantly.
Just like the Fiery Blowhog, it has lightly colored segments that are hard to see.
|(?)||5||10 (normally)||8|| × 30
“Structural flaw: inhaling period
Nintendo Player's Guide
"You can tell a Watery Blowhog by its blue snout. The beast spits water and causes non-blue Pikmin to be lost in bubbles. If you're traveling with a large Pikmin army, swarm the Watery Blowhog and be ready to save the bubble-bound soldiers with your whistle."
Pikmin 3 Prima Guide
"A Watery Blowhog attacks by shooting water out of its snout. When battling one of these creatures, use your Blue Pikmin to attack the Watery Blowhog without any casualties. If your squad contains only a small amount of Blue Pikmin, use them to distract the Watery Blowhog, then flank the creature and have your more vulnerable Pikmin charge from the rear."
See the strategy for defeating Fiery Blowhogs, but keep in mind that the creature spews water, not fire, and that Blue Pikmin are recommended, not Red Pikmin.
|Pikmin 2 technical information (?)|
|Global properties (List)|
|s001||wallReflection||Unknown (wall bounce speed multiplier?)||0.5|
|s004||bounceFactor||Unknown (bounce when it hits the ground?)||0.3|
|fp01||マップとの当り||Unknown (related to slopes)||25|
|fp02||ダメージスケールXZ||Horizontal damage scale||0.35|
|fp03||ダメージスケールY||Vertical damage scale||0.25|
|fp04||ダメージフレーム||Damage scale duration||0.35|
|fp14||探索距離||Unknown (exploration radius?)||0|
|fp15||探索角度||Unknown (exploration angle?)||0|
|fp16||振り払い率||Successful shake rate||1|
|fp20||攻撃可能範囲||Unknown (shock attack max range?)||120|
|fp21||攻撃可能角度||Unknown (shock attack max angle?)||0|
|fp22||攻撃ヒット範囲||Unknown (attack hit range?)||25|
|fp23||攻撃ヒット角度||Unknown (attack hit angle?)||0|
|fp25||視界高||Unknown (height visibility?)||100|
|fp26||探索高||Unknown (exploration height?)||0|
|fp27||ライフの高さ||HP wheel height||50|
|fp29||警戒時間||Unknown (warning time?)||15|
|fp33||マップとのあたりポリゴンの選定||Collision processing radius||40|
|fp34||ピクミンとのあたり||Pikmin damage radius||15|
|fp36||ヒップドロップダメージ||Purple Pikmin drop damage||50|
|fp37||地震気絶確立||Purple Pikmin stun chance||0.3 (30%)|
|fp38||地震気絶時間||Purple Pikmin stun time||10|
|ip01||振り払い打撃Ａ||Shake mode 1 – hit count||3|
|ip02||振り払い張付１||Shake mode 1 – Pikmin requirement||2|
|ip03||振り払い打撃Ｂ||Shake mode 2 – hit count||3|
|ip04||振り払い張付２||Shake mode 2 – Pikmin requirement||5|
|ip05||振り払い打撃Ｃ||Shake mode 3 – hit count||3|
|ip06||振り払い張付３||Shake mode 3 – Pikmin requirement||10|
|ip07||振り払い打撃Ｄ||Shake mode 4 – hit count||3|
|Pikmin 3 technical information (?)|
|Rock Pikmin throw hits to kill||30|
|White Pikmin ingestions to kill||0|
|Bomb rock explosions to kill||1|
|Bomb rock ingestions to kill||0|
|Number of direct hits on top to kill||0|
|Damage to leaders||10|
|Mission Mode value||30|
In Pikmin 3, this enemy has the exact same technical information as the Fiery Blowhog.
- Size: Body length: 52mm, as per the e-card
- Pikmin 2 Piklopedia number: #14
- See also: Blowhog family#Naming.
- Common name: Watery Blowhog. Like the Fiery Blowhog, this hog-like enemy blows out a hazard, but it is water instead of fire.
- Japanese nickname: ミズブタ?, lit.: "Water Pig".
- Japanese name: ヒフキブタドックリ（水吐変種）?, lit.: "Fire Breathing Pig Tokkuri (water spit variant)".
- Scientific name: Sus loogiens. The word loogiens seems to be derived "loogie" is a slang term for mouth spit, mixed with nose mucus.
- Internal names: Internally, this enemy is called
wtankin Pikmin 2, which is the same internal name as the Fiery Blowhog, but starting with "w", for "water". In Pikmin 3, this enemy is recognized as being the same as the Fiery Blowhog, so it shares the internal name –
- Prerelease: The original English name for the Watery Blowhog was "Spitty Blowhog". This name can both be found on GameCube Interactive Multi-Game Demo Disc Version 18, as well as an early English script left inside the final game.
Names in other languages
|French||Puffy Cracheau||Portmanteau of crache (spit) and eau (water); Water-spitter Blowhog|
|German||Rüsselaquatis||From aqua (water) and German Rüssel (trunk/proboscis); Trunk-Aquatis|
|Italian||Eruptor Idrico||Water-spitter Blowhog|
|Spanish (NoA)||Verraco acuático||Aquatic pig|
A Watery Blowhog in water, on the Piklopedia.
The creature's e-card, #16 (17th blue card).
- By standing really close to a Watery Blowhog in Pikmin 2, it will rotate to face the leader, but will never actually attack. Instead, it will endlessly repeat its rotation animation. This happens with the Fiery Blowhog as well, and interestingly, the Watery Blowhog near the entrance to the Subterranean Complex follows through this animation faster than normal.
- The Prima Guide for Pikmin 3 and the Nintendo Player's Guide for Pikmin 2 state that the Watery Blowhog spits water. This contradicts the Piklopedia, which states that it shoots a flammable liquid, but is incapable of igniting it.
- The only Watery Blowhog in Pikmin 3's story mode is located at the Formidable Oak. However, it might not be an actual Watery Blowhog because every enemy at the Formidable Oak turns into plasm when defeated, implying that it was created by the Plasm Wraith. This can also be applied to the Shearwig's appearance in Pikmin 3's story mode.
- ^ Proto:Pikmin 2/Piklopedia Entries on The Cutting Room Floor
- ^ Pikmin 2/Early English Script on The Cutting Room Floor