|Appears in||Pikmin 3, Pikmin 4|
|Scientific name||Fenestari albaprismatus|
|Areas||Garden of Hope, Sun-Speckled Terrace, Blossoming Arcadia|
|Caves||Cavern for a King, The Mud Pit|
|Mission Mode Collect Treasure! stages||None|
|Mission Mode Battle Enemies! stages||None|
|Side Story days||Flower Garden|
|Dandori Challenge stages||None|
|Dandori Battle stages||None|
|Bingo Battle stages||Shaded Terrace, Blooming Terrace|
White Spectralids (シロシジミ?, lit.: "White Lycaenid") are small butterfly creatures in Pikmin 3 and Pikmin 4, acting as new versions of the Unmarked Spectralids from Pikmin 2. They have white wings, very fuzzy bodies, red eyes and two small feet they use to stand on things. They are very aesthetic, and will fly around any level and land on almost any surface, usually flowers, Pellet Posies, or the eyes or back of a sleeping Bulborb. Compared to other Pikmin 3 flutterbies, this one has white wings, with a purple and black circular pattern on the tips, for the top wings, and without the purple on the bottom ones.
Unlike other Spectralids, this type of flutterbie drops nothing. To compensate, in Pikmin 3 it is found near the landing site and the Blue Onion, meaning their retrieval doesn't normally take much time. This is a good (albeit slow) way for players to farm seeds without needing to stray away into more dangerous zones.
The following article or section is in need of assistance from someone who plays Pikmin 3.
|(?)||1||1||1|| × 10
“Structural flaw: weak hide
Pikmin 3 Prima Guide
“The White Spectralids is a harmless flying creature. Unless Pikmin cultivation is your priority, it's usually best to ignore these enemies.If you choose to attack a White Spectralids, use Winged Pikmin to defeat the creature with ease. If that's not an option, wait for the White Spectralids to land, then toss a single Pikmin onto its back.”
The following article or section contains guides.
Any type of Pikmin can be thrown directly at a White Spectralids to defeat it instantly. You must, however, remain a considerable distance away from the creature, as it will fly away if any leader gets too close; this is not a problem for Winged Pikmin, as they will give chase, making them the best option for defeating these creatures. Unless you are trying to cultivate as many Pikmin as possible, it's best not to bother with these creatures; they drop no nectar when killed and they provide only one Pikmin when brought to the Onion.
|Pikmin 3 technical information (?)|
|Rock Pikmin throw hits to kill||1|
|White Pikmin ingestions to kill||0|
|Bomb rock explosions to kill||1|
|Bomb rock ingestions to kill||0|
|Number of direct hits on top to kill||1|
|Damage to leaders||10|
|Mission Mode value||10|
- Common name: White Spectralids. See here for details.
- Japanese nickname: シロシジミ?. It translates to "White Lycaenid". See here for details.
- Japanese name: モンシロイエシジミ?, lit.: "Pattern White House Lycaenid".
- Scientific name: Fenestari albaprismatus. See here for details on the Fenestari genus and prismatus. Alba is Latin for "white".
- Internal names: Unknown.
- Prerelease: None.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Witte spectraliet||White spectralid|
|French||Spectrillon blanc||White spectrafly||"Spectrillon" is a portmanteau of "spectral" (spectral) and "papillon" (butterfly)|
|German||Weißer Spectralid||White Spectralid|
|Italian||Spettralide bianco||White spectralid||"Spettralide" comes from "spettrale" (spectral)|
|White Clam Butterfly||바지락나비 is a calque of シジミチョウ? (lycaenid)|
|Spanish||Espectrálida blanca||White spectralid||"Espectrálida" comes from "espectral" (spectral)|
|Portuguese||Espectraleta branca||White spectrafly||"Espectraleta" is a portmanteau of "espectral" (spectral) and "borboleta" (butterfly)|
- The White Spectralids is the only Spectralids in Pikmin 3 that doesn't appear in Mission Mode.
- In the game files for the Garden of Hope, a White Spectralids is meant to spawn near the Bulborb the player encounters on the way to free Brittany, but in-game, no such Spectralids exists.
- There is a White Spectralids near the gate blocking the way to the Astringent Clump in the Garden of Hope, but this Spectralids actually starts out of bounds slightly under the floor, beyond the gate, before the transition zone, and on the left ledge. It's not until the day begins that it moves to its correct position.