Bamboo gates are gates made out of bamboo sticks, and are found only in Pikmin 3. They require Winged Pikmin to open, but unlike other gates, these cannot be opened permanently. Each of the five sticks has a pink handle on top, which requires two Winged Pikmin in order to be lifted – as such, ten Winged Pikmin must be issued to lift the entire gate. Until they are called back, they will keep the gate in this opened position, allowing leaders, Pikmin, or even enemies passage underneath. No more than ten Winged Pikmin can lift a single gate, and once they are told to return, they will close it again. If less than all the Winged Pikmin get called back, the gate will fall and any remaining Pikmin will struggle to hold up the gate. If an item gets stuck under a closed bamboo gate, it will glitch back and forth while remaining stuck in the gate. It will be freed if the gate is lifted back up, however.
- Garden of Hope: One in the pool where Blue Pikmin are found.
- Distant Tundra: One guarding the Shaggy Long Legs arena, and another guarding the Spotty Bulbear.
- Twilight River: One serving as a back entrance, allowing one to reach the Portable Sunset without fighting the three Orange Bulborbs in close proximity. Found near the Burrowing Snagret arena.
- Land, Sea, and Sky: Two block access to a group of enemies.
- Team Monster Hunt: A bamboo gate appears next to Olimar's starting position, while a second blocks access to some sprouted Winged Pikmin on Louie's side of the field.
- Big Fruit Carnival: A single bamboo gate must be lifted to progress through the level, but it otherwise does not hamper the path of any collectible fruit.
A bamboo gate in the process of being lifted by Winged Pikmin.
Names in other languagesEdit
Take no Saku
|Recinto di bambù
|Puerta de bambú