A tunnel is a type of obstacle in Pikmin 3 and Pikmin 4. Some walls have tunnels in them which serve as shortcuts between two parts of an area, but when these walls are first found, they are covered in pebbles and dirt. Pikmin must be ordered to open the tunnel, where they will slowly begin cleaning up the clutter. The tunnel cannot be entered until all the gravel has been removed.
- Main article: Dig#Digging speeds.
There are two phases for digging a tunnel. The first phase consists in digging the entrance to the tunnel, and the second one consists in digging inside the tunnel. During the first phase, different Pikmin types will dig at different speeds, whereas in the second one, every Pikmin will dig at the same speed. The following table lists relative digging speeds, based on the most "normal" Pikmin type, the Blue Pikmin.
These digging speeds are exactly the same as each Pikmin type's relative attack power. It's possible to see that Yellow Pikmin are not given any speed improvement, compared to when they are digging a buried fruit.
Narrow tunnels are a variant of normal tunnels. Due to their size, Oatchi is unable to go through them; except this, they work just like normal tunnels.
- Pikmin 3
- Tropical Wilds: There is one located near the Whiptongue Bulborb right at the main exit of the landing site. Burrowing through it leads to the ledges to go up to the Armored Cannon Larva.
- Distant Tundra:
- There is one located under the Cupid's Grenade near the landing site. This allows the leaders to traverse between their landing site and the small area with Pyroclasmic Slooches and Crimson Candypop Buds. It provides a shortcut for Pikmin that are carrying pieces of the Dawn Pustules.
- There is one behind the S.S. Drake, which can be used to go to the place where Alph and Brittany must exchange Pikmin before the main bridge is completed. It provides a shortcut for Pikmin that are carrying fragments of the bridge.
- Beastly Caverns (Collect Treasure!): There is one located north of the SPERO. This allows Red Pikmins to traverse to the area behind the Reinforced wall.
- Tundra: There is one located under the Cupid's Grenade near the landing site, in the same place as in the Distant Tundra.
- Pikmin 4
- Serene Shores
- Hero's Hideaway: Two tunnels are found in the area. One connects the floor to the Stargazer's Spot, while the other connects the floor with the kitchen countertop.
- Giant's Hearth
- Primordial Thicket
This article or section is in need of more images.
Name in other languages
The following article or section is in need of assistance from someone who plays Pikmin 4.