The following article or section is in need of assistance from someone who plays Hey! Pikmin.
The following article or section is in need of assistance from someone who plays Pikmin 3 Deluxe.
Dirt walls are sandcastle-like gates found in Pikmin 3, Pikmin 4, and Hey! Pikmin. They are the most basic type of gate and replace bramble gates from the first two games. They break down and fall apart as opposed to sinking into the ground. These types of gates can be destroyed by any Pikmin type; however, some of these walls are found partially or completely submerged underwater, meaning that they require Blue Pikmin to destroy.
In Pikmin 3, Pikmin are more effective at taking one down if they are latched onto it from a throw, but as the layers on the gate peel down, those Pikmin will eventually fall and attack at ground level. For Rock Pikmin in Pikmin 3, throwing them at the wall repeatedly is much faster than letting them lunge on their own, and is in fact, the fastest way to take down a wall using Pikmin. In Pikmin 3 Deluxe however, Rock Pikmin left to attack the wall on their own can take it down fairly quickly. These walls can be destroyed using a single bomb rock. In Pikmin 4, Oatchi can deal sizable damage by rushing into a dirt wall, especially if he is carrying Pikmin as they will all be thrown onto the wall.
These types of walls all have the same design in Pikmin 3, but in Pikmin 3 Deluxe, there are 8 different designs of dirt wall with various patterns of white paint on the columns at the sides of the wall. Those designs are: no paint, 3 horizontal stripes, 1 vertical stripe, 2 wavy stripes (all walls with this pattern are found in water), 3 diagonal stripes, an "X" mark, 3 triangles, and 4 circles.
In Pikmin 4, the design has returned to being mostly the same as in Pikmin 3, but with a few minor changes. The wall portion is now more rectangular and featureless on top. Certain walls are also significantly wider than others, compared to all walls previously being the same in width. The white paint patterns from Pikmin 3 Deluxe do not return.
- Pikmin 3
- Tropical Wilds: One is found on the first day, inside the cave where the Pyroclasmic Slooch would normally be, another is outside the landing site, and closes off access to a Pocked Airhead, a third wall underwater guards access to the Calcified Crushblat's arena, and a fourth can be found separating the small brown bridge near the landing site from the area with a Dapper Blob and a Swooping Snitchbug.
- Garden of Hope: One is located in the second half of the area, near the Bug-Eyed Crawmad's nest, and another is located near the Toady Bloyster and a pile of fragments used to build the pot. Both of these are completely submerged underwater. A third separates the landing site from the fragment pile used to build the nearby bridge, with this bridge leading to a fourth wall by the Bulborb. A fifth wall blocks the 2D facing area with the Zest Bomb and Astringent Clump, with the last one blocking access to the Armored Mawdad's arena.
- Distant Tundra: Two of the dirt walls in this area are partially submerged in the main river. One is by the area with Wogpoles, near the land protrusion to swap Pikmin in, while the other one is right next to the ledge with the Face Wrinkler. The last dirt wall is also by the land protrusion, but it blocks an alcove with a Bearded Amprat and a Bouncy Mushroom.
- Twilight River: One wall is in the second half of the area, and blocks off a small land bridge to cross the river, and a second one separates the area with the clipboards and the swarm of Scornets.
- Formidable Oak: The first is found at the end of the room with the Bulborbs, the next one can be found to the far end of the circular area where the bridge is built, a third is at the end of the path where the Nectarous Dandelfly is, and the fourth is in the dark cave, and simply separates a path to get the fragments (this wall does not need to be destroyed, however). The final is also in the dark cave, blocking the path that needs to be taken if the clipboard is not lifted.
- Flower Garden: One stands near the Rock Pikmin and blocks one of two routes to the second half of the level, while the second blocks access to a Face Wrinkler.
- Inside Forest: The first is right next to the Onion, and is a shortcut to the main area of the level. The second blocks access to the arena with the Orange Bulborb.
- Pikmin Reunion: There is one adjacent to the Red Onion for a mild shortcut.
- Creature Hunting: A dirt wall blocks access to a Bulborb and some Dwarf Bulborbs.
- Land, Sea, and Sky: A dirt wall blocks Red Pikmin from being able to proceed beyond their starting area beyond the red bridge.
- First Part Found: One appears near the Fiery Blowhogs and blocks the blue bridge from being constructed, while a second blocks a route for the ship part to take. A third wall serves primarily as a choice in detour.
- Team Monster Hunt: A dirt wall blocks Olimar from being able to access the Whiptongue Bulborbs.
- Another Part Found: A dirt wall stands directly in front of the SPERO.
- Pikmin 4
The following article or section is in need of assistance from someone who plays Pikmin 4.
- Sun-Speckled Terrace: One wall is found near the first base next to a Dwarf Bulborb, breaking it gives access to the Last-Frost Cavern and the rest of the map. The other dirt wall is found next to the Temporal Mechanism, guarded by a Bulborb.
- Blossoming Arcadia: There’s only 1 dirt wall in the area which is located near the two Downy Snagrets guarding the Sticky Jewel.
- Drafty Gallery: In sublevel 1, the wall is located to the left of where the Leader would land when entering the sublevel. In the second sublevel, there’s a wall blocking access to an Ice Candypop Bud and another is near the Fiery Blowhog guarding the Sphere of Support.
- Sightless Passage: The wall is located between the room which holds a Castaway and the adjacent room holding a Scorchcake.
- Kingdom of Beasts: In sublevel 1 there’s a wall located near the S.S. Beagle and the other wall is found near the awake Bulborb fighting wild Red Pikmin.
- Serene Shores: One wall is found near the Blossoming Dunes Base, which blocks access to the 2 Chance Totems. A second dirt wall is found blocking access to the Fishy Bed. A third wall is located next to the Water's Edge base which is covered in sand. And a fourth one is located near the Dawn Pustules and the Zest Bomb treasures.
- Seafloor Resort: In sublevel 1, a dirt wall is located near the lone Lesser Spotted Jellyfloat and the Flarlic. In sublevel 3, a wall can be found near the Greater Spotted Jellyfloat and another is found near the Clipboard which weighs 10.
- Below-Grade Discotheque: In sublevel 4, it is located near the Tusked Blowhog holding the Relentless Spear.
- Engulfed Castle: In sublevel 1, one can be found blocking entrance to the hole to sublevel 2 and the other is blocking access to the button which lowers the iron fence. In sublevel 2, one is located to the right of the 2 Albino Dwarf Bulborbs. The other is near the Daughter of the Earth, opposite the iron fence. There’s 3 walls in sublevel 3: one is near a Joustmite blocking access to a button, the second is near the Wollyhop and the third is found in the corridor with the 2 Nectar Eggs; close to the Scaly Custard. Sublevel 4’s wall is found in the corridor populated with the 2 Moldy Dwarf Bulborbs.
- Hey! Pikmin
- Snowfall Field
This article or section is in need of more images.
The dirt wall in Freezing Wasteland.
Red Pikmin destroying a dirt wall in a prerelease version of Pikmin 3.
Names in other languages
Tsuchi no Kabe
|French (NoE)||Mur de terre||Dirt wall|
|Italian||Muro di fango||Mud wall|
|Spanish||Muro de barro||Mud wall|
|Portuguese||Parede de barro||Clay wall|
Arachnode web • Bag • Bamboo gate • Bodies of water • Boulder • Bramble gate • Cardboard box (tin box) • Clog • Cobblestone block • Crystals • Crystal wall • Dam • Dirt block • Dirt wall • Electric gate • Electrical wire • Fire geyser • Flames • Gas pipe • Hydroe bramble • Ice wall • Iron block • Kingcap • Numbered gate • Paper bag • Reinforced wall • Spotcap • Switch gate • Trowel • Tunnel